• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I love that the guy playing posted in the comments like "hey this game is hard", continuing to self-own. My dude when you can't even complete a basic tutorial that tells you what to do without difficulty...

To be fair the tutorial didn't tell him to stand on the slightly elevated platform so that he can jump onto that platform he spent 2 minutes trying to reach.

Phu

Banned
i want to die
R7vGJd.gif

My favorite thing about this is that it doesn't even lean on any funky video game logic, the solution relies on just normal-ass real-world logic.

To be fair the tutorial didn't tell him to stand on the slightly elevated platform so that he can jump onto that platform he spent 2 minutes trying to reach.

to be fair... no

you have a tendency to equivocate or play devil's advocate for pretty much anything btw, are you aware of that?

also I just checked out Brad playing Sonic Mania and yeah, lol. Game critics are brad at games.

Playing Yakuza Kiwami
Half of the time Majima Everywhere is kind of amusing and fun
The other half is like, I just wanted to eat a goddamn Smile Burger or continue the story

Harpuia

I was talking about this earlier. The example we used was Wario Land 4. The tutorial level in that game is fantastic. They super impose glyphs of what the character should be doing in the background, and also show button prompts. The cuphead tutorial would benefit from showing the actions instead of describing what to do.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Pax Wrasslers

Aaron Linde (Arena Net)
Abby Russell (Giant Bomb)
Alexa Ray Corriea (FANDOM/WhatsGoodGames)
Andi “Big Poppa Punk” Claire (Video Game Choo Choo)
”The Gentleman” Anthony Carboni (We Have Concerns)
Ben Pack (Giant Bomb)
Detective Benjamin Princess (28 Plays Later)
D-Leazy (Professional Villain)
Dr. Tracksuit (He’s a Doctor)
”Johnny Cashanova” John Drake (LOH Owner)
Kate Stark (Kate Stark)
Matt Conn (MidBoss)
Mega Ran (Most Huggable Rapper)
Sean Baptiste (Adult Swim Games)
Suda51 (Grasshopper Manufacture)
SWERY (White Owls)
Teddy Dief (Square Enix)

giphy.gif

once again, D-Leazy will steal the show
since he's the only ones with charisma.

Joeku

To Jon Oliver's credit, he would take the jokes about the show's writing and presentation style in stride. The show's team takes shots well, either earned (like the asides) or unearned, like:

And to the show's credit, since the new season started I don't think there's been any "yelling at imaginary children" bits
but I could be wrong
so they heard that feedback.

In other news, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is the Bioshock 2 of this series. Entirely unnecessary and way better than it has any right to be. Teenagers are stupid assholes and it's so good.

In other news, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is the Bioshock 2 of this series. Entirely unnecessary and way better than it has any right to be. Teenagers are stupid assholes and it's so good.

Torn between getting this and not getting it because I want to support the SAG-AFTRA strike. I love capitalism.
/s

Joeku

Torn between getting this and not getting it because I want to support the SAG-AFTRA strike. I love capitalism.
/s

Follow is Ashley Burch's footsteps and support the game anyway, I guess. I got used to most of the voices. David is fucking weird but his actor wasn't great the first time around anyway.

But yeah, if Squeenix was less shitty they would have just delayed it until the got the cast back.

J_Viper

To be fair I also apparently have the knack of having my sarcasm go undetected.

Don't bring Knack into this

He didn't go anything wrong

I've kind of soured on him. If I watch full episodes I get burnt out pretty quick, his formula is boring and he has that annoying Fallon/Cheshire Cat tendency of grinning through a lot of his delivery in a way that's irritating.
He's a sharp dude but I agree. The humor is Borderlands-tier at this point.

Top Bottom