• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Hasney

"I've already thought that it would be hilarious that once I move away from game journalism stuff, I'm going to be elected the mayor of a town. I don't know where it's going to be, but I know I can do it"

Take a wild guess who said that!

"I've already thought that it would be hilarious that once I move away from game journalism stuff, I'm going to be elected the mayor of a town. I don't know where it's going to be, but I know I can do it"

Take a wild guess who said that!

"Did you ever hear of Danville Ranch? I got married in the first year there AND got that cave blockage open! What about when Tom Nook upgraded my house twice in one year because I was doing so well? I'm the best damn mayor ever!"

Ashby

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIB BRADTH OF THE WILD༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

daveo42

Banned
Had no clue there was that hot fire exception on that iam8bit Street Fighter cart, as in it can set your SNES on fire. Sounds like another reason on the pile of avoiding buying anything from iam8bit.

I managed to get the 1TB Slim with 2 controllers and Uncharted for €295 in Augsburg. Had to do it at that deal. I could have used the Pro for a couple of enhancements like TLG but oh well. Now I've got all that store credit for game purchases for the rest of the year.

Everybody's Golf here I come!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I managed to get the 1TB Slim with 2 controllers and Uncharted for €295 in Augsburg. Had to do it at that deal. I could have used the Pro for a couple of enhancements like TLG but oh well. Now I've got all that store credit for game purchases for the rest of the year.

Wait, how did you play 0 if you're only getting a PS4 now?

Hasney

30fps Everbody's Golf while I'm here enjoying it in 60. I'm blown away like these dudes.

guywvvoz27jz.jpg

Wait, how did you play 0 if you're only getting a PS4 now?

Man, it's great to have Bak back on the Beastcast. I was dying at Ramsbottom and the Beatles impressions. Solid fucking Beastcast.

I might need to send a postcard eventually.

Ashby

Guys should I "calibrate" my tv? I remember from the Tested days Norm got a new tv and he played a blu-ray on it for like 20 hours??? That's all I know about tv calibration.

daveo42

Banned
I can see why people fall off of Nier (original) during Route B. Automata does the same concept infinitely better, even though a few things here and there have been interesting.
It's more annoying that I have to do all these fights over again, especially since it's more just doing the actions to open them up because the fights are now stupid easy.

Guys should I "calibrate" my tv? I remember from the Tested days Norm got a new tv and he played a blu-ray on it for like 20 hours??? That's all I know about tv calibration.

Find some recommended settings either from rtings.com or another site unless you have a decent understanding of what to update when looking at a configuration dvd. You can find a guide here, but it's also a few years old and there might be better tools out there for 4k sets.

Finally got to the drew vid.

He kinda needs to works on his presentation tone but it's pretty good!

eat bananas and everything will be ok
Will they stream the PAX panel?

No. It won't be livestreamed BUT it will be recorded.

Well, calibration is more like achieving the closest picture quality you could to what the let's say directors or developers intended. Cinema/Movie mode is usually the best mode to start on because out of the box it's already somewhat calibrated to what the standard is but you could improve on that and if you had these thousands of dollars in equipment, you could push your TV to perfection.

Here's a good place to start(for most people who can't afford the equipment). It'll give you a good idea on the whole thing and it should work on 4K TVs. Now if we're talking about HDR/Dolby Vision then it is still too early to make a statement on as everyone is still experimenting and trying out shit with it so there is no standard to speak of when it comes to HDR/Dolby Vision except that the colors shouldn't be overblown or over saturated. It's definitely a fascinating world to dive into. I've also read that if you live in America(don't know about anywhere else), you could hire professionals to do that for you with their stupid expensive equipment.

Drek

Does anyone recall the name of the hacking game Ben was playing a few weeks ago? It had a virtual desktop interface from the sounds of it. I've been going back through old episodes trying to find a name but without success.

LiK

He was defending the whole SNES Classic preorder shitshow

OMG, listening to Dan be devil's advocate for this was annoying. But I'm glad Vinny pointed out the absurdity with examples that Dan finally understood how stupid it is.

Ashby

It's not that hard to defend the SNES Classic imo. It's their product, they get to decide whether they either want to produce enough to meet demand and take that money or choose to make sure there's a frenzy around it by under producing and getting the marketing push off of that for their brand. I don't get what would be a reasonable counter-argument to that. Companies have a responsibility to meet demand? That's silly.

LiK

Jeff will singlehandedly get Horizon on the list. If he can do it with Syndicate, he can do it with Horizon. Hoping the other guys will finish it so they will fight for it.

The game I'm looking forward to the most is definitely Mario. Can't wait. Mario games are always special to me, although 3D World was just "good" in my opinion. Not too exciting.

Other than that I can't wait for the Zelda DLC, which will hopefully deliver. A bad DLC could taint the whole game. Which we all know now is objectively the best game of all time.

The other Day 1 purchase for me this year is Cuphead.

Other than that I'll maybe check out Destiny 2 and Assassin's Creed. Too bad Ni no Kuni is 2018, would've been a perfect game for Christmas season. Oh well...

Oh and Stardew Valley Switch. That should be amazing. Have been holding off Stardew all this time for this.

Stardew is a great game, highly recommend it if youre even remotely into that style of game!

Jeff will singlehandedly get Horizon on the list. If he can do it with Syndicate, he can do it with Horizon. Hoping the other guys will finish it so they will fight for it.

Maybe in like a 10 spot but I feel like if no one else supports him there are too many other good games that they will push for instead. Definitely gonna be an interesting GOTY!

Get ready to then... doesn't seem like anyone else has finished it (or really even thought it was anything above average) besides Jeff? Still time though, Maybe the others will get to it.

Rorie absolutely loves it but he still hasn't finished it yet. Brad seems to love/enjoy it as well but he too still has to finish it.

Mr. F

Banned
That teenage love story was the best thing about it. Other than that, in the garbage bin it goes.

Friend, if you can't appreciate the novelty of combing through the dredges and finding bad but earnestly written/illustrated Mario fiction I can't help ya.

Congrats! There has never been a better time to buy a PS4.

Top Bottom