• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Phatmac

It's an easy contest. Watch NJPW and it shits on anime from such a great height that it reaches terminal velocity and kills people.
I forgot that NJPW is a thing since I've been out of wrestling for a while. Yeah, that's better than anime.

Hasney

I forgot that NJPW is a thing since I've been out of wrestling for a while. Yeah, that's better than anime.

I mourn my free time, but watching the G1 Climax live this year has been a treat. Skipping the tag matches, I've only wasted 11 or so hours in a month I GUESS.

Hasney

Isn't that just live action anime?

How dare you

tumblr_oeu5wqXrFL1sasvhfo6_500.0.gif

Phatmac

Oooo...what slice of life stuff?
I guess it's more romance, but Tsurezure children has been my go to anime for this season. Second season of New Game is good. Aho Girl is dumb fun, but it probably isn't for everyone(slapstick violence comedy) Been going through my backlog and finally watching Kare Kano which Anno directed and so far it has been great. Also My Hero Academia is still amazing.

daveo42

Banned
I guess it's more romance, but Tsurezure children has been my go to anime for this season. Second season of New Game is good. Aho Girl is dumb fun, but it probably isn't for everyone(slapstick violence comedy) Been going through my backlog and finally watching Kare Kano which Anno directed and so far it has been great. Also My Hero Academia is still amazing.

I'll have to check those out. I've been catching up on some stuff as I've stopped watching anime for a bit. Btw, Kare Kano is one of my favorite slice/romance animes. I've mostly been watching DBSuper just cause it's fun shounen schlock.

Nerokis

Holy shit, this PUBG has been amazing. Ben has gone full Baby Driver, while Vinny is apparently now a stone cold killer. I don't know how long this will last, as I'm only ~35 minutes in, but it's almost like they're...good at this game? I'm legitimately taken aback by the skill and composure on display.

Phatmac

I'll have to check those out. I've been catching up on some stuff as I've stopped watching anime for a bit. Btw, Kare Kano is one of my favorite slice/romance animes. I've mostly been watching DBSuper just cause it's fun shounen schlock.
I'd highly recommend Tsuzere children if you enjoy cute anime romance that has some misunderstandings that are just made for comedy(although it can infuriate you). My Hero Academia takes a couple of episode to get better, but once it gets going it doesn't stop. Kare Kano is so good! I love Anno's works so I've been dying to finally watch more of his shows.

Tubobutts

Holy shit, this PUBG has been amazing. Ben has gone full Baby Driver, while Vinny is apparently now a stone cold killer. I don't know how long this will last, as I'm only ~35 minutes in, but it's almost like they're...good at this game? I'm legitimately taken aback by the skill and composure on display.
Don't worry, Dan is still there.

BTA

Huh, what's Danika over for?

Actually, due to the unintentional break I took in listening to Waypoint Radio I don't think I've ever actually seen/heard her in anything beyond some pretty great (shitposting) tweets she's made. Reminds me that I should stop pretending I'm gonna ever watch most of those launch stream VODs and just watch the Dungeon World bit already.

oti

Banned
I don't engage with Waypoint other than tweets people post on here and if that's the general attitude that site has I have no interest in it whatsoever.

I did find the Beastcast when Austin was on broached too many broad topics about games for me to listen all the way through to every episode. Not that those broad topics aren't valid discussion points for somebody to enjoy, it just wasn't what I was looking for out of a Giant Bomb podcast. What I've heard of Waypoint's more serious content mirrors some of that, so I don't follow that stuff all that much.

I wouldn't describe them as "pseudo intellectuals" or "patronizing" because that's a lazy forum insult that explains nothing and in no way critiques what they actually do at Waypoint.

I don't engage with Waypoint other than tweets people post on here and if that's the general attitude that site has I have no interest in it whatsoever.

I only engage with their writing and podcast. Streams only when GB people are involved. I don't have enough time to follow two sites(balls deep into GB obviously) unless I want to end up only playing indie games throughout the year, not gonna happen.
Peter Bro..��

I love Peter Brown. When he is on with Jeff, old gaming magic talk happens and I feel like a blanket is wrapped around me.

BTA

I'd honestly watch more Waypoint videos if it wasn't just on YouTube? That sounds shitty but the Video Buddy app is really good for getting a very focused look at what's new and I might want to watch.

I should start watching B&B again I guess; only ever saw the first few episodes back in June and they've, uh, kept doing it so I'm incredibly far behind. Wanted to watch some of their E3 stuff too but maybe it's too far out now to enjoy that, hmm.

I enjoy Waypoint Radio quite a bit but they kept getting a little spoilery for me so I stopped for a long time; I've started listening again recently and just skipping episodes I'm worried about being spoiled during. When I'm not behind on other podcasts I'll dive into the older stuff I can listen to now.

Harpuia

I liked it when Austin/Patrick/Danielle were on the Beastcast/Bombcast because they added that extra tinge of deeper thought to some of the crazier antics of the GB folk. It was a nice mix of flavors.

Waypoint has a "too much of a good thing" thing going on and often it's a liiiittle too much for me. Which is why I only tune into their podcast like once a week, not both their Monday/Friday casts.

I feel like Austin has the lay of the land in their podcasts quite a bit. Which is surprising because Patrick had a bad tendency to just completely override conversation in his early days on the bombcast. :p

Top Bottom