• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

drabnon

I thought Vinny's correction on the latest Beastcast was great, because he voiced something I try to think about and be conscious of. It was completely unnecessary but very appreciated and part of why Vinny is my favorite GB member. He's a good person at heart and also the funniest.

Thank you for your poignant and beautiful words at the end, Vinny. While nobody ever doubted your intentions, it's nice to hear those words uttered on a podcast that a ton of people listen to. Definitely a GB highlight of the year. <3

On a more lighter note, the whole talk with some of the duders playing with their parents was so sweet. I used to play with my dad back in the day when it came to some games, most notably adventure games and Resident Evil. As of late though, my dad moved to PC gaming and pretty much just plays FPS games from time to time since he feels way more comfortable with a mouse and keyboard than a controller. Last game I got for him was DOOM and while he enjoyed playing it, he felt it was too fast and hectic.
What's the timestamp on Vinny talking about the PDP discussion reaction?

1:42:45

So I decided to watch that Neo Yokio Jaden Smith Anime on netflix during my lunch break and it is such a spectacular car crash. It's terribly bad and messy and makes you feel sick...but for some reason you can't look away from it.

So I decided to watch that Neo Yokio Jaden Smith Anime on netflix during my lunch break and it is such a spectacular car crash. It's terribly bad and messy and makes you feel sick...but for some reason you can't look away from it.

How is Desus and Mero?
They are the only reason why i want to check it out.

On a more lighter note, the whole talk with some of the duders playing with their parents was so sweet. I used to play with my dad back in the day on some games, most notably adventure games and Resident Evil. As of late though, my dad moved to PC gaming and pretty much just plays FPS games from time to time since he feels way more comfortable with a mouse and keyboard than a controller. Last game I got for him was DOOM and while he enjoyed playing it, he felt it was too fast and hectic.

Haven't gotten to that part of the beastcast (I am assuming thats what it is at least) yet but I like the sounds of it! EDIT: actually just got to this part, its really good

My dad got me into gaming, was watching him play NES before I could even talk... parents always talked about how they had to record him playing on vhs because it would stop me crying if they put that on tv hahaha. Some of my earliest memories are playing the NES TMNT games with him. Also Kings Quest, FF1, DQ1, Wolf 3d, Doom, quake etc. Tons of games heh. Good times :)

My dad felt the same way about DOOM 2016, i didn't get him for it but he watched me play and got some motion sickness form it :\

Do we know what they're gonna game at the GBE Playdate?

GTA Online is a high possibility but we'll see.
Haven't gotten to that part of the beastcast (I am assuming thats what it is at least) yet but I like the sounds of it! EDIT: actually just got to this part, its really good

My dad got me into gaming, was watching him play NES before I could even talk... parents always talked about how they had to record him playing on vhs because it would stop me crying if they put that on tv hahaha. Some of my earliest memories are playing the NES TMNT games with him. Also Kings Quest, FF1, DQ1, Wolf 3d, Doom, quake etc. Tons of games heh. Good times :)

My dad felt the same way about DOOM 2016, i didn't get himf or it but he watched me play and got some motion sickness form it :\

Man, I love stories like that. Really brought back many good memories during that talk on the Beastcast. I showed my dad Titanfall 2 MP footage and he said "Noooo thanks"

oti

Banned
I'm really curious about that Fortnite Battle Royale mode to be honest. Will definitely give it a try since it's F2P.

Man, I love stories like that. Really brought back many good memories during that talk on the Beastcast. I showed my dad Titanfall 2 MP footage and he said "Noooo thanks"

Same here, that was really cool. Definitely heartwarming.

Hahaha that is pretty funny. Makes me wonder if we will be like that when we are their age

How is Desus and Mero?
They are the only reason why i want to check it out.

They are alright and have some decent bits. The funny thing is that everyone outside of the freakin main character is actually pretty decent and seem like they wanna be there and try to ham it up. I know Jadens character is supposed to be the guy who doesn't care but his voice acting is just sooooooo lifeless and bad.

