• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Salarians

another thing to consider re: buying a Switch now; it's somewhat easier to find at the moment than it has been, and that's probably going to change in a few weeks when holiday shopping begins

that's probably going to change in a few weeks when holiday shopping begins

ZALzyjz.jpg

oti

Banned
Brad forgets to tackle enemies directly. I forget that all the time.

I do find it odd that there's no undo button in this game.

kiguel182

Horizon, and Aloy in particular, is what happens when a bunch of dudes want to write a Strong Female Protagonist ie. Mary Sue with no personality other than Strong, no flaws, and certainly no interest in sex, lord no. Make it as safe as humanly possible.

This mirrors my thoughts. She was so bland and awesome at everything and ugh, hated her.

oti

Banned
This is why Brad is going to love this game. Once all the mechanics click he'll pull off insane combos. He loves mechanics working in the background.

Yarn Yoshi is the only amiibo worth having.

Pixel Mario though.

There was an amiibo sale and I bought some of them. Two Yarn Yoshi, Peach and some Pokémon for my god daughter and her brother. Ryu, Wario, Odyssey Mario and ROB for me???

Megasoum

Banned
Wait... I kept hearing about the giant excessive heat wave going through SF right now but me being a non American, hearing "93F" meant nothing to me so I did the conversion...

93F is 33C... That's a massive heat wave? Wtf

Even for Canada it's not that hot

kingocfs

Wait... I kept hearing about the giant excessive heat wave going through SF right now but me being a non American, hearing "93F" meant nothing to me so I did the conversion...

I think the average temp there is in the 60s.

Jintor

Wonder if it's a humidity thing

Megasoum

Banned
I mean... Don't get me wrong when it gets to 33C in my appartment but that's still fairly common for my place (especially with the amount of Electronic I have running lol)

Hindl

Thanks

Are there options to ramp up the difficulty?
No, opposite actually there's an easy mode. But the game does crank up the difficulty in World 2, I can only imagine it gets harder after that. Jeff kinda described it right when he said this game is more almost like a puzzle game than tactics, where you gotta figure out the right combo of moves and less about dice rolling. People who like all the macro level planning of XCom will probably be a little disappointed
You spec up Rabbid Luigi right, you NEVER forget about tackling. His tackling tech is insanely useful.
Yeah I love putting Mario and Luigi into their Overwatch x2, then sliding with rabbid luigi, which launches and causes the two mario bros to use their overwatch, all while rabbid luigi's tech triggers

oti

Banned
"I don't know how to bring people back to life yet."

You're already Mario Time, Brad.
You're already Mario Time.

Just restart, Brad. No one cares lol

No, opposite actually there's an easy mode. But the game does crank up the difficulty in World 2, I can only imagine it gets harder after that. Jeff kinda described it right when he said this game is more almost like a puzzle game than tactics, where you gotta figure out the right combo of moves and less about dice rolling. People who like all the macro level planning of XCom will probably be a little disappointed

Yeah I love putting Mario and Luigi into their Overwatch x2, then sliding with rabbid luigi, which launches and causes the two mario bros to use their overwatch, all while rabbid luigi's tech triggers

Thanks!

Top Bottom