• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I don't think power level really matters that much for the raid. It's more about having a good loadout. And by that I mean auto rifles for everything. Origin story and uriels gift are good for all encounters.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Just seen Jeff get Hard Light on his test stream on youtube, he's not mic'd up so he's just sat on the profile screen jiggling the cursor around in what I assume is excitement.

Valtýr

So I bought the Ruiner bundle with the OST, seeing that the OST is a big reason why I'm buying it.

Doesn't appear in folder.

Huh.

Go to the reviews page and sees that no one else got their OST.

Steam's OST buying system is fucking weird mang.

I picked it up last night and played about 30 minutes of it. Really didn't click with me. Combat and movement felt clumsy and imprecise tbh. Hopefully you like it more than I did.

I don't think power level really matters that much for the raid. It's more about having a good loadout. And by that I mean auto rifles for everything. Origin story and uriels gift are good for all encounters.

That's absolutely true. Auto rifles, smgs, and a good power weapon are everything right now.

I think you might still be able to find old Gamescoop, Three Red Lights, Podcast Beyond, and Wii-k in review by simple google search.

I adore those old podcasts (although they're filled with all kinds of gross shit that would be no-go today for obvious reasons). They got me into the whole scene. I learned what neogaf was from Mark Bozon's old internet commentator impersonations.

Here, I'll do the work for you:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/nvc/Wii-k_In_Review_Episode_List

http://www.ign.com/blogs/gamescooparchives/2011/12/10/game-scoop-archives-the-full-library

http://www.ign.com/articles/2007/07/05/three-red-lights-podcast-episode-1

http://www.ign.com/wikis/ign-podcasts/Podcast_Beyond_Episode_Index

Three Red Lights was amazing. I didn't even have an XBOX but I listened tot hat every week. They spent maybe 10-15 percent of that show actually talking about the XBOX. Hillary was fucking hilarious and I liked Greg way better back then.

Golf story looks good... I don't care about golf (actively dislike actual golf if I am being honest) but it reminds me of like that Mario Tennis rpg on game boy (regular, color? the camelot one)... think I might bite and get it haha

oh jeez alex only at 267 and also has zero experience raiding

i mean yeah the team i beat the raid with had one person at around the same power level, but this is the gb staff and alex has shown to have very little patience for bs and also doesn't like feeling like he's letting the team down sooooo

Harpuia

Golf story looks good... I don't care about golf (actively dislike actual golf if I am being honest) but it reminds me of like that Mario Tennis rpg on game boy (regular, color? the camelot one)... think I might bite and get it haha

I'm starving for stardew valley on the switch I need something to hold me over until then. What's the main premise of golf story?

Three Red Lights was amazing. I didn't even have an XBOX but I listened tot hat every week. They spent maybe 10-15 percent of that show actually talking about the XBOX. Hillary was fucking hilarious and I liked Greg way better back then.

It's really crazy to think about how Hilary and those podcasts fundamentally changed IGN. What started as just a major game reviews website became a big mover/shaker for better and for worse.

EDIT:

And yes, TRL was so damn good.

That's absolutely true. Auto rifles, smgs, and a good power weapon are everything right now.

to a point

i fear alex will be dying constantly during combat encounters because he will be taking way more damage than the rest of the team simply because of the numbers, especially in the final part

at least that's what was happening to our 260+ guy until we specifically had him play roles where he wouldn't have to be in combat as much

I'm starving for stardew valley on the switch I need something to hold me over until then. What's the main premise of golf story?

I don't know much about it, just watched the trailer from the one or two nintendo showcases its been in and some of the first 30 minutes that was posted in this thread this morning. It seems Stardew esque though, you decide to chase your dream of golf and move to a new town. Looks like a lot of activities, managing relationships, upgrade your character, etc.

Stardew is awesome by the way... if you like that style of game it is fantastic, will be worth the wait! I might double dip and get it on Switch even though I should just continue my Steam file (I am in first winter, haven't played in awhile sadly).

Hasney

Yup. I seriously cannot wait.

It's a golf RPG. If you ever played Mario Golf on Game Boy Colour or GBA, it's basically a story to play through. This looks to be a level beyond that though and some of the tone looks amazing. Like this sequence in the first half hour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYos6kdVUnc&t=6m36s

to a point

i fear alex will be dying constantly during combat encounters because he will be taking way more damage than the rest of the team simply because of the numbers, especially in the final part

at least that's what was happening to our 260+ guy until we specifically had him play roles where he wouldn't have to be in combat as much

If you can get the 260 guys to:

SPOILERS:
Stay in the portal to call the icons

then they should *hopefully* be fine.

w98fuwbxxa0.gif

raid time is here

Harpuia

Real weird that the gb folk hate zombies in CoD when it's sounding like most of the weird Destiny raid stuff is about on the same level as all the secret things you can do in zombies. At least, if you're planning on surviving more than 10 waves. Do they effectively communicate what you have to do? From the replies in this thread, it sounds a little cryptic.

Real weird that the gb folk hate zombies in CoD when it's sounding like most of the weird Destiny raid stuff is about on the same level as all the secret things you can do in zombies. At least, if you're planning on surviving more than 10 waves. Do they effectively communicate what you have to do? From the replies in this thread, it sounds a little cryptic.

Pretty much have to figure it out by trial and error if you go in blind, if it is anything like Destiny 1.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

To be fair we don't know if they'll actually like the raid.

Honestly never understood the hate for COD zombies outside that it's a COD mode with Zombies in it. I've generally had a fun time every time I played with friends.

NightOnyx

Raid line up is Brad, Abby, Dan, Jeff, Alex, and Ben.

Jeff, Dan, and Brad all have separate streams, so looks like the main stream won't show their prospective. I'm hoping we get Abby's view.

Harpuia

Destiny 2 fans be all like "this is the best game for me" but then it looks like everyone is going "mannnnn the raid is so bad"

Gurrry

Ive avoided all Destiny 2 spoilers, but im done waiting. I want to watch this. FUCK bungie for making PC players wait. This is their fault.

Im sick of waiting. I might as well just fucking wait for the first expansion.

Top Bottom