• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

xuchu

I had to do it.

ZzQDE0K.gif

Haha even better

Nope. Barely have an ending at all.

That's too bad. I do remember watching the King's Fall GB stream, and at least that had you seeing Oryx's gigantic lifeless body float off into space.

Vault of Glass was sorta anti-climactic that once you kill Atheon, he just explodes and that's pretty much it. Very minor nitpick of course, since playing all of it was real fun.

Calus though! That's a personal moment of the year candidate.

jaina

As some one with no familiarity with the first game, I thought this would be much more like Diablo and Path of Exile than FFXIV and WoW. I was planning to jump in with my brothers when the PC version hit but I'm having 2nd thoughts. We stopped playing MMOs and MOBAs to get away from this kind of frustration.

I'm thankful for this long-look for letting me know.

To be fair, they've designed better raids than this and there is plenty enjoyable stuff for co-op before end game.

As some one with no familiarity with the first game, I thought this would be much more like Diablo and Path of Exile than FFXIV and WoW. I was planning to jump in with my brothers when the PC version hit but I'm having 2nd thoughts. We stopped playing MMOs and MOBAs to get away from this kind of frustration.

I'm thankful for this long-look for letting me know.

I'm not into the loot so I was hoping D2 had other things that would get me hooked like an awesome, replayable campaign for one but nope.

To be fair, they've designed better raids than this and there is plenty enjoyable stuff for co-op before end game.

also yes you really shouldn't be basing your entire judgement of destiny 2 off of the raid since 90% of the game is nowhere close to being like this

and unlike vanilla destiny 1 where the raid is the only real highlight, destiny 2 is actually fun and engaging without factoring in the raid!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
also yes you really shouldn't be basing your entire judgement of destiny 2 off of the raid since 90% of the game is nowhere close to being like this

and unlike vanilla destiny 1 where the raid is the only real highlight, destiny 2 is actually fun and engaging without factoring in the raid!

Isn't the point of endlessly grinding loot is to prepare for endgame encountered like the raid?

also jesus christ the screen effect when one of your teammates dying is the fucking worst thing i've ever seen in video games

is it just more pronounced because of the stream or is it this shitty in game too?

dcassell

Banned
Isn't the point of endlessly grinding loot is to prepare for endgame encountered like the raid?

Nightfall/PVP stuff and trying to get all the gear is fun. I haven't done the raid yet, but I've been having fun just doing weekly stuff and watching my numbers go up for the last month. It feels the same as something like a clicker game haha.

I stopped watching when they went on their lunch break. Did they get past that one spot?

Uh huh.

I think figuring the raid out is the most fun part of it. For example in the gauntlet we saw that there were 4 pilliars, we got that two people teleported so we instantly figured our positions. The runners could see the symbol for their wall and when they saw that there were 3 rows of holes we figured they aligned with the arrows. The only part that took us some trial and error was that we had to shoot two arrows at a time.

I don't think any part of the raid is particular hard to figure out once you get the logic which things are there for a reason.

for some people, sure. but looking at trophy percentages for raid clears, it's obvious that a vast majority of destiny players don't really make conquering it a goal.

i can see most destiny 2 players just casually put it on to beat the campaign and do some strikes or pvp matches here and there with friends

xuchu

Nice they've essentially figured out this encounter quick. Really enjoy seeing/hearing the problem solving portion from them. Don't enjoy seeing them slowly break though.

I haven't watched but the stream was on when I came back from work and now I'm going to bed and it's still on. Is this the end for Giant Bomb?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's stupid. I've died multiple times because of it.

Yeah, it's not tricky. Abby needs to run to the mid to refresh her buff though.

So this segment is just to stand in one place, go to another place to stand in one place, and then going back to stand in the same space?

chogidogs

So this segment is just to stand in one place, go to another place to stand in one place, and then going back to stand in the same space?

There are 4 spots. Standing in one makes the chains go. They want to keep standing on them until it "locks" the lanterns in the middle. Then everybody runs to the middle to break them.

They have to cycle in people because one person can only stand there for a certain point. Also a huge dude spawns at each point so there's a good amount of juggling that you have to do.

Rainmaker

Banned
I've had this stream on all day and I've really enjoyed the hell out of it. Great stuff from everyone. Hope they end up finishing it somehow before the week is over.

loki 16

3 of the 4 encounters are variations of the repeat-thing-3-times video game trope. Barring the art/design, its such a fucking lazy raid

Even the trash waves in-between encounters involve collecting 3 keys.
All of the raids are like that.

Wunder

the worst part of the raid are the wipe mechanics. Having to worry about your heavy ammo and ammo in general is terrible, you should just be at max or whatever when you reset. With the revive tokens I feel like it also just prolongs the inevitable instead of just wiping the raid outright and restarting. Feels way more demoralizing coz you're on a downward slope trying to get back up but you're never gonna get there

the worst part of the raid are the wipe mechanics. Having to worry about your heavy ammo and ammo in general is terrible, you should just be at max or whatever when you reset. With the revive tokens I feel like it also just prolongs the inevitable instead of just wiping the raid outright and restarting. Feels way more demoralizing coz you're on a downward slope trying to get back up but you're never gonna get there

how can we make this raid longer than it really is? oh I know!

chogidogs

I'm enjoying watching this, but I think my desire to actually play something like the raid is quickly diminishing, lol.

Yeah, it's not for everybody. I finished it for the sake of finishing it but I wouldn't want to do it again. I'd rather just do my weeklys (nightfall, call to Arms, etc.)

Wunder

how can we make this raid longer than it really is? oh I know!

having your vision go to shit when one person wipes fucking sucks too. Just imagining strawberry jam all over your screen while you're doing Black Temple and a random DPS dies would be the most infuriating thing ever

Top Bottom