• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

robotrock

Banned
UIaIPqZ.jpg

Zocano

I think brad knows the underbelly shortcuts and failing that the standards should be a palate cleanser especially given their horrid experience with gauntlet.

Ya the shortcuts are super fast given that you know the routes. Like kind of absurdly fast.

Still not watching- what happened? The game glitched once they finally did the thing?

After five hours, they had a few runs that were SUPER SUPER close, including basically dying at the last second.

The very last run, they died AS they finished, and so the game spawned a chest and the event completed, but every single player started dying and reviving over and over and over again.

Zocano

Even then thats after youve geared up, then you can just speed run raids. Not after 2 a raid has been out.

I mean yes there's that (which happens in Destiny as well) but I'm talking about the groups that have a raid down to a science and can just beat an MMO raid in one night no sweat and just have it down to farming it. Which happens with every raid.

Oh man, I haven't seen this The Floor is Lava thing! (Still haven't done the last couple campaign missions.) I hope they keep adding more stuff like that and the Commander stuff at the Farm.

To reiterate and bring up a WoW raid

Just because you know what to do, doesnt mean the raid cant be challenging. Knowing about it and doing it are two separate things. Thats where the challenge comes in. The example being used a group already beat the raid in 30 minutes. That means the challenge of the raid is dependent on a players knowledge, not on the fact that the raid is actually challenging.

In WoW for example you and your group can know the fight, despite that there is still a challenge to it that depends on either your gear or how youre tackling the fight.

In Destiny, that challenge comes from a lack of knowledge and having to jump through hoops correctly. Once you do that, all the challenge is gone, because the raid has no inherent challenge that isnt based on the players failure.

I'm kinda not seeing your point? Destiny's exactly the same in that people can be geared and still struggle with execution e.g. jumping through hoops is part of the execution. In other stages there are parts tired to execution. The only section of this raid that's not tied to execution is during the worst part of this raid but 3 players still need to perform. I'd argue due to the fps mechanics there's more execution required in base combat, you need to aim, dodge, improvise when people need cover or screw up. It's not just a matter of going through your dps rotation.

I'm kinda not seeing your point? Destiny's exactly the same in that people can be geared and still struggle with execution e.g. jumping through hoops is part of the execution. In other stages there are parts tired to execution. The only section of this raid that's not tied to execution is during the worst part of this raid but 3 players still need to perform. I'd argue due to the fps mechanics there's more execution required in base combat, you need to aim, dodge, improvise when people need cover or screw up. It's not just a matter of going through your dps rotation.

Im having a hard time to explain my thoughts coherently, so thats on me. Im trying to find the right way to word this argument @_@ rip

daveo42

Banned
This totally means no GBeast Playdate either. Not sure I like that seeing as we've already lost SMS. 8 more hours of Destiny 2 on Friday seems like a poor replacement.

They could stream Monday since they've essentially finished Murder Monday.

Top Bottom