• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

So what GB person do you feel like your game tastes most align with?

For me, it's Vinny. Sometimes I get trapped in a similar 'collectathon' mode, I too think ME2 is one of the best games of all-time, and I usually tend to be on his side of things come GOTY.

There's an interesting history of games lying to players. Strategy games do it a lot, e.g. in Civ 4, I think it is, the AI actually doesn't suffer from fog of war--their individual units always have visibility of their full movement range when deciding where to go. And in XCOM 2, the aim percentages displayed to the player are all lies (except in the highest difficulty, again IIRC) in that they are actually higher than shown; there's a pity bonus added for every miss. Another one jumping out at me, though not a strategy game--Resident Evil 4 has an adaptive difficulty mechanic, where it gets easier or harder based on how you perform. I believe all were mentioned in interviews or postmortems somewhere.

It's a design decision to make the game more playable somehow.

Modern Fire Emblem games (except Echoes) also lie about hit percentages.

imBask

Banned

For me, it's Vinny. Sometimes I get trapped in a similar 'collectathon' mode, I too think ME2 is one of the best games of all-time, and I usually tend to be on his side of things come GOTY.

Alex because I love saint vitus and hate everything else

Vinny

He's the only one with good taste and finished The Witcher 3

Probably Brad? I don't like RTS/DOTA much but I think we have similar sensibilities in a lot of other areas, aside from his "is Mario Maker a game?" nonsense.

Brothers wasn't that good though

Oakinn

I like shooting things so I'll say Jeff. But there are times where I'm so against his view on a certain game it's frustrating.

BTA

Of all staff ever? Austin with a little bit of Patrick.

Of current staff? A combination of Vinny and Alex; I'm way too completionist/collectathon-minded, but my taste in games reflects Alex's a bit more.

TraBuch

Banned

Whichever one of them is hyped for .hack HD and literally shouted in joy when he or she learned that a brand new volume 4 would be included with the trilogy.

Hindl

I have an undying love for Zelda and Mario, so probably Dan.

Shit probably me too.

I guess Dan, with Jeff's attitude toward hating games that keep me from getting to the action and desire to see the numbers go up, and Brad's Dota obsession

daveo42

Banned

Probably a mix of Vinny and Alex at this point.

BTA

Dan is the biggest power consumer.

Thanks for the heads up. That bit about side quests sounds depressingly bad. I enjoyed most of the side stuff in Automata.

For what it's worth, I've been playing it in bursts over the past few months (and have not played Automata) and the side quests have been totally fine to good. I only have a few left after getting ending B last time I played, and they are a little tedious looking, but I've decided to Plat it so I'm going to be dealing with a lot of farming while listening to podcasts anyway. So that's not a big deal. Just do the ones that appeal to you and you'll probably not have an issue.

BTA

You monologue about unrelated things for an hour AND you talk over everyone else?

Is there a reason you decided to turn me talking about my game tastes aligning with theirs into a completely unnecessary (and incorrect) insult, or was it just to be shitty?

More me its Vinny with a mix of Dan. I love Adventure games.

Story is king for me in games, but most of Dan's favourite games I also love.

TraBuch

Banned
so no one.
Well shit. Uh...Whichever one of them played Trails of Cold Steel and was fucking blown away by the ending and waited impatiently for part 2 and preordered it on Amazon but was so impatient because it wouldn't get to his or her house until around six that he or she drove for an hour until he or she could find a store that was carrying the game and then went home and played it for eight straight hours and then finally went to sleep only to wake up an hour later because he or she really fucking wanted to play more Trails of Cold Steel 2 so he or she called into work and said he or she was sick and then went to the living room and proceeded to play the game for another ten hours straight?

Which one of them did that? My tastes are like that person's.

peaceland

Banned

A mix of Dan and Alex.

I like JRPGs so nobody really but for the most part Dan because of Metal Gear and my sadistic love of Mario Party with friends.

*Tried to post the 'who do you align with more' question as a fun diversion from weird east vs west duder judgements*

*it just led to different duder judgements*

Ashby

I still got half of the 1099 Bradcast to listen to.Yesterday's Murder Island. The Waypoint podcast where they talk about the Nick Robinson stuff. Today's bombcast. The new Mr. Plinkett review. I work ten hours a day, somebody turn off the content hose!

Top Bottom