• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I still got half of the 1099 Bradcast to listen to.Yesterday's Murder Island. The Waypoint podcast where they talk about the Nick Robinson stuff. Today's bombcast. The new Mr. Plinkett review. I work ten hours a day, somebody turn off the content hose!

I watched the entire 8/7/17 Murder Island stream while walking on a treadmill. Turning content into health will get me yoked

imBask

Banned
I'm Abbys age and I can say I played most of the demos they played on dmeo derby

edit: Actually Im 2 years older

eeeeh depends on how you grew up too

you can't really blame people for not playing video games before being 10-12, parents kinda decide what you're into before that.

GV3GOj7.jpg

Phatmac

I think I'm leaning towards Alex these days of trying to play everything. I play more Japanese than the whole staff so maybe Jason?

robotrock

Banned
I think I'm leaning towards Alex these days of trying to play everything. I play more Japanese than the whole staff so maybe Jason?
I feel like Alex has the most diverse set of interests when it comes to the video games on staff. You can tell because at the end of the year he'll have a lot of games that only he can speak for.

I think my tastes line up closest to his, as in I liked Jazzpunk and Thumper a whole lot too!

Stoze

So what GB person do you feel like your game tastes most align with?

For me, it's Vinny. Sometimes I get trapped in a similar 'collectathon' mode, I too think ME2 is one of the best games of all-time, and I usually tend to be on his side of things come GOTY.
Out of the current lineup, probably Alex, with a touch of Brad. Barely though, I don't think my tastes really come close to any of them.

Then again I'll have to see what Ben and Abby root for during GoTY stuff to get a pulse on them.

daveo42

Banned
I'm not even that old, but all this talk of being close to Abby's age makes me feel old.

TIL what Agents of Mayhem is. Why do they bother?

I remember seeing it earlier this year and wondering why it existed in the first place and who in their right might would love that brand of humor. The whole game is off-putting to me.

Phatmac

Hellblade looked kinda boring tbh. I was hoping it'd be a decent combat game. It looks interesting so I'll buy it on sale.

Mupod

For me, it's Vinny. Sometimes I get trapped in a similar 'collectathon' mode, I too think ME2 is one of the best games of all-time, and I usually tend to be on his side of things come GOTY.

for modern games somewhere between Alex and Jason. Except I'm actually good at monster hunter.

for everything on the neogeo and genesis I'm so similar to Jeff it's eerie. I freaked out a bit when he pulled out Money Puzzle Exchanger on that one neogeo stream.

Probably furthest from Vinny overall even if I really liked ME2. I have zero patience for open world checklist games now.

Phatmac

I feel like Alex has the most diverse set of interests when it comes to the video games on staff. You can tell because at the end of the year he'll have a lot of games that only he can speak for.

I think my tastes line up closest to his, as in I liked Jazzpunk and Thumper a whole lot too!
Yeah, Alex has done well in that regard this year. It's kind of crazy that he was able to beat Personsa 5.

oti

Banned
Time to have the Bombcast on TV while getting angry at Splatoon Ranked teammates.

Just realised I skipped last week's Bombcast and have yet to listen to the Beastcast.

patapuf

Probably a combination of vinny/brad? Though tbh. None of them.

My favorite genre's are strategy games, niche RPG' and competitive PC Multiplayer stuff. I like a lot of other stuff too but that's what i play most.

I feel like the answer for me would be Alex if only because he sells me on games well that I might otherwise have overlooked if that makes sense. Plus he seems to tackle the more 'niche' (I.e. Japanese) stuff that some of the other crew might not otherwise.

There was a person in this thread a while ago who wanted to know if premium was worth it who I think went on to get premium for 1 month. I wonder what they thought about that choice.

Teddified

soon Giant Bomb will have loot boxes to customize the website, they'll hide the black version of the site behind loot boxes and keys.

Top Bottom