• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

hamchan

This raid was a lot more fun to watch than the ones they've done for D1 in the past. Probably because it was the staff.

I enjoyed what little I watched from Abby's perspective. Never really got frustrated with how she played, which is great!

Gonna go watch it all now while playing some Dragon Quest 7.

Zocano

I actually had a lot of fun watching the D1 raids (which seemed better put together than this monstrosity)

Vault of the Glass (the first one), is actually relatively mechanics light and is much more "shoot dudes and don't die".

Their King's Fall stream they had someone clearly explain the mechanics each time so there wasn't a lot of durdling around like there was here.

Like, a blind raid done by people who aren't ace players is always going to look clunky and sloppy because of many factors.

This projection mechanic seems like an unneeded layer of bullshit.

Shooters would have nothing else to do but stand and wait. Would make the shooters be standing and twiddling their fingers while runners run.

oti

Banned
Remember how boring the Horizon QL was? I'm sure it's a fine game but it shows pretty badly. Destiny 2 raid however?

2799080-drew.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait, what does horizon have to do with anything.

Vault of the Glass (the first one), is actually relatively mechanics light and is much more "shoot dudes and don't die".

Their King's Fall stream they had someone clearly explain the mechanics each time so there wasn't a lot of durdling around like there was here.

Like, a blind raid done by people who aren't ace players is always going to look clunky and sloppy because of many factors.

Shooters would have nothing else to do but stand and wait. Would make the shooters be standing and twiddling their fingers while runners run.

Huh, I was only looking at Abby cam but I thought they had regular mobs to shoot while they were running through the hallway?

This raid was a lot more fun to watch than the ones they've done for D1 in the past. Probably because it was the staff.

holy shit no

The D1 ones weren't exactly great pieces of entertainment either. Outside of hearing them all slowly get broken--which isn't really all that funny over 8 hours--it's boring to watch from one person's perspective. It's the same thing over and over again, and even the runners got boring to watch after a few laps.

Huh, I was only looking at Abby cam but I thought they had regular mobs to shoot while they were running through the hallway?

No, only after the runners finished did they have to shoot mobs that would appear. While they were running, there weren't mob spawns.

oti

Banned
For the rest of the raid I'll prepare by watching a different team play through it first. The GB stream isn't really that great when it comes to discovering the mechanics with them.

swimbuff

Sure you're gonna get a lot of downtime in an 8 hour video but between Vinny's goofs, Abby's shenanigans, the game's bugs, and watching the team actually try to puzzle out the stages it was more entertaining to watch compared to their previous raid videos.

There shouldn't be any but there were a couple times elite mobs spawned so I have no idea what was going on there. Never happened in my raids.

tuxfool

Banned
Sure you're gonna get a lot of downtime in an 8 hour video but between Vinny's goofs, Abby's shenanigans, the game's bugs, and watching the team actually try to puzzle out the stages it was more entertaining to watch compared to their previous raid videos.

Every time I looked they were jumping through the same hoops and shooting the same mobs in the same rooms.

LiK

I haven't played it so I wouldn't know.

Don't listen to him. Horizon was amazing.

For the rest of the raid I'll prepare by watching a different team play through it first. The GB stream isn't really that great when it comes to discovering the mechanics with them.

Just watch one of the many YT guides out there. They explain the Raids pretty well. Don't go into it blind or you'll just be as miserable as them.

Antiwhippy

Don't listen to him. Horizon was amazing.

Just watch one of the many YT guides out there. They explain the Raids pretty well. Don't go into it blind or you'll just be as miserable as them.

But isn't going in blind and learning how to beat them the point.

LiK

But isn't going in blind and learning how to beat them the point.

Not for me anymore. Even if you know everything, it's all about execution and I find that more rewarding knowing what to do and just coordinating with teammates. I played VoG and Crota blind and that was enough for me. I played all future Raids with prior knowledge and that didn't take away my enjoyment. These days, it's a lot harder to find a full group to play on a regular basis and play for dozens of hours in one activity.

Antiwhippy

Eh, fair enough, I guess in the end it's kinda like if you want to summon in a souls game or not.

Also off-topic, and I find this funny mostly because it's a crossover from my other hobby, but you guys want to buy some €50,000 Assassin's creed origin headphones?

https://imgur.com/a/cAiVs#5bQkigR

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Video steaming on the site has been utter dogshit this week for me :( constant buffering on the lowest setting on all modes but YouTube -- not much help for subscriber videos.

imBask

Banned
can't wait to never do the raid because i'll be one of the 5 people playing on PC, and the other 4 will be console players would double dipped

LiK

The problem with this raid is that it's the most mechanics-heavy raid Bungie has done so far. The previous one (WotM) was probably the best one. Fun boss battles, good platforming segments and fun combat encounters. Kinda felt bad that this is the first Destiny raid for most of the GB crew.

Fucking helllllllll

CONTENT

Linkin112

I can see them beating the Baths pretty quick, they already understand what to do. It's the Pleasure Gardens that will interesting. In my first Raid group, we beat our heads against it for an hour and a half after beating the Baths and then called it a day. Next day, we beat it on our 4th try.

Calus will be a 10 hour stream though, calling it now.

Oakinn

I can see them beating the Baths pretty quick, they already understand what to do. It's the Pleasure Gardens that will interesting. In my first Raid group, we beat our heads against it for an hour and a half after beating the Baths and then called it a day. Next day, we beat it on our 4th try.

Calus will be a 10 hour stream though, calling it now.

As they currently are, I'm worried about overall DPS against Calus. Its not a hard boss to figure out otherwise

daveo42

Banned
Eh.

Didn't need the online stuff.

The online stuff was a fun addition to the game. It didn't need it, but stuff like treasure hunting, photo taking, and online leaderboards and challenges for time trials were real neat. The bigger news is that the online components, as limited as they are, won't even last a full year from the game's release. Fans knew it wouldn't be a massive success, just not the fiscal failure from Sony's perspective.

Linkin112

As they currently are, I'm worried about overall DPS against Calus. Its not a hard boss to figure out otherwise
Yeah, it REALLY helps to have heavy DPS there. I went through three variations of teams before finally beating it and our last team had two Sweet Businesses/Coldhearts in the purple dimension to destroy skulls. Got to 80x each time and swept house on Calus with grenades, rockets, Merciless, Coldhearts, and supers

Antiwhippy

The online stuff was a fun addition to the game. It didn't need it, but stuff like treasure hunting, photo taking, and online leaderboards and challenges for time trials were real neat. The bigger news is that the online components, as limited as they are, won't even last a full year from the game's release. Fans knew it wouldn't be a massive success, just not the fiscal failure from Sony's perspective.

You know, i like the franchise (still need to finish 2) but i never actually expected the game to be a fiscal success.

Top Bottom