• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

BTA

Greg Miller and anything involving the fog machine are the worst parts of the wrestling tbh. The reason I enjoy it so much is all the goofy characters and Pat reacting to them, not him screaming.

Anyway, I'm half awake and it's 10:30 AM and I'm in a train station. What do I get from McDonald's for breakfast? I know people had recs a little while back.

Wunder

Greg Miller and anything involving the fog machine are the worst parts of the wrestling tbh. The reason I enjoy it so much is all the goofy characters and Pat reacting to them, not him screaming.

Anyway, I'm half awake and it's 10:30 AM and I'm in a train station. What do I get from McDonald's for breakfast? I know people had recs a little while back.

sausage mcmuffin with egg

get like 5 of those

So I take it that kingdom heartache was good or bad today?

Good if you come for pairings, bad if you come for gameplay.
Yeah he has good chemistry with Ben. I'm assuming it's David based on what Jeff said in the Coke video. Not a lot to go on really, Ben should have introduced him.

Yeah, I know but still an introduction would have been better. I don't want to assume but for now I guess we'll say "David?".

The GB business duder

So that coke video was really The David? Huh. Jeff made it sound when he mentioned him officially like a year ago that he was off camera so they could be on-camera, but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures! :p
Peter Brown next

Kingdom Heartache might be the worst feature they've ever done, right next to that Professional Wednesday thing with the Gamespot people they did once.

Cringe comedy isn't usually my forte either but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh c'mon.

Kingdom Heartache would be much better if it was just Ben and Brad instead of having a new guest everytime, and if they took the feature seriously.

As it is now, they might as well just fucking cancel it. It's really infuriating because it could be not just a good feature, but a great one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I imagine if you enjoy Ben's attempts at humor you'll enjoy it, just like any other episode

Thing is it has its ups and downs. Some episodes are funny and others fall flat.

Kingdom Heartache would be much better if it was just Ben and Brad instead of having a new guest everytime, and if they took the feature seriously.

As it is now, they might as well just fucking cancel it. It's really infuriating because it could be not just a good feature, but a great one.

As compared to just straight playing through kingdom hearts?

Kingdom Heartache might be the worst feature they've ever done, right next to that Professional Wednesday thing with the Gamespot people they did once.

Wow, was that only once? That whole thing was so bizarre I almost want to go rewatch it as some kind of historical point of fact.

kingocfs

I can't think of a worse idea than watching someone play through this POS game "seriously."

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
playing kingdom hearts seriously? bleh, talk about a snoozefest. at least this is interesting.

As compared to just straight playing through kingdom hearts?

I can't think of a worse idea than watching someone play through this POS game "seriously."

I want something like Metal Gear Scanlon. They play through the game seriously, but they don't shy away from making jokes and poking at the silly stuff.

That's not what we have right now. Ben and co might as well have a fucking tattoo on their forehead saying "we don't want to be here right now".

I want something like Metal Gear Scanlon. They play through the game seriously, but they don't shy away from making jokes and poking at the silly stuff.

That's not what we have right now. Ben and co might as well have a fucking tattoo on their forehead saying "we don't want to be here right now".

MGS is actually a good game though.

Catvoca

Banned
playing kingdom hearts seriously? bleh, talk about a snoozefest. at least this is interesting.

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother watching a feature that was them playing the game seriously. Heartache is meh but at least I can dip in and out of it and watch the episodes with good guests.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
having to suffer through the tediousness of Kingdom Hearts is alleviated because it's being played so casually. The only thing truly tedious about the MGS series is it's overly long cut-scenes, but even then the majority are at least fun.

What I am saying is it's just not fun watching two people play something they don't want to play. It doesn't matter if the game is good or not, as long as the people involved want to be there. The Deadly Premonition ER was great to watch despite the game being bad, because everyone involved wanted to be there.

Ben doesn't want to play Kingdom Hearts and his guests don't want to be there. That's bad content.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What I am saying is it's just not fun watching two people play something they don't want to play. It doesn't matter if the game is good or not, as long as the people involved want to be there. The Deadly Premonition ER was great to watch despite the game being bad, because everyone involved wanted to be there.

Ben doesn't want to play Kingdom Hearts and his guests don't want to be there. That's bad content.

To be fair like the actual people playing shemnue didn't really want to be there either.

hamchan

It doesn't need to be a serious playthrough. It can be one where they just poo poo it all game long. It'll be great to have at a minimum both Ben and guest actually paying attention to the game.

Phu

Banned

I disagree.

oti

Banned
Five episodes in it's pretty clear to me this is a bad feature. And I actually like Kingdom Hearts.

The running gag is bad, Ben's stick is bad, changing guests for Kingdom Hearts is bad, Ben plays badly so there's no flow, playing it for just 1h per episode is bad (because that means we'll be here forever).

Should they just play Kingdom Hearts seriously? If Jason was playing with Ben just like Dan and Drew for MGS, then maybe. Otherwise, oh god no. But the things Ben came up with to make it more interesting are all bad. I don't find it entertaining. Which is also Kingdom Heart's fault, don't get me wrong. But playing it under these circumstances is a terrible idea. And let's not pretend like they actually want to play this game. They don't seem to have fun either.

Too bad. It's better than not having anything to watch on Sunday though, I suppose.

TraBuch

Banned
Honestly, I'm not a fan of this recent trend of having a feature where they have a game playing, but it might as well just be background noise.

Just make another podcast.

hamchan

Honestly, I'm not a fan of this recent trend of having a feature where they have a game playing, but it might as well just be background noise.

Just make another podcast.

It totally works for games like Mega Man or old Castlevania where the goal is very clear and frequent deaths can cause sections to be repeated over and over.

For Kingdom Hearts, not so much.

tesqui

I'd watch them do a feature as simple as playing through there favorite video games. Or a popular video game that they missed out on. (Like MGScanlon)

Harpuia

Instead they went the self-aware quippy route and now everything is Nathan Fillion. The first game was dry as a desert but they course-corrected in TTK and now it's just obnoxious

If they had just made a less obnoxious Borderlands maaayyyybe I would've liked it. Maybe.

I like both, but only one contains N64 wrestling, so I'm going with that one.

We are clearly cut from different cloths if I would rather choose kingdom hearts over n64 wrestling.

Top Bottom