• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Remember what Jeff said about Destiny 1, and how you can just come back every few months and the stuff you did is largely trivialized. Wait til all the stuff is out, I reckon.

I don't get this mindset. You're doing it because it's fun. Of course your gear will become obsolete at some point as new content comes out. That doesn't somehow negate the what you did before. If you applied this mindset to a game like WoW there would NEVER be good time to start playing because there's always more content planned, until the game stops running.

That's just MMO game design. If you feel that way about loot drops then don't bother playing.

Basically this

I don't get this mindset. You're doing it because it's fun. Of course your gear will become obsolete at some point as new content comes out. That doesn't somehow negate the what you did before. If you applied this mindset to a game like WoW there would NEVER be good time to start playing because there's always more content planned, until the game stops running.

Basically this

Definitely agreed, the journey is the fun part. Any time they release new content your gear will be obsolete, its the nature of the beast. If you don't enjoy the gear hunt then it definitely is not a game you will want to play.

Lari

The thought of going to a post office and having to interact with humans to send a physical thing through the mail is scary and deeply intimidating.

BTA

I keep putting off (for way longer than I should probably admit) actually sending a friend something because I still haven't worked out the easiest way to actually mail anything near my apartment/office.

which is to say I've just been super lazy about it

Meanwhile the only use I have for postcards is displaying them.

2583884-9004667875-tumbl.gif

Anjin M

In light of recent conversations, I find it funny that I've been preferring the Bombcast and Kingdom Heartbreak to any of the GBEast shows. And I thought Yakuza Kiwami was really good, though the price really helped set expectations. Also, I watched Bad Moms last night and enjoyed it, so my taste may be suspect.

BTA

That's kinda the point of emails. What a weird question lol

What? No, that's reasonable to me as someone who's wondered the same.

Too early and it might be too far back in their inbox to be considered; too late on Wednesday/early Thursday and they might have already selected emails and then you're too early for next week.

In light of recent conversations, I find it funny that I've been preferring the Bombcast and Kingdom Heartbreak to any of the GBEast shows. And I thought Yakuza Kiwami was really good, though the price really helped set expectations. Also, I watched Bad Moms last night and enjoyed it, so my taste may be suspect.

882147.gif

Watching the Xbox One launch stream and only Brad even remotely cares about the Kinect voice garbage.

Is it weird that I still kinda care and use Xbox One Kinect voice garbage?

It's probably weird.

I mean what else am I supposed to do when Netflix asks if I'm still watching? Pick up a controller and turn it on?

Aselith

Basically this

You can have fun a few months later at half the price and not be behind is the point.

And people don't run strikes 100 times in a row for fun. It's for that drop so that the "fun" chemicals activate in their brain.

And people don't run strikes 100 times in a row for fun. It's for that drop so that the "fun" chemicals activate in their brain.

Fun police is here to tell people what are valid ways to enjoy playing a game while pretending their "insight" is somehow even remotely original. You're boring.

Aselith

But that's true for like.....every game that ever has DLC?

Of course, there are very few games where the advice should be anything other than wait for a sale/package

p0GHyQW_d.jpg

Fun police is here to tell people what are valid ways to enjoy playing a game while pretending their "insight" is somehow even remotely original. You're boring.

I'm actually a stripper and you're under arrest...for being too sexy. Now's when the real fun starts!

Telfo

I hope they cancel the "kiss on the cheek" segment altogether. way too much time wasted on it when its not nearly as fun as the rest of the podcast

Hasney

I hope they cancel the "kiss on the cheek" segment altogether. way too much time wasted on it when its not nearly as fun as the rest of the podcast

Once the music starts, press stop. If you're still listening to it, it's on you.

I feel pretty confident everyone but Brad is already over Destiny 2

PUBG never considered it a threat

He looked like he was holding off climax when he said "I still have so much more to say about Destiny".

Bacon

Why don't you just not listen to it? It's not taking time away from the rest of the podcast.

Top Bottom