• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

def sim

Sooo, if I am playing Yakuza 0 - will I be burned out on it if I then head straight into Yakuza Kiwami? I tink I am at chapter 4? lol

I played 3&4 back to back in 2011 and couldn't get myself to play another until this year. The melodrama gets a bit much.

Add me to the list of people surprised that M+R doesn't have a QL yet. There could be a bunch of reasons for it I guess. Wasn't sent, weird embargo, video issues, live QL at a later point.. Just wish I knew what it was.

def sim

Need to balance them out with the ridiculous sidequests.

I love the substories, but they weren't enough to pad out the parts I didn't like. The story gets p stupid and I didn't like all the characters in 4. I can only handle so many Mary Sue characters.

If they're really going to play all Yakuza games, I look forward to their reaction to 3's nonsense.

chogidogs

I wanted to buy a physical copy of Kiwami but all the retail places around me decided not to sell it today so I had to buy digital. Sony's download speeds are ass as usual tho.

Enjoying Mario + Rabbids also! More challenging than I thought. I died at 1-3 cause I wasn't taking it seriously.

LiK

I love the substories, but they weren't enough to pad out the parts I didn't like. The story gets p stupid and I didn't like all the characters in 4. I can only handle so many Mary Sue characters.

If they're really going to play all Yakuza games, I look forward to their reaction to 3's nonsense.

Shame Y3 was gutted for Western release. But I'm in the minority of people who actually loved the whole orphanage story.

def sim

Shame Y3 was gutted for Western release. But I'm in the minority of people who actually loved the whole orphanage story.

Ah yeah I heard about that. I didn't mind the orphanage parts- maybe they'll do a Kiwami for 3 and we'll get to see the cut content.

Gurrry

GB used to have quicklooks up exactly when embargo lifted. What the heck..

I guess west is still short a producer though.

Yeah thats true. I miss the old days when I could rely on them for instant takes on new games.

But hey, atleast I can watch more PUBG.... right?

Add me to the list of people surprised that M+R doesn't have a QL yet. There could be a bunch of reasons for it I guess. Wasn't sent, weird embargo, video issues, live QL at a later point.. Just wish I knew what it was.

It's probably PAX. It screws up everything. I have NO clue why they continue to do it, all it does is cause issues and content drought for around a month. You see excuses around a week before PAX because they have to tear down stuff, then around a few weeks after because they have to recover or got sick and then have to rebuild the entire studio. And all we get out of it is usually a recap of the most recent bombcast as they talk about the same things they did a few days prior and haven't had the opportunity to play anything new because they were prepping all week.... PWX blows.

BTA

I still haven't watched the last few PAX panels.

I liked the East one I saw in person last year but it wasn't really worth the wait in line.

oti

Banned
I'd like if someone would at least acknowledge the lack of Kingdom Hearts last week. At least some kind of explanation would be nice? Maybe that and the lack of QLs is due to PAX. I really didn't need another reason to hate that show.

Gurrry

It's probably PAX. It screws up everything. I have NO clue why they continue to do it, all it does is cause issues and content drought for around a month. You see excuses around a week before PAX because they have to tear down stuff, then around a few weeks after because they have to recover or got sick and then have to rebuild the entire studio. And all we get out of it is usually a recap of the most recent bombcast as they talk about the same things they did a few days prior and haven't had the opportunity to play anything new because they were prepping all week.... PWX blows.

Ahhh ok this makes sense. Completely forgot that they were doing PAX this year.

It does suck that they didnt get one out though. I really value their opinions as their gaming tastes often align with my own, so it bums me out that we havent gotten to hear their opinions on it much other than E3 coverage.

Hopefully they have some time to play it during PAX and can get us some thoughts at the panel or something.

oti

Banned
It's nice for GB fans to meet them in real life and I'm sure that's super important for the GB #brand but my god do I hate PAX with a passion. Lame panel, lame Q&A, super duper mega lame wrestling show (I actually stopped watching them after the second one or something, so maybe they're good now
of course they aren't
) and most importantly a hard content stop for a week.

Save us, Brad Homestream.

Mr. F

Banned
It's nice for GB fans to meet them in real life and I'm sure that's super important for the GB #brand but my god do I hate PAX with a passion. Lame panel, lame Q&A, super duper mega lame wrestling show (I actually stopped watching them after the second one or something, so maybe they're good now
of course they aren't
) and most importantly a hard content stop for a week.

Save us, Brad Homestream.

Crud I forgot this is the week everyone GB adjacent hypes/pretends pax wrestling is remotely good/funny/entertaining

BTA

Crud I forgot this is the week everyone GB adjacent hypes/pretends pax wrestling is remotely good/funny/entertaining

I don't like wrestling in general at all.

But PAX wrestling is pretty entertaining and just my kind of goofy overindulgence. I'm very happy I was able to see Jeff's fabulous acting as Dr. Tracksuit live last year.

def sim

rockstar apparently added a battleground mode to gtav

The mode - called BATTLE ROYAL ADVERSARY MODE - is for between 4 to 28 players, and can feature between 2 to 4 teams.

"2-4 teams parachute into a post-apocalyptic warzone with nothing but a pistol and a serious shopping list" the mode's description reads. "The streets are littered with heavy firepower and

"The streets are littered with heavy firepower and weaponised vehicles, and you better hope your decision-making is up to scratch: last team standing inherits the earth, second place is a smoking crater."

Top Bottom