• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Hindl

Jeff will singlehandedly get Horizon on the list. If he can do it with Syndicate, he can do it with Horizon. Hoping the other guys will finish it so they will fight for it.

Horizon is this year's Axiom Verge. Jeff loves it when it comes out early in the year, 5 stars, and then come GOTY time he's forgotten about it and won't fight for it

When did brad say anything about horizon? Rorie isn't part of the deliberations anyway.

On The 1099 podcast. Actually he listed the games he wants to finish before GOTY deliberations(aside from making side comments to Jeff on the Bombcast whenever Jeff brought up Horizon). I know Rorie isn't part of the deliberations but his opinion still matters damnit!

LiK

Horizon is this year's Axiom Verge. Jeff loves it when it comes out early in the year, 5 stars, and then come GOTY time he's forgotten about it and won't fight for it

Thankfully, he'll be reminded when the DLC comes out this year. Just in time!

Mr. F

Banned
Horizon is one of those games where I'm sure it's exceptionally well put together but the more time passes the less I feel inclined to check it out

Rorie absolutely loves it but he still hasn't finished it yet. Brad seems to love/enjoy it as well but he too still has to finish it.

I forgot about Rorie, you're right! I thought Brad hadn't even started it? Could swear he just mentioned within the last week "I need to get to Horizon" or something? Maybe I misheard haha

For what its worth I enjoyed Horizon. Coming back to it after BotW was rough, it ruined the open world/exploring aspect of it for me. Combat was fun though, I enjoyed the story. I really liked the setting too.

daveo42

Banned
Horizon will make top 10. It might just take the 10th slot, but it'll make it. It's in a similar position to Witcher in that one person's enjoyment will at least get it on there. As for games that will make the list but will probably be lower than most expect, I'd say it'll be PUBG. I think they enjoy the game alot, but I don't think it'll actually take the top spot.

BTA

That teenage love story was the best thing about it. Other than that, in the garbage bin it goes.

In a surprising twist, for once reading too much Snapchat clickbait has actually informed me: the sorta fucked thing is that it's not just Miiverse the social network. There's a decent number of big 3DS and Wii U games that are about to lose things like custom level and replay sharing because they were all tied into Miiverse for some reason.

I wish they weren't closing it before Thanksgiving (when I can use my family's Wii U); there was one game in particular they mentioned that I wanted to try since it seems like they do an interesting thing with Miiverse.

I forgot about Rorie, you're right! I thought Brad hadn't even started it? Could swear he just mentioned within the last week "I need to get to Horizon" or something? Maybe I misheard haha

For what its worth I enjoyed Horizon. Coming back to it after BotW was rough, it ruined the open world/exploring aspect of it for me. Combat was fun though, I enjoyed the story. I really liked the setting too.

As of The 1099 podcast, he has played 1 hour of it(the episode dropped close to a month now). Which is not much but the game starts of strong, imo.

As of The 1099 podcast, he has played 1 hour of it(the episode dropped close to a month now). Which is not much but the game starts of strong, imo.

Heh, time flies. Forgot it was on there! Yea I definitely agree, it starts very strong and immediately pulls you in. Looking forward to the DLC!

RyzoInnit

Neo Member
I'm 75% of the way through Horizon, but Rocket League got it's hooks back in me a couple of months ago and I haven't been able to stop. I need to get it finished before the GOTY showdown, seeing as it's the only new game I've bought this year. It would be a crime not to.

oti

Banned
Horizon will make top 10. It might just take the 10th slot, but it'll make it. It's in a similar position to Witcher in that one person's enjoyment will at least get it on there. As for games that will make the list but will probably be lower than most expect, I'd say it'll be PUBG. I think they enjoy the game alot, but I don't think it'll actually take the top spot.

I want to hear the argument for it. I expect it to be "it's a good one of those" but for somne reason this will be in the top 10 and others with the exact same description won't, because that doesn't "fit the spirit" of the GOTY deliberations.

GOTY is objective science is what I'm saying.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I kinda see horizon in that bloodborne position, where there's a person who likes it but not really that strongly (last i heard from jeff was saying that it's good but not really feeling that strongly about it anymore) and then the rest are kinda just meh on it or haven't finished it.

Hindl

I dunno, the past two years the GOTY has been the game they've been able to make into a recurring series. And they're still talking about PUBG pretty much every week, whereas Hitman and Mario Maker got talked about for a few weeks after their respective releases

Antiwhippy

I mean it's true. Anybody's goty can be literally anything. Nothing wrong with that.

What we care about though is giantbomb's goty. Fuck everybody else.

TheChits

I hope most of them get a chance to play Pyre. That game really is phenomenal and the music is probably Supergiant's best effort yet

DIpaxy5VwAAwYEn.jpg

Congrats PS4?

Gurrry

Absolver looks really bad ass, but im still a little confused.

Are the enemies you fight other players? Are there bosses? Are there weapons?

Everytime I watch this game I feel I come away more confused than I did before.

kadotsu

Banned
GotY discussions this year don't interest me that much because there was so much goodness for almost every genre this year. There could be top tens that don't have any of my 2017 favorites on and I would be fine with it. I'm way more invested in years when there are 3-5 standout titles that need to get their due in a sea of mediocrity.

BTA

I hope most of them get a chance to play Pyre. That game really is phenomenal and the music is probably Supergiant's best effort yet

Pyre is in this weird place where if I get to certain games this year it might not be the thing I think of the fondest from this year, but it is definitively one of my favorite games ever.

LiK

I enjoyed Pyre but I'm not sure if it's in my top 10 with all these games I played this year. DanganRonpa V3 is another title that will def blow me away.

Antiwhippy

2017 is weird too because there are a couple of games I want to get them on there but they're 2016 releases.

I mean the answer is who the fuck cares it's my personal goty list.

Mr. F

Banned
Oh I figured BITE was dead for sure after Dan's apathy. Kind of a slog to watch when not everyone's on board, anyway

Hasney

So RIP Beast in the East. (Possibly)

Seems like East is doing the QL, Vinny mentioned an "extended" look but I don't think he was sure of himself.

Honestly, with how bullshit some sections of the game are, they should do it but Blue Bombin style because some of those later fights are roughhhhh

daveo42

Banned
2017 is weird too because there are a couple of games I want to get them on there but they're 2016 releases.

I mean the answer is who the fuck cares it's my personal goty list.

There's a 2015 game that should be on the list and a 2016 game too. Same with a 2010 game, but I don't think either will come up on a Best Old Game list unless it's my own.

Speaking of GotY, I wonder if they'll even consider Kentucky Route 0 in 2018 for GotY consideration or pan it because it has slowly been released over the past 5 years.

Top Bottom