• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Bombcast seems to have forgotten that incorporating idle/clicker elements into your game has been the hot trend since, like 2008. Fable II and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood had that shit.

oti

Banned
what is then? unless Mario really destroy everything, the only comptetitor is Zelda and they all went lukewarm on it for some weird reason

Picross 3D Round 2.

I'm glad they realised their mistake last year and are now ready to make up for it.

oti

Banned
We all know it's their goty. There's no denying it at this point. Mario will come close, but PUBG will still be riding high come December.

We all know their opinion is TRASH.

I'm just trying to make this more interesting.

imBask

Banned
The one true wildcard would be the PUBG devs ruining the game before december, now that would spice things up quite a bit

Hindl

The one true wildcard would be the PUBG devs ruining the game before december, now that would spice things up quite a bit
They seem like they know what they're doing though, and if they had any sweeping changes they would've announced at E3. Maybe if they just start tweaking numbers and things go to shit and they don't fix it

I should probably give PUBG a shot

imBask

Banned
They seem like they know what they're doing though, and if they had any sweeping changes they would've announced at E3. Maybe if they just start tweaking numbers and things go to shit and they don't fix it

I should probably give PUBG a shot

for a game of that genre, yes they are doing extremely well! But that genre has a long history of devs breaking under the pressure of horrible communities.

And i'm not saying that because that's what I want, I really really hope they keep doing what they're doing because this is the best "gaming experience" i've had since DayZ and like most DayZ players i've been chasing that dragon for years

TraBuch

Banned
Speaking of pineapples, apparently Hardee's has a chicken sandwich with a piece of pineapple on it. Pizzas, chicken sandwiches, the fuck is next? Pineapple hot dogs?

Hindl

I'm a little behind on the Bombcast, I just finished the part where Jeff was talking about early access. Man I don't know what will even come close to challenging PUBG for GOTY. Maybe Mario, or Zelda if the DLC is really good and can suck them back in. But even then it's still PUBG's to lose

Speaking of pineapples, apparently Hardee's has a chicken sandwich with a piece of pineapple on it. Pizzas, chicken sandwiches, the fuck is next? Pineapple hot dogs?
*Cough*
ba43b651-46f4-4a9e-865a-272402db9b29.jpg

*Cough*

Megasoum

Banned
Haven't listened to the podcast yet but I have to say
.. I always thought that their opinion on Early Access as a whole is a bit weird. Especially when they act like PUBG is the exception.

Don't get me wrong... There is some serious trash on there but there's also plenty of great success on early access. PUBG is not the first game in ea that is treated well by its devs.

patapuf

I don't understand this Prey discussion. The game is not difficult, you can kill everything with your shotgun, which you get in the first hour.

And you can max out most skill trees because you can build infinite skill points. I think Ben missed the stations where you can craft things.

oti

Banned
Haven't listened to the podcast yet but I have to say
.. I always thought that their opinion on Early Access as a whole is a bit weird. Especially when they act like PUBG is the exception.

Don't get me wrong... There is some serious trash on there but there's also plenty of great success on early access. PUBG is not the first game in ea that is treated well by its devs.

I'm sure it's just Jeff's brain that is wired to the database.

I don't understand this Prey discussion. The game is not difficult, you can kill everything with your shotgun, which you get in the first hour.

And you can max out most skill trees because you can build infinite skill points. I think Ben missed the stations where you can craft things.

We all thought Ben was good at games but then he joined Giant Bomb and now he's bad at games

coincidence? I think not!

But yeah Prey is moderately challenging the first few hours but then it kind of becomes a cakewalk on normal difficulty if you're not a total bad person at immersive sims and their blend of stealth/shooting/environmental shenanigans.

Megasoum

Banned
We all thought Ben was good at games but then he joined Giant Bomb and now he's bad at games

coincidence? I think not!

But yeah Prey is moderately challenging the first few hours but then it kind of becomes a cakewalk on normal difficulty if you're not a total bad person at immersive sims and their blend of stealth/shooting/environmental shenanigans.

Yeah, once you start levelling up a bit the game becomes really easy. Still great game though.

Sabas

Banned
PlayDek were okay when they were just converting card games to mobile versions. They went way over their heads with Untold Story. Kotaku's Jason Schreier did a follow-up piece about a week ago.

Matsuno's currently helping out with a FFXIV raid with S-E, and the mobile game Lost Order with Cygames. I'm incredibly doubtful we'll see any of his work with Untold Story at this point.

Top Bottom