• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Aselith

I will play Hellblade now. Thanks, Brad.

OE isn't even 8% ABV. It comes in 6% and 7.5% varieties and the former is much more common. Kinda sad for a 40, honestly.

Has GB stuck exclusively with Olde English for Film & 40s? They should branch out and try "better" hobo beers.

Mine was Mickey's back when I was an afternoon drunk. Or sometimes Colt 45 if I could find it.

Hurricane is where it's at

oti

Banned
Galaxy 2 isn't even the best Mario game, let alone the best game of all time.

See? Even if you guys didn't believe me, now you know for a fact that Galaxy 2 is the best Mario game and the best game of all time. Thanks for clearing that up, Piston. 😘

Salvadora

iirc Alex mentioned reviewing Splatoon 2 on the Beastcast a number of weeks ago.

Didn't end up happening though, for whatever reason.

oti

Banned
just saying that doing the same exact thing I did to you the other day isn't a great joke

then again, I suppose it's on me for assuming you know anything about those

It's definitely on you assuming I would care enough about this meaningless thing to not copy your bad jokes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A galaxy switch remaster is probably a sure thing right? Wouldn't mind giving them a go seeing that i missed the series as a whole.

But, as always, godhand is still the greatest game of all time.

Xater

A galaxy switch remaster is probably a sure thing right? Wouldn't mind giving them a go seeing that i missed the series as a whole.

But, as always, godhand is still the greatest game of all time.

Considering the new one is out so soon I wouldn't say it's a sure thing at all. Also those were successful Wii games unlike the other games which got ports from a failed system.

Hasney

It's funny that Ireland has a reputation for drinking but as far as I know you can't get 40s or their equivalent over here.

You can get 40oz bottles and you can get high percentage beers fairly easy. It's just that people don't drink that much malt beer outside of the US.

If you want to get drunk cheap in the UK for example, it's cheap cider.

white-lightning-hotel-r-white-lighting-l-c0a9ab41e0dd05a7.jpg

- J - D -

it's actually a shame because of that dope ass Wu-Tang commercial

why didn't they ever use that instrumental for an actual song

Damn that ad spot was like a laser beam. I'd wanna hear a full cut of that even if I hate st. Ides.

You can get 40oz bottles and you can get high percentage beers fairly easy. It's just that people don't drink that much malt beer outside of the US.

I always wondered if shitty malt liquor was a solely American fascination.

drabnon

You guys think Nioh will get any significant acknowledgement on GOTY? I'm playing through it right now and it's pretty good. However I think most of the guys haven't played a significant amount so I feel like it will get sidelined in the discussions.

Zaph

A 40 is about 2 pints of strongish beer. That will definitely get you sauced if you're on the smaller side.

If you want to get drunk cheap in the UK for example, it's cheap cider.

[IMG ]http://www.cocolabor.org/upload/2017/07/02/white-lightning-hotel-r-white-lighting-l-c0a9ab41e0dd05a7.jpg[/IMG]

White Lightning had its ABV halved because of our nanny state. K Cider (8.4%) is now the student/degenerate drink of choice.

Xater

You guys think Nioh will get any significant acknowledgement on GOTY? I'm playing through it right now and it's pretty good. However I think most of the guys haven't played a significant amount so I feel like it will get sidelined in the discussions.

No.

Hot take: The East crew is bad at platformers.

- J - D -

Jason might pull for it, and if he gets support from Brad it might have a chance.

Hasney

it's really weird to see liquor with a plastic twist-top cap like a soda bottle

that shit looks like Pepsi Blue with a different label

I like that they now do cocktails in a Red bull sized can. I could be getting wings, or I could be buzzed from a mojito. Who knows?!

Eh, it's a good game, but in this crazy year, it's not in my top 10 so far even.

Antiwhippy

Nioh kinda soured on me the more i played it.

The repetition and Diablo loot system in the end just made me unable to finish it.

I still like it a lot though. I feel like nioh 2 is going to be a real banger of a game.

Xater

The repetition and Diablo loot system in the end just made me unable to finish it.

I still like it a lot though. I feel like nioh 2 is going to be a real banger of a game.

I loved the game until I realized it isn't balanced well and you could almost break huge parts of it. Like using the spell to even slow down bosses makes things almost trivial.

Same. I didn't mind broken shit like Sloth, but the repetitive combat and lacking encounter designs, boring level designs and tedious loot management made me stop like 3/4 through it. The foundation is super solid though, the game around it just needs to be better. Hope they do a sequel.

BTA

While I wish this weren't the case that would be an awful idea.

Vinny should play it in some capacity though.

I love Steins;Gate (and fwiw enjoyed it much sooner than the point where shit hits the fan, because even though the start is intentionally pretty slow, it was immediately way better than Chaos;Head, which I'd played a couple months before), as well as 0.

I do not think anyone on staff would enjoy it. Patrick probably could have. Austin potentially as well. I think some of the more tropey bullshit (including the parts of that I think are actually bad and not intentional jokes) would not work well for Vinny, particularly as there's a lot of that early on.

Meguro

Banned
Galaxy 1 and 2 are also way too tightly designed.
There's no camera fails or stupid shit in those games.
They wouldn't be nearly as frustrated or annoyed with it.

Jintor

brad and alex are the best writers on the site imho. jeff is up there too but i think his writing is really very close to his way of speaking and if you hear him talk about a game you basically have the way he will write about it, whereas brad and alex i think don't necessarily always quite reach what they want to say when speaking off-the-cuff but do a lot better putting thoughts to paper.

dan, despite having published about infinity more books than everybody else on staff, is not my favoured writer

tuxfool

Banned
Sounds like Ninja Theory should hire Platinum to do the gameplay while they do everything else.

Or maybe they should just make the game they want to make, without kowtowing to people's expectations that they should make another character action game. The combat system is fine in the game, if it lacks anything that is because of the extremely limited budget not an inherent failure in design.

Antiwhippy

Yeah I don't necessarily need them to make an action character game, it's more that the gameplay elements they added in seems... mediocre?

From the review it does feel like the gameplay did dock a point in the end.

Hasney

Or maybe they should just make the game they want to make, without kowtowing to people's expectations that they should make another character action game. The combat system is fine in the game, if it lacks anything that is because of the extremely limited budget not an inherent failure in design.

But even their character action games don't play well. I think they meant in general, not just Hellblade.

It is a shame, Enslaved was interesting and I couldn't get through it without being bored with the moments I was actually controlling it.

Top Bottom