• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

TraBuch

Banned
They're gonna be watching Overwatch SFM videos and talk about which characters do and do not fuck while watching them fuck.

I reached the Minerva's Den category.
Send me your strength.

Wr8drBT.gif

Necro

Banned
Yeah if a person listens to waypoint and "patronizing" is the tone they take away from it, there's probably something else about them that actually bothers them.

Listen to them talk about Nick Robinson, nothing actually bothers me about any of them.

BTA

Do you think they could could have "video game personalities being creepers/sexists/racists" in their Please Stop category?

Only if something hits this close again later in the year, I feel? This is shitty as fuck, but not like... a Thing specifically this year within the industry. Unless I missed some other stuff/people?

BTA

Listen to them talk about Nick Robinson, nothing actually bothers me about any of them.

Serious question: what exactly bothered you during that discussion?

As someone who saw that situation happen on Twitter live + follows most of the people who were tweeting about it to begin with + hung out in the thread about it here the entire time it was open, I thought it did a pretty great job of covering the topic for both people who didn't know about it and for people who already did. None of it felt patronizing or navel-gazey to me, so I'd sincerely like to know where you're coming from.

Harpuia

They expressed their thoughts deeply, with the intention of laying out what they want the Industry to be like and for their industry to be better as a whole. They used him as an example because...well, that whole story literally just broke recently.

Necro

Banned
Serious question: what exactly bothered you during that discussion?

As someone who saw that situation happen on Twitter live + follows most of the people who were tweeting about it to begin with + hung out in the thread about it here the entire time it was open, I thought it did a pretty great job of covering the topic for both people who didn't know about it and for people who already did. None of it felt patronizing or navel-gazey to me, so I'd sincerely like to know where you're coming from.

Like me preface this by saying im a fan of most of waypoints work individually. I felt they took a rather naive stance about how things are black/white. Also the idea of explaining the basics of social dangers. But that just maybe the age of their audience.

Holy shit, this PUBG has been amazing. Ben has gone full Baby Driver, while Vinny is apparently now a stone cold killer. I don't know how long this will last, as I'm only ~35 minutes in, but it's almost like they're...good at this game? I'm legitimately taken aback by the skill and composure on display.

Then you have Dan to fuck it up.

justjim89

I don't see how it's more of a Beastcast topic unless they're going to get Margaret's hot take.

The Beastcast in general seems more inclined to take a stance on things like this, plus with Abby being there and her not being shy about bringing up feminist issues like female representation it'd be more likely to come up.

Aselith

Like me preface this by saying im a fan of most of waypoints work individually. I felt they took a rather naive stance about how things are black/white. Also the idea of explaining the basics of social dangers. But that just maybe the age of their audience.

Could you explain a bit about what you feel is a grey area?

BTA

So did they bring up the Robinson stuff on the Bombcast?

Seems like more of a Beastcast topic.

I wouldn't expect the Bombcast to cover that; it'd be kinda harsh to make Ben to talk about someone who he was(/is?) close to like that on live video.

I expect Beastcast to mention it but it's kinda hard to bring up briefly; sorta messy to bring up if you're not gonna give it the time it deserves, I feel?

I mean... in terms of black/white, Nick did do those things? Their "naive stance" was due to, beyond believing accusers, a few of them having heard things from friends in the past, and they stated as much. I get that sometimes things aren't so cut and dry but... it would be cruel of them to try to act otherwise when that's literally not the case here.

And I can see your point regarding explaining the basics. But I think that is an age thing as well as like... some of this is vaguely uncharted territory; it's not new, exactly, but some of the social network reach and related dynamics involved are, and so on.

And I can see your point regarding explaining the basics. But I think that is an age thing as well as like... some of this is vaguely uncharted territory; it's not new, exactly, but some of the social network reach and related dynamics involved are, and so on.

not saying it isn't appropriate in this case, but they tend to try to make everything a teachable moment and it wears thin, which is what I think Necro is getting at

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You all seriously overstated how annoyed they were with Dan during Murder Island

Also I just figured out that a big part of why I like Murder Island is because it unites both east and west

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Unless i misheard i believe danielle talked about how she had to deal with sexual harassment as well, so i think their stance is entirely understandable.

For some reason, Ben saying the sentence "They've gotten really advance in their hat technology" normally like it was nothing kind of killed me.
Unless i misheard i believe danielle talked about how she had to deal with sexual harassment as well, so i think their stance is entirely understandable.

She did.

Ashby

Videos won't play with my adblocker on anymore? I pay these jabronis good money to not have to deal with the pain in the ass of turning off my adblocker every time I want to watch a video!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Videos won't play with my adblocker on anymore? I pay these jabronis good money to not have to deal with the pain in the ass of turning off my adblocker every time I want to watch a video!

Working for me. Also you could just whitelist Giantbomb.com since there won't be any ads anyway

Aselith

There is the burden of proof, to not completely decimate someones life on the word of c tier journalists.

Well, I mean you can feel free to WAIT FOR THE FACTS <tm>

But them taking a hard stance against something they are sure happened because they trust their sources isn't naive or patronizing.

If you don't trust their sources, fine. But they clearly do. You've got an "I told you so" waiting for you on the other side if they were wrong.

Necro

Banned
Well, I mean you can feel free to WAIT FOR THE FACTS <tm>

But them taking a hard stance against something they are sure happened because they trust their sources isn't naive or patronizing.

If you don't trust their sources, fine. But they clearly do. You've got an "I told you so" waiting for you on the other side if they were wrong.

Oh no i trust them, ive never liked SAbabylonian.

Top Bottom