• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Which is very understandable. Now I completely get why it's awful to you and I think that's totally fair.

Yes, I wrote a few excerpts in the thread while listening. It was REAL good. Probably my favorite thing is when he said this

Grandiose and wrongheaded interpretations or wild conspiracy theories based on like off hand comments here and there is a whole separate can of worms that I don't know if I want to get into. People read alot of what they want and read into things that are said or not said or you know just goofy glances or whatever, I mean, it's a weird thing. I really don't know how to approach that stuff. People come up with some wild ideas.

Also when he talked about having that sense of wonder in the industry about other people and people watching GB content was really sweet and extremely humble.

Indeed.

Listening to Bombcast and Beastcast in the same day makes me realize they need to do a talent trade or something. You have one show where there's no energy apart from Jeff telling his wacky stories, and you have the other show where nobody stops talking over each other.

West needs something lol

Wunder

Listening to Bombcast and Beastcast in the same day makes me realize they need to do a talent trade or something. You have one show where there's no energy apart from Jeff telling his wacky stories, and you have the other show where nobody stops talking over each other.

West needs something lol

BRAND SPLIT

Hasney

West needs something lol

Dunno, I feel like the Bombcast has improved without Dan. And I don't mean that in a bad way, he just fits in better in the East and made the Beastcast better too.

Ben was a net positive too, but obviously missing Drew.

Ashby

West needs something lol
Yes. Jeff and Brad need to move to New York.

Scizzy

I think I learned more about Brad than any video from this year with that podcast. He's gotta open up like this more often.

If you have any interest in a six year old episode of a defunct podcast about minor league baseball:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=12975

One of the hosts (now a high-powered executive on the Houston Astros!) was a big GB fan and had Brad on for a long segment to talk about GB and video games more broadly. It's actually how I found the site.

patapuf

Guy at work brought me his copy of Nier to play. So I guess I'll be doing that for the foreseeable future. How long is a complete run of the game? I assume it's longer than Automata's run time.

Getting through the main playthroughs (ending a to e) and most sidequests takes about 30 hours.

Hasney

This might be the hottest take this thread will see for a month.

This is coming from a all coasts matter guy

To be clear, I'd prefer it to be separate from the Bombcast but since people are shipping anyway....

Plus, post murder island, Jeff may kill Dan if they're on the same coast.

daveo42

Banned
Getting through the main playthroughs (ending a to e) takes about 30 hours.

How long did it take you to beat Automata? That'll better inform my estimated playtime.

To be clear, I'd prefer it to be separate from the Bombcast but since people are shipping anyway....

Plus, post murder island, Jeff may kill Dan if they're on the same coast.

I am still under the assumption that Jeff misses Dan at West.

Murder Island was pretty good yesterday, and while I think Dan was a bit better to watch than before, I think that he still needs to loot less and stick with the team more frequently to make for a more entertaining stream. The heel/antagonist/wild card role can still be a thing, but I'd enjoy the streams a little more if they dialed it back just a bit.

kiguel182

Totalbuiscuit is the worst and I'm always glad when games do weird shit.

The crop of "pro consumer" critics that plague YouTube have no idea what they are talking about most of the time and it's a shame that their lame ass rethoric has been adopted by so many people.

I don't know how we got to this point where these dudes are considered good critics but I hope we get pass it sooner rather than later.

Catvoca

Banned
Guy at work brought me his copy of Nier to play. So I guess I'll be doing that for the foreseeable future. How long is a complete run of the game? I assume it's longer than Automata's run time.

I mainlined A and B in a bit over 20 hours, but I'd add another 5-10 if you want C and D since you need to unlock every weapon.

Haven't finished Automata yet so I can't compare it. The side quests are much, much worse in the first Nier though.

Totalbuiscuit is the worst and I'm always glad when games do weird shit.

The crop of "pro consumer" critics that plague YouTube have no idea what they are talking about most of the time and it's a shame that their lame ass rethoric has been adopted by so many people.

I don't know how we got to this point where these dudes are considered good critics but I hope we get pass it sooner rather than later.

It's been funny to see multiple youtube populists get burned with the Hellblade thing.

daveo42

Banned
when can we make power consumers a term

Dan is the biggest power consumer.

I mainlined A and B in a bit over 20 hours, but I'd add another 5-10 if you want C and D since you need to unlock every weapon.

Haven't finished Automata yet so I can't compare it. The side quests are much, much worse in the first Nier though.

Thanks for the heads up. That bit about side quests sounds depressingly bad. I enjoyed most of the side stuff in Automata.

Lari

Many people have fleeting, intrusive thoughts. Some people embrace them and hope the pineapple man cuts their hand off.

Yeah exactly. it's the same dark impulse some people get when looking down from a big height, for a second the mind wonders what would be like to fall.

I feel like Abby is going to lose one operative per encounter from the way she is playing the game.

One can hope!

Top Bottom