• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

LiK

I hope they cancel the "kiss on the cheek" segment altogether. way too much time wasted on it when its not nearly as fun as the rest of the podcast

"Kiss on the cheek" is at the very end for a reason. Don't like it, just stop the podcast.

daveo42

Banned
Started with Destiny talk and quickly pivoted away to actual other games at least. Bracing myself for another hour-long Destiny block.

Aselith

damn it we were supposed to fight, about video games, on the internet, not have sexy fun times

jamie-the-things-i-do-for-love.gif

DESTINY IS A SHIT GAME AND YOU ONLY PLAY IT BECAUSE YOU'RE DUM DUMS AND IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE A GOOD ENDGAME LIKE DIABLO 3 WHICH IT RIPS OFF CAUSE ITS A SUX GAME AND BUNGIE SHOULD JUST SHUT DOWN CAUSE THEY CANT MAKE GOOD GAMES

Telfo

I hope they cancel you.

FOOL

it appears I have been owned online once more. :)

but seriously I do stop the podcast when they get to the postcards. I hope they end the segment because it seems like they clearly don't really want to do it and they are just pushing through it because they think people will be mad if they stop. I JUST WANT TO SAVE THEM PEOPLE

it appears I have been owned online once more. :)

but seriously I do stop the podcast when they get to the postcards. I hope they end the segment because it seems like they clearly don't really want to do it and they are just pushing through it because they think people will be mad if they stop. I JUST WANT TO SAVE THEM PEOPLE

It's cool.

What kind of timeline are we in if Dan ranks Destiny 2 above Zelda?

Meguro

Banned
People are almost creepily happy when someone dislikes Destiny 2.
Y'all gotta learn to let go of your hatred for it at some point.

oti

Banned
It's cool.

What kind of timeline are we in if Dan ranks Destiny 2 above Zelda?

The normal timeline, since Dan is a complete lunatic.

"Zelda is my game of this generation, but not of this year. Because that makes sense. I repeated that sentence 10 times in my head and now it make perfect sense."

TraBuch

Banned
It's been a few years and I think I'm officially ready to declare The Last of Us my favorite game of all time. It's the complete package. The gameplay is the perfect balance between stealth and action for me. The only game that comes close is Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Sure, there are games that do stealth better, and there are games that do action better, but no other game has such a perfect mix of both. The story, characters, atmosphere, music and graphics need zero explanation. The multiplayer is one of the most underappreciated multiplayer modes of all time. The game's replayability is off the charts for a linear, story-driven TPS. I've played it six times just to experience the world and gameplay again and I've never once gotten bored even though I know what's coming. I'm still enthralled by all the cutscenes. Despite seeing everything six times, I still get intensely sad throughout the game.

People can say the story is derivative of other movies and books all they want, I don't care. It's so goddamn good.

Hindl

He wont, but I feel like Destiny 2 has hooked more people on the GB staff than Zelda did. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Eh it's probably a wash but people seem to be fading off of Destiny 2 aside from Brad. And Zelda got the rare reverse Gerstmann, Jeff started out really disliking it before coming around on it

It's been a few years and I think I'm officially ready to declare The Last of Us my favorite game of all time. It's the complete package. The gameplay is the perfect balance between stealth and action for me. The only game that comes close is Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Sure, there are games that do stealth better, and there are games that do action better, but no other game has such a perfect mix of both. The story, characters, atmosphere, music and graphics need zero explanation. The multiplayer is one of the most underappreciated multiplayer modes of all time. The game's replayability is off the charts for a linear, story-driven TPS. I've played it six times just to experience the world and gameplay again and I've never once gotten bored even though I know what's coming. I'm still enthralled by all the cutscenes. Despite seeing everything six times, I still get intensely sad throughout the game.

People can say the story is derivative of other movies and books all they want, I don't care. It's so goddamn good.

Leaving narrative to one side, The Phantom Pain's gotta take it for perfect stealth/action blend imo. But I do like TLOU's gameplay quite a bit, I think it's underrated. Few things more satisfying then bricking a guy and beating the shit out of him.

Telfo

I am jealous of people that can play Destiny 2 and experience it in full but I have learned to accept that some games(and complete genres) I am best to just skip because they are not conducive to the schedule of 30 somethings with kid(s).

Usually games like that I will buy and barely play enough to justify and then sadly trade it in to gamestop a few months later.

daveo42

Banned
I hate on Destiny 2 because Destiny was a disappointing mess and it took Bungie several years to figure out how to release the same game again without most of the mess. Being happy people are down on the game is probably a bit harsh, but it's refreshing to hear when most of the gaming community make it sound like god's gift to mankind.

LiK

I hate on Destiny 2 because Destiny was a disappointing mess and it took Bungie several years to figure out how to release the same game again without most of the mess. Being happy people are down on the game is probably a bit harsh, but it's refreshing to hear when most of the gaming community make it sound like god's gift to mankind.

Destiny 2 is just a fun game and much improved over the original. People hating on it without even playing it is just irrational.

daveo42

Banned
Destiny 2 is just a fun game and much improved over the original. People hating on it without even playing it is just irrational.

I've seen and heard enough about Destiny 2 that I know it's something I won't enjoy because it's more Destiny.

Hindl

BTW, is everyone silently playing Metroid and enjoying it or did people just move on insanely fast.
People are really happy with it but it's a remake of an odd game in the Metroid series. There's not a lot to say beyond "Hey there's a new 2D metroid and hey it's pretty good". Beastcast will probably have more talk about it

oti

Banned

I think the issue most people have is to what insane degree Destiny 1 took over the conversation when it came out. Other games just moved out of its way so it stood alone as the centre of attention for a while. But that's not the game's fault.

Top Bottom