• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

oti

Banned
The game I'm looking forward to the most is definitely Mario. Can't wait. Mario games are always special to me, although 3D World was just "good" in my opinion. Not too exciting.

Other than that I can't wait for the Zelda DLC, which will hopefully deliver. A bad DLC could taint the whole game. Which we all know now is objectively the best game of all time.

The other Day 1 purchase for me this year is Cuphead.

Other than that I'll maybe check out Destiny 2 and Assassin's Creed. Too bad Ni no Kuni is 2018, would've been a perfect game for Christmas season. Oh well...

Oh and Stardew Valley Switch. That should be amazing. Have been holding off Stardew all this time for this.

oti

Banned
There's hope:

Brad Shoemaker
Brad Shoemaker @bradshoemaker
Antwort an @Ofmorse
a GameStop on the outskirts of SF claims to have some in, waiting to hear if they can hold one for me…
11:10 nachm. · 31. Aug. 2017

Bradth of the Wild and Mario Bradrids stream would be amazing.

Solo Brad streams are great for how super chill they are. Bradth of the Wild where he plays through the whole game is a great stream idea that needs to happen. Him beating it with an audience might just be enough to make the #1 GOTY talk interesting!

Shenmue 2 ER needs to have Abby on so they can dunk on it even more than the first game.

Here's another idea though (which i'm sure some of you have already floated):

GBeast Life is Strange: Before the Storm playdate

I'm thinking either it's New GBE Vinny/Alex/Dan/Abby

or...

GBE classic Vinny/Alex/Austin

I'm in the camp that thinks this prequel shenanigans didn't need to exist so I'm kinda sorta fine with Dan and Abby being there to also dunk on it/talk all over it.

But I also kinda sorta wanna see the old trio back together for this super special premium stream where they take it mostly seriously and give the story a genuine shot. There only being 3 episodes spaced apart neatly should put the idea within the realm of possibility!!!

Hasney

Shoemaker’s Battlegrounds stream
No switch required

tenor.gif

Catvoca

Banned
I'm really digging the after show for the Bombcast. It's one of my favorite things west coast has done in a while. Jeff really is great at that format (love Jar Time too) and Ben has been really insightful so far too.

Yeah, I dig it too. Another hour of Bombcast is fine by me!

Hasney

I'd like the aftershow better if they didn't have people call in at all. That Call of Duty caller last time was rougghhhhh

Hasney

The video is a little rough as it's Ben on the switcher, but it's good practice for him since he does seem like he wants to learn to do that stuff better.

I am in Germany!

And I need to make a decision on which PS4 I buy and where I buy it. Part of the equation is I have $230 Store Credit at Gamestop.

• PS4 Pro at Gamestop for $399
  • PS4 500GB at Gamestop for $299
  • PS4 1TB at Saturn (with extra controller and Uncharted Lost Legacy) for $299. Would involve a drive to 40 minute drive to Munich because they are largely sold out already.

Also worth noting I don't have a 4K TV and won't for a long, long time if I get one.

I guess the real question is: assuming that I can't secure that crazy Saturn deal is it worth spending the extra $100 for the bigger hard drive and the Pro without a 4K TV?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I am playing on a 24 inch 1080p monitor and so far most of my games aren't pro enchanced. Pretty much only nioh and the last guardian.

I got a ps4 pro.

Get a ps4 pro.

I felt like watching an old QL earlier, but can't seem to dig up the name of the particular game. I know it was heavily featured in a Best Of... at the time, but there are a million of those now.

It was a horror game where you're a woman with a daughter and you can switch control between the two. There's also a creepy old man who's with you after surviving some sort of catastrophe. I think they're walking around a subway or a lab and Jeff makes funny dialogue for the creepy old man throughout the QL.

Help me out, please.

Antiwhippy

I felt like watching an old QL earlier, but can't seem to dig up the name of the particular game. I know it was heavily featured in a Best Of... at the time, but there are a million of those now.

It was a horror game where you're a woman with a daughter and you can switch control between the two. There's also a creepy old man who's with you after surviving some sort of catastrophe. I think they're walking around a subway or a lab and Jeff makes funny dialogue for the creepy old man throughout the QL.

Help me out, please.

Amy.

oti

Banned
I am in Germany!

And I need to make a decision on which PS4 I buy and where I buy it. Part of the equation is I have $230 Store Credit at Gamestop.

• PS4 Pro at Gamestop for $399
  • PS4 500GB at Gamestop for $299
  • PS4 1TB at Saturn (with extra controller and Uncharted Lost Legacy) for $299. Would involve a drive to 40 minute drive to Munich because they are largely sold out already.

Also worth noting I don't have a 4K TV and won't for a long, long time if I get one.

I guess the real question is: assuming that I can't secure that crazy Saturn deal is it worth spending the extra $100 for the bigger hard drive and the Pro without a 4K TV?

You're in Deutschland now. Forget that toilet paper money. You Euros now.

Antiwhippy

You're totally right. I just need to figure out how type it.

What part of the Pro makes it worth it for you?

Makes me feel good.

On a more serious note there are some performance increases that makes it worth it to me, and i feel better about future proofing in a way.

oti

Banned
I could get an early copy of Destiny 2 tomorrow, hmm.
Wonder if the online works already and stuff.
Weren't the servers in Destiny 1 offline until midnight?

I now realise everyone will have a Destiny 2 live stream thingy.
Makes me feel good.

On a more serious note there are some performance increases that makes it with it to me, and i feel better about future proofing in a way.
Since I expect this gen to last three more years tops (my bet is PS5 in 2019 or 2018 even), I'll just skip the Pro.

Antiwhippy

But see to use iPhone analogies, if things pan out the way I think and the PS5 is justa PS4 Pro Pro it just means that I'm on the S cycle.

Top Bottom