• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Lari

Vinny said he wasn't sure Sunshine would happen this week at the end of the last episode...

So it's possible we don't get one this week :(

derFeef

Sooo, if I am playing Yakuza 0 - will I be burned out on it if I then head straight into Yakuza Kiwami? I tink I am at chapter 4? lol

TraBuch

Banned
Hey duders, I think you should play some east vs west four on four The Last of Us multiplayer. It's really fun and tense.

Sooo, if I am playing Yakuza 0 - will I be burned out on it if I then head straight into Yakuza Kiwami? I tink I am at chapter 4? lol
I would never play multiple Yakuza games one after the other. You need a break.

drabnon

Something I just thought about. Miiverse is apparently shutting down soon. Won't that cripple Mario Maker? Unless I have a misunderstanding of how Mario Maker's online component operates? It would suck quite a bit if the 2015 GOTY gets neutered just 2 years after release.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You mean other than it being stuck on the Wii U?

There's a reason why I skipped 0.

But if you're hot and fresh on it I don't see why not.

Finally finished watching Beast in the East earlier tonight, just in time for Kiwami to show up from Amazon tomorrow. Man, that game closes REALLY strong & as someone who's played the rest of the series, seeing 0's take on Majima is the best. It mostly felt like his story to me more than Kiryu's.

When they do eventually check out Kiwami, I do hope it's Alex in the driver's seat, as Dan's incessant whining about the combat did start to get more annoying as the series went on. At least now he knows how Drew felt while fumbling his way through the MGS games.

Maybe if he wasn't playing it like a Dynasty Warriors game and wasn't obsessed with Heat actions...

derFeef

There's a reason why I skipped 0.

But if you're hot and fresh on it I don't see why not.

Hmm, I can see myself skipping 0 entirely as the last time I played that game was like half a year ago - that now depends on length and quality of the story in comparison to Kiwami.

LiK

Nope. Since the stories are interconnected, you'll just feel like you're moving into another chapter. But maybe take a week off before continuing.

LiK

Yeah, started 0 months ago but so many games... :(
I guess it's the right thing to do... to finish it.

I'm going to binge Y0 and Kiwami next month. Shouldn't take too long unless I try to do everything which I don't plan on doing unless I get sucked in. I never did 100% any of the previous games.

Email: "Windjammers is now available on PS4 et PS Vita!"
*searches PSN*
"| Game | 0 results"

The-Simpsons-Season-15-Episode-9-3-8683.jpg

Since it's leaving HBO in a couple days, just watched They Live with Film and 40's. Pretty fun, even the argument at the end (silly as it was), had me laughing since I was prepared for the nonsense of it.

Mr. F

Banned
Caught last week's SMS. I don't remember the Pachinko machine, but that's some serious bullshit game design.

I seriously wonder how that game got out the door with the camera being the way it is. I remembered it being a pain in the ass at the time but seeing it now it's brutal

oti

Banned
Mario and Rabbids is weird. I'm having fun so far but it definitely lacks some Nintendo polish. The text looks really flat and there was even some text going out of a speech bubble. The graphics are pretty but a bit too bright for my taste. It seemes washed out in a way.

Mr. F

Banned
Mario and Rabbids is weird. I'm having fun so far but it definitely lacks some Nintendo polish. The text looks really flat and there was even some text going out of a speech bubble. The graphics are pretty but a bit too bright for my taste. It seemes washed out in a way.

Yeah seeing videos the text treatment sticks out pretty bad. I guess it wouldn't be a Ubi game without some UI jank, though

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Too much brightness does lead to a washout affect.

I'm not seeing M+R as washed out though. It's way more colourful than BotW for example, which actually goes for that deliberately washed out look.

oti

Banned
Maybe it's just the fact this has Mario in it but looks a bit different than Nintendo's Mario games that throws me off.

Curufinwe

Hey duders, I think you should play some east vs west four on four The Last of Us multiplayer. It's really fun and tense.

Can you choose to only play on certain maps now? At launch on PS4 you couldn't, and I think it's shitty to put in multiplayer trophies for getting kills on certain maps if it's just random what map you end up on.

Everyone knows the Final Cut is the only version worth watching.

Related: I get to see the 4K remaster of Blade Runner (the Final Cut) in theaters on Thursday.

pizzacat

Banned
Trabuch please tlou mp is sorta bad and none of them like elimination based mp like that (but waiting an hour in pubg is fine)

Also those microtransactions put me off so far away from that game even the remaster had them

Also when dan gets competitive nty

UC4 survival tho

Everyone wins

Gurrry

I know theyre probably working on the quick look for Mario + Rabbids, but it kind of sucks that they didnt have a video up before it came out. Id like to hear what they think before purchasing, but with it not even on the schedule, im left to look at other reviews to find out if its worth it or not.

Did they just not get a review copy or what?

TraBuch

Banned
Trabuch please tlou mp is sorta bad and none of them like elimination based mp like that (but waiting an hour in pubg is fine)

Also those microtransactions put me off so far away from that game even the remaster had them

Also when dan gets competitive nty

UC4 survival tho

Everyone wins
TLoU multiplayer is fantastic. The microtransactions won't affect them because none of them play it and probably haven't bought anything, so they'll all be on an even playing field. Competitive Dan is fine when he actually has a reason to be competitive. It's pretty dumb when he gets competitive in co-op.

tesqui

I know theyre probably working on the quick look for Mario + Rabbids, but it kind of sucks that they didnt have a video up before it came out. Id like to hear what they think before purchasing, but with it not even on the schedule, im left to look at other reviews to find out if its worth it or not.

Did they just not get a review copy or what?

GB used to have quicklooks up exactly when embargo lifted. What the heck..

I guess west is still short a producer though.

Top Bottom