BTA

I've probably said this in a GB thread before (I know I've posted about it on GAF multiple times), but my moms got me into gaming. They had a SNES and a Genesis (I associate one with each of them, but in retrospect I don't know if they actually each had individually gotten them) and so my brother and I started playing them at age 3 or so. SNES Mom (for lack of a better way to referring to her) also would record VHS tapes of the TV while she played sometimes, so somewhere in our house is an almost 2 decade old recording of her (and later my brother) beating Ganon in LttP.

We also got GBCs on our 5th birthday because my aunt had one and let us try it a lot, and we ended up being given her N64 as well.

These days neither of my moms really plays anything more than the occasional phone game, but SNES Mom wants a Classic for Christmas. I've also played both Firewatch and Edith Finch with her watching (and keep getting posts about them on my FB wall as a result), which was really enjoyable and I'm looking forward to possibly showing her Tacoma or Gone Home (maybe some of Night in the Woods?) over the holidays.

not to really add a point to this where there isn't one, because it's just through my family, but in writing this I'm thinking more about the fact that I only got into games from such a young age because gay women introduced me to them and therefore the importance of everyone being able to play them comfortably

Salarians

e: anybody played harvest moon on ps4? I am itching to play a sim while waiting for stardew valley switch. I loved a wonderful life on GC when I grew up, but there is another one "save the homeland" that I have never played. any good? they are half off right now.
man it's been years but iirc

Save the Homeland was disappointing for some reason, I can't remember exactly why. It was the first HM on that generation and I didn't love it like the ones that came before.

I liked AWL more than most, but the game does feel "empty" compared to other games in the series. It having no festivals was a big complaint. The whole "follow your character through their entire life" aspect is cool but it moves at such a slow pace and becomes extremely repetitive pretty quickly. It also came out around the same time as Friends of Mineral Town did in the GBA, which is widely considered one of the best in the series. The only thing I remember about the PS2 version is that it lets you marry a 14 year old...

imo you should just wait for Stardew

I've probably said this in a GB thread before (I know I've posted about it on GAF multiple times), but my moms got me into gaming. They had a SNES and a Genesis (I associate one with each of them, but in retrospect I don't know if they actually each had individually gotten them) and so my brother and I started playing them at age 3 or so. SNES Mom (for lack of a better way to referring to her) also would record VHS tapes of the TV while she played sometimes, so somewhere in our house is an almost 2 decade old recording of her (and later my brother) beating Ganon in LttP.

We also got GBCs on our 5th birthday because my aunt had one and let us try it a lot, and we ended up being given her N64 as well.

These days neither of my moms really plays anything more than the occasional phone game, but SNES Mom wants a Classic for Christmas. I've also played both Firewatch and Edith Finch with her watching (and keep getting posts about them on my FB wall as a result), which was really enjoyable and I'm looking forward to possibly showing her Tacoma or Gone Home (maybe some of Night in the Woods?) over the holidays.

not to really add a point to this where there isn't one, because it's just through my family, but in writing this I'm thinking more about the fact that I only got into games from such a young age because gay women introduced me to them and therefore the importance of everyone being able to play them comfortably

That is awesome, like DM said, really enjoy hearing memories like that. Hopefully you guys can find a classic SNES!

Is it bad if I don't care about Destiny 2 spoilers at all? I havent played 2 yet (beyond the beta), waiting for the PC version but man, from what people have said about the tone and the tone of the demo I am super not interested in the story haha.

Bacon

That is awesome, like DM said, really enjoy hearing memories like that. Hopefully you guys can find a classic SNES!

Is it bad if I don't care about Destiny 2 spoilers at all? I havent played 2 yet (beyond the beta), waiting for the PC version but man, from what people have said about the tone and the tone of the demo I am super not interested in the story haha.

I think it would be weirder if you did care about spoilers for the destiny story. That stuff all feels so superfluous to what destiny is that I can't imagine a real person out there actually getting upset about getting spoiled for destiny.

856iuxoh8hnz.jpg

I think it would be weirder if you did care about spoilers for the destiny story. That stuff all feels so superfluous to what destiny is that I can't imagine a real person out there actually getting upset about getting spoiled for destiny.

Yea pretty much haha.

No Alex in the playdate :(

Top Bottom