• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

TraBuch

Banned
It totally works for games like Mega Man or old Castlevania where the goal is very clear and frequent deaths can cause sections to be repeated over and over.

For Kingdom Hearts, not so much.
It leads me to believe that they've just run out of ideas in a medium that should have infinite ideas.

"Hey, I've got an idea for a feature. Let's play a game, but instead of actually paying attention and talking about what we're playing, we'll talk about random things!"

If they're playing a game that requires a lot of replays which leads to them talking about random things to keep interest, it's probably not a good game to stream.

daveo42

Banned
Finally finished Nier (2010) and I must say the story was good. Not as good as Automata, but still pretty good. I'd say the worst part of it tho is how to get the endings. I can see why people gave up on their way to or right after getting Ending B, even if getting C and D only take a few hours total if you're smart about it.

Watching Brad's stream from Friday, Mario x Rabbids looks amazing. I really need to get a Switch at some point.

Harpuia

Wow.

Destiny somehow manages to be more obnoxious than Borderlands?

And this is coming from someone who liked borderlands.

I think they're trying really Really hard to make a world out of Destiny. So because their writers can't seem to figure out how to make this big beautiful world out of all their ideas and concepts, or deliver it well through this loot game that wants to be the only game you play all year, went the adventurous, quippy and quirky route.

At least that's the premise I got from what I've played and seen. There's crazy people who read like, the website or whenever they snuck away the meat of the story via log entries, who will tell me the world and story is cool.

You walk into gamestop and see posters like "woah get your Caden figure today!!!" leaving me with the thought of who the hell is caden.

this sounds angrier than it should be honestly in retrospect. :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Finally finished Nier (2010) and I must say the story was good. Not as good as Automata, but still pretty good. I'd say the worst part of it tho is how to get the endings. I can see why people gave up on their way to or right after getting Ending B, even if getting C and D only take a few hours total if you're smart about it.

Watching Brad's stream from Friday, Mario x Rabbids looks amazing. I really need to get a Switch at some point.

Automata is probably the most lenient Taro game when it comes to getting through the true end lol. You should see what you had to do to reach the true end of Drakengard.

I think they're trying really Really hard to make a world out of Destiny. So because their writers can't seem to figure out how to make this big beautiful world out of all their ideas and concepts, or deliver it well through this loot game that wants to be the only game you play all year, went the adventurous, quippy and quirky route.

So they just made it disney?

daveo42

Banned
Automata is probably the most lenient Taro game when it comes to getting through the true end lol. You should see what you had to do to reach the true end of Drakengard.

I read the synopsis of it once. All the story beats and what you had to do to reach the true end. There's a reason why next to no one ever reached the true end in Drakenguard 1, even if it was the basis for Nier.
Didn't you have to beat the entire think like 5 times to get all the endings?

Antiwhippy

I read the synopsis of it once. All the story beats and what you had to do to reach the true end. There's a reason why next to no one ever reached the true end in Drakenguard 1, even if it was the basis for Nier.

It's pretty rad though.

Actually one of those games where you can go "This game actively hates you, that's the point" and not sound entirely like the most obnoxious douche.

Are you guys actually watching Kingdom Heartache, they've been engaged with the game the whole time this episode

Haven't watched it yet.

Had to get my mind calmed down after going through Subahibi.

Harpuia

Hey while we're talking about nier, one thing I'd like clarified is
Was Yorha something established amongst the androids left over after Gestalt/Replicant projects?
Or was it something the machines ended up creating after the aliens that left them on the planet died. Might've gotten the details a little confused since ending C features the tower shooting into space something. Which I took to be another bunker had not 9s ruined it.

Ashby

Was Yorha something established amongst the androids left over after Gestalt/Replicant projects?
Or was it something the machines ended up creating after the aliens that left them on the planet died. Might've gotten the details a little confused since ending C features the tower shooting into space something. Which I took to be another bunker had not 9s ruined it.

YoRHa was created by androids to give meaning to their population after word got out that humanity had gone extinct

Antiwhippy

It was created by the androids. A specific android actually. I dunno if it's part of the gestalt/replicant thing though. I kinda just assumed that there were androids as part of normal society not specific to the project.

The thing shooting into space was just the machines going "soooo after studying humanity and running these darwinian experiments on the off-shoot robotic societies & the androids, lololol fuck humanity and this endless, meaningless war WE OUT" and peacing out into space forever, or at least until they somehow landed on another planet to start a new machine society freed from the shackles of humanity.

Are you guys actually watching Kingdom Heartache, they've been engaged with the game the whole time this episode

Yeah. The Jeff and Rorie episodes are the only ones where they were not fully engaged with the game itself, the Jeff episode even less so because half of it was wandering around the lame ass island.

Catvoca

Banned
xVIKvgs.jpg

Antiwhippy

So now I actually can't tell if people were actually serious when they said that they aren't engaged or if it's just people assuming the worst.

Of course I'll just watch the episode to find out but it's late so I'll save it for tomorrow.

Harpuia

After listening to the full body of music from nier, I'm actually torn on this vs. Persona 5 for soundtrack/music of the year.

I've had the nier automata concert video from YouTube on loop at work. The Spanish guitars in that one for the Ancient Song are Really good.

Antiwhippy

I like the P5 soundtack a lot, I just kinda wish it had more vocal arrangements. Like, the vocal stuff is way too scarce for my liking.

daveo42

Banned
Brad really really sucks at Sonic.

After listening to the full body of music from nier, I'm actually torn on this vs. Persona 5 for soundtrack/music of the year.

I've had the nier automata concert video from YouTube on loop at work. The Spanish guitars in that one for the Ancient Song are Really good.

I think Nier has an overall better score while Persona has a few transcendent tracks. I think Nier might take it just because it also has several of them.

Edit: that has to be someone else...i mean, the solution seems obvious to me.

BTA

sausage mcmuffin with egg

get like 5 of those

I got the meal and it was good, thanks.

anyway I'm gonna go sleep for like 4 hours

hopefully the Rumble goes just as chaotically as it needs to and the new folks I'm excited for get some time to do some nonsense

Will M

I really don't understand the Kingdom Heartache feature. Meanwhile over in GBEAST they've taken two games I don't really care for, Sunshine and XCOM, and managed to make a feature I look forward to each week.

Antiwhippy

Antiwhippy

I really like the style of cuphead.

But I dunno how much I can actually stand to play a sidescrolling shooter platformer. It's not really my favourite genre.

Guess I'll wait for the reviews.

Strax

I saw a company here in Iceland looking for people in lumber sales (among other things) and the company is named

Vinco

Wunder

I just clicked at three random spots in the first ten minutes of the video and the player died within two seconds of each one.

I'm shocked and offended that the "run into your enemies with reckless abandon" strategy is nonviable in Cuphead.

I clicked at three different spots in the video and he was at the EXACT same spot in the forest level and died all three times

So far Nier has a lot of tracks that are jaw-dropping in the moment but there are only a handful that I would listen to outside of the game and the context they appear in. With Persona 5 I bought the soundtrack as soon as I finished the game and still listen to it frequently on the train or wherever. I think it'll definitely end up being the more memorable OST for me in the long-run.

Both are god tier though.

I love that the guy playing posted in the comments like "hey this game is hard", continuing to self-own. My dude when you can't even complete a basic tutorial that tells you what to do without difficulty...

Top Bottom