• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

robotrock

Banned
Haven't played a Rockstar game since GTAIV, which I had a ton of fun with at the time. Never got around to RDR due to never owning an X360 and hearing the game was particularly shit on the PS3. Can't deny the game looks good and I love the old west setting, but I'm not sure I can stomach yet another open world game.

I thought RDR was totally fine on PS3. Even thought it looked fantastic at times.

It's definitely not a Bayonetta PS3 situation.

Harpuia

How much meat is there in golf story. I really want to get something that will hold me over until stardew valley and odyssey...

imBask

Banned
If you are that far along with C, you won't suddenly start to enjoy it.

The story does rely a lot on it's resolution, it's where it's strongest (which is why it's worth powering through the narrative lul in the middle), but if you don't find the questions intriguing in the first place that won't help.

I liked the questions, as i'm a big fan of existentialism. I also like Platinums brand of character action games. So i was never at a point where i didn't enjoy what i was doing.

I mean i'm interested in knowing how it ends, so i'm gonna read it or skip through a let's play and call it a day

and I also like Platinum games but it's not like this is the best gameplay they've done

hamchan

When I was young I wanted every sports game to have RPG elements like Mario Golf by Camelot.

Now they all have RPG elements where you raise your own player and you pay $$$ out your ass to boost those stats.

Catvoca

Banned
How much meat is there in golf story. I really want to get something that will hold me over until stardew valley and odyssey...

I've only played it for about 2 hours but it seems dope. The first course is full of side quests and npc's to interact with in addition to playing through the main story. Seems pretty inventive and it's charming as hell. There's supposedly 8 courses and if they are all as detailed and chocked full of stuff to do as the first one then there is plenty of content for €15.

Also according to the thread you americans don't know what a sausage roll is?

Only if it's Stephens

header.jpg

Hindl

there's a quest to kill the Great Barrier Reef by playing golf
they say mate a lot I'd guess

they say "mate" a lot and "sucked in". I'm not Australian so I hope this doesn't come off as offensive

Either they say mate a lot of they say cunt a lot.

Also they end your name with a "-y"
Oh huh. I normally associate that with Brits except for the "sucked in" thing

BTA

2 things

1. Is that record player actually better than an Orbit? Googling is getting me nothing useful because every review I find descends into talking about replacing various parts or waxing on about specific records and I just want to know if saving that $60 is worth it upfront.

2. Apparently my phone's rebuilding podcast library mess actually retained what episodes I've listened to? It wiped my subscriptions and marked anything I didn't finish as fully unplayed (which really sucks since I bounce between things a lot, especially since I've been listening to several new things lately depending on my mood), but episodes I did finish are still marked as that.

which is weird as hell but I'll accept it, I guess, thanks phone

Pastry.

So you were getting there.

Except no sausage casing.

Is it served warm?

I continue to be confused by Echo, and the appeal of its gimmick. The game "learns" your playstyle or whatever, and then the echos of your character take that into account or mimic you or something? What value does that have when there is such a small variety of things the play can do? Shoot, walk, run, stealth kill.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
2 things

1. Is that record player actually better than an Orbit? Googling is getting me nothing useful because every review I find descends into talking about replacing various parts or waxing on about specific records and I just want to know if saving that $60 is worth it upfront.

I mean if you want to descend into audiophile bullshit there's a long list to look out for, but the most important thing when it comes to turntables is the cartridge aka the record needle. Mostly look into the quality of those and you can replace it on most turntables anyway. Audio Technica is the brand you want to look for when it comes to cartridges.

BTA

I mean if you want to descend into audiophile bullshit there's a long list to look out for, but the most important thing when it comes to turntables is the cartridge aka the record needle. Mostly look into the quality of those and you can replace it on most turntables anyway. Audio Technica is the brand you want to look for when it comes to cartridges.

Mhmm, noted, thanks. I'll look into it more over lunch.

also I like how you replied to the half of the post that wasn't quoting you

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So your name is actually Antiwhip?

What's wrong with whips anyway

They hurt!

A lot.

Eh.

Felt like it ran its course. :p

But yeah, there is actually a whole thing when it comes to building a turntable system, but if you just want a simple setup but unsure if you can get better without breaking the bank just look into upgrading to an audio technica cartridge.

daveo42

Banned

Btw, there's a CNET review that recommends this cart replacement for that turntable. I only posted as a suggestion since I saw the deal and was also in the market for one. I plan on swapping the cart out later this year or early next.

They hurt!

A lot.

Whip = Ride/Vehicle/Automobile

Top Bottom