• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

BTA

There is the burden of proof, to not completely decimate someones life on the word of c tier journalists.

Oh. Well, if you're just gonna jump to this shit, that's disappointing.

I'm assuming rather than some "c tier journalists" (I literally don't know who you're referring to?) they trust 1. their friends, who are among the accusers* and people who were tweeting about it due to other people having talked to them about it, and 2. the other people who came to them privately with their stories for what they're writing about it currently. But sure, whatever, the words of c tier journalists.

*(I feel like "accusers" sounds kinda weird/mean to them; I'm not sure how else to word that other than "victims" though, and not everyone wants to use that label for themselves)

kiyomi

So did they bring up the Robinson stuff on the Bombcast?

Seems like more of a Beastcast topic.

Any time any sensitive issue comes up on the Beastcast, Vinny invariably says something along the lines of "Well, this isn't really the time or the place to be having this discussion.", which always leads me to question when exactly he thinks is a good time to talk about difficult issues, if not for a 2+ hour podcast amongst friends and veterans of the industry.

I do kind of wish that they had a podcast for that kind of thing where they could talk more candidly. I'm not a huge fan of Waypoint, but Scoops and Austin aren't afraid to address things and it's something I appreciate and respect them a great deal for.

robotrock

Banned
Any time any sensitive issue comes up on the Beastcast, Vinny invariably says something along the lines of "Well, this isn't really the time or the place to be having this discussion.", which always leads me to question when exactly he thinks is a good time to talk about difficult issues, if not for a 2+ hour podcast amongst friends and veterans of the industry.

does he? dude went INNNNNNN at pewdiepie and the VR sandals guy

- J - D -

Let's be real though it's easier for them to go in on pewdiepie because 1) he has no past association with GB, 2) he's a youtuber, 3) the overlap between GB's viewership and pewdiepie's is probably minor at best.

Oculus guy was likely a milkshake duck moment for Jeff and the crew though. He was on GB videos before and they were all very chummy.

robotrock

Banned
I can't remember the exact lines but Jeff basically said "and white supremacy is always a hottest mess."

it's been a while but i remember being disappointed in how long it took them to actually declare oculus as hottest mess that year. if it wasn't for alex it might have been SFV or something

Tubobutts

You would know about wearing things thin....
tumblr_mo9qqspNVN1r9zdybo1_500.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh I don't actaully remember discord GBGaf being that toxic, but it's been awhile since I visited.

Even the usual suspects are mostly just being dudes there.

Nerokis

Don't worry, Dan is still there.

...yep.

I feel like Dan's total lack of teamwork not only serves to hold everyone back, but also messes up his game. Like, his inability or refusal to be on the same wavelength as everyone else seems to totally compromise his situational awareness, and he ends up approaching situations in this blind, unfocused way.

Seriously, going from Vinny to Dan was like going from Obam — nevermind.

You all seriously overstated how annoyed they were with Dan during Murder Island

Also I just figured out that a big part of why I like Murder Island is because it unites both east and west

100%. Feels so nice having the coasts brought together. Been loving Ben in this format, in particular.

I get no feelings or pseudo intellectualism from Waypoint. Overall I think they do good work. The only thing that bothers me is all the hemming and hawing on their podcasts.

Harpuia

I get no feelings or pseudo intellectualism from Waypoint. Overall I think they do good work. The only thing that bothers me is all the hemming and hawing on their podcasts.

I love all the "whoofs", "oofs", "mans", and sighs though!

I do feel like Rob Zacny has been a big plus to me getting back into listening to the waypoint podcast. He talks a lot, which I always appreciate on a podcast, especially on one where one of their regulars has a tendency to dominate conversation.

Top Bottom