• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I finished Route C (and saw the rest of the main endings) yesterday during the raid and I'm glad I stuck with it even though it's a bit of a slog. I went from "yeah this game is fine" to "man this might be my second-favorite thing I've experienced this year."

Be sure to see a little bit of A, like the first hour or so, too if you can find the willingness to go back. Makes you realise how some things are more deliberate than they first appear.

I'm not sure if i'm gonna finish Nier after all

Route C was going pretty well until
the sequence where 2B dies or whatever,
that atrocious 5 min of walking slowly à la Metal Gear Solid 4

idk man, that game has really good parts and really bad parts and I feel like i'm ready to move on to something else

I would just move on. I felt the same way and continued on. The ending wasn't anything special to me and I just ended up disliking the game more the longer I played it.

Hey we're gonna get to watch them go through the raid again. A fine substitution don't you think?????

this was a weird decision and I honestly hope they finish it on Friday

Seeing how they did with the first section of the raid and it gets worse later on, it would be a miracle for them to finish the raid on Friday

Meguro

Banned
I'm usually on the opposite end of Jeff's insane gaming opinions but RDR is the one thing I agree with him on.
It's lame and boring.

Antiwhippy

I gotta say though having watched the whole thing now the first pay actually looks sorta fun to execute just through the coordination needed.

Is there anything in non-raid destiny 2 that is like that?

I gotta say though having watched the whole thing now the first pay actually looks sorta fun to execute just through the coordination needed.

Is there anything in non-raid destiny 2 that is like that?

Nightfall and some PVP events get close. Nightfall requires a constant call-out of what the new empowered element since the empowered element is shown on screen for all of about 5 seconds and there's other coordination aspects depending on the strike and modifiers.

It's coordination for sure, but on a much lower level of precision and accuracy than the Raids.

Harpuia

RDR is so good though. It's not colorless, like GTA. The environments all look so good, and it seems to continue this in RD2 judging by the trailer

It does a really good job beyond "What's-up-in-current-events" in making its story, and John Marston is a genuinely great character. It's honestly leaps and bounds beyond what Rockstar does for GTA. The only GTA I've ever liked was San Andreas, and that's because it's different from the other games in the series.

RDR is so good though. It's not colorless, like GTA. The environments all look so good, and it seems to continue this in RD2 judging by the trailer

It does a really good job beyond "What's-up-in-current-events" in making its story, and John Marston is a genuinely great character. It's honestly leaps and bounds beyond what Rockstar does for GTA. The only GTA I've ever liked was San Andreas, and that's because it's different from the other games in the series.

Add me to the camp of "Don't care for GTA much, but love RDR". Marston's story is fantastic, the music is beautiful, the scenery incredible, and no one has done a better job with horseback riding.

robotrock

Banned
havent played any red dead games.

this looks awesome as all fuck

I use my Xbox One S for 4k blurays and to occasionally boot up Red Dead Redemption.

It holds up exceptionally well IMO. If you have a PS3, 360, or Xbox One around definitely still check it out. I think it's on PS Now as well.

I can't see them finishing it on Friday. Baths will take them awhile because they have a tendency to talk over one another making the communication needed for rotation harder than it needs to be and they don't seem to have an efficient way of taking out the bathers. You can easily kill them before they even have a chance to get fully out if you toss a pulse grenade and hit them with one good heavy weapon. I would say either a fusion rifle, shotgun, or (if you don't mind getting in close) a sword using the uppercut attack. I personally use a sword.

The next part after that requires almost no shooting, so that's good, but they will have to learn the layout of the arena and have a very good mental map of it so that they know where they can run depending on the situation. That will take some time for them to get down.

And then there's the final boss, which is the most punishing in terms of not dying and putting out good amounts of damage, on top of communicating well.

Harpuia

I don't much like GTA either but how is gta5 colorless?

Ehhh it looks like samey old Big City that they always go to.

I know there's some more natural looking areas. But RDR is one big natural looking area.

City design is so goddamn boring to me. I will always give more kudos to games that have designed their own fictional (inspired by real world locations in this case) natural environments.

daveo42

Banned
Haven't played a Rockstar game since GTAIV, which I had a ton of fun with at the time. Never got around to RDR due to never owning an X360 and hearing the game was particularly shit on the PS3. Can't deny the game looks good and I love the old west setting, but I'm not sure I can stomach yet another open world game.

Antiwhippy

Ehhh it looks like samey old Big City that they always go to.

I know there's some more natural looking areas. But RDR is one big natural looking area.

City design is so goddamn boring to me. I will always give more kudos to games that have designed their own fictional (inspired by real world locations in this case) natural environments.

Ah alright, I think I was just thrown off by your use of colorless, because the art does pop even if I also do find generic open world city to be a boring design too.

Top Bottom