• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Ok, serious question. ... Can someone tell me exactly what charm or enjoyment they see in this game? I've been trying to figure out how this mmo basketball game has fooled people into thinking its good.

Oh damn I missed the ending. Archive should still make for good background noise!

First time clearing the raid, it took me about 7 hours across 2 sessions. Around 4 beating the first 3 encounters including going back and forth through the hub area, and 3 just to beat the boss.

That boss is a fucker.

Of course, that wasn't a blind run. But based on what happened with the gauntlet, which they pretty much almost figured out on their own within an hour, it doesn't seem like them knowing what to do matters as much in how long they take!

Ok, serious question. ... Can someone tell me exactly what charm or enjoyment they see in this game? I've been trying to figure out how this mmo basketball game has fooled people into thinking its good.

It's a standard loot shooter where the movement and gunplay have a ton of polish and ends up being pretty satisfying. It's one of those 7/10 games that's decent to throw on during a podcast or something.

Nothing about this raid (at least, this specific one) is what people actually enjoy about Destiny.

jaina

And it's not like we "lost" an episode of Sunshine. It just releases a week later.
Unless Abby and Alex significantly improved their platforming skills with this raid and get some shines quicker because of it.
CicgbGZ.png

In all seriousness I would really like them to beat the raid just for their reaction to the ending because it's actually cool as hell.

To those who beat the raids in the expansions to D1, do those have as wild an ending as this one's?

Betting the farmville, the running of the lanterns, Thursday Night Throwdown, Professional Wednesday, random PC game, (probably) bring your own B game, and (probably) choose our own adventure.

Don't forget the No-Go Show, the Powerbombcast, the Old Games Show, Flight Club, Blight Club, I Love Mondays, Danswers, Box Office Bomb, and Bomb After Reading!

hank_tree

In all seriousness I would really like them to beat the raid just for their reaction to the ending because it's actually cool as hell.

To those who beat the raids in the expansions to D1, do those have as wild an ending as this one's?

Nope. Barely have an ending at all.

jwhit28

you underestimate the power of loot and collecting said loot with friends

As some one with no familiarity with the first game, I thought this would be much more like Diablo and Path of Exile than FFXIV and WoW. I was planning to jump in with my brothers when the PC version hit but I'm having 2nd thoughts. We stopped playing MMOs and MOBAs to get away from this kind of frustration.

I'm thankful for this long-look for letting me know.

Top Bottom