• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I am ready to update this .gif in 8 hours with new flashbacks.

They got this!!!

ZzQDE0K.gif

Oakinn

10-15 hours. Depends on what you do and RNG. Although the RNG isnt really that bad

EDIT: I may be wrong. 20 seems like a good bet

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'd say at least 40. It depends on how you maximize your Milestones per week. If you want to get light gear that's higher than 265, you can only get so much per week. I'm at 292 right now, and have played casually for roughly about 45 hours since launch.

That's surprisingly little.

Oakinn

You can get it done in 15, but you have to fucking know what you're doing and you usually need a second character to double gear with.

I feel after about 12 ish hours i was at 230. Then went to 260 in about 3-4 hours in one afternoon. Timing is a lot of it as well. Hitting the weekly reset helps

Persona has style but a lot of it is the menus, which you become normalized to over time.

I spent 116 hours with it and greatly enjoyed it overall but compared to the many other excellent games this year... I don't think it really ranks.

It's more than the menus. Character design, soundtrack and how it's integrated into the story (think Life Will Change), anime cutscenes, embracing the thief/heist theme, etc.

I think it should be a contender.

I feel after about 12 ish hours i was at 230. Then went to 260 in about 3-4 hours in one afternoon. Timing is a lot of it as well. Hitting the weekly reset helps

That weekly reset is a big part. I spent most of my Destiny 2 time in the first week getting to 265 which is why it took me so long (I only got that far because of the boosts from exotics I lucked out into.)

LiK

It's more than the menus. Character design, soundtrack and how it's integrated into the story (think Life Will Change), anime cutscenes, embracing the thief/heist theme, etc.

Event the loading screens have style.

Oakinn

The music is Destiny is really damn good and it's not even going to be in the convo at the end of the year. What a year for music

While its my GOTY (and will likely stay that way barring Mario completely blowing my mind), I see it getting on the list near the bottom at most.

Alex and Ben both really liked it, but most GB discussion centered on what they didn't like about it rather than what they did. No one else on staff seemed interested, and Jeff's on record saying "It literally does nothing for me." It's also not a big passion game for anyone. Alex has a bigger dog in the fight with Nier and Ben seems like he's more likely to go to bat hard for something like Battlegrounds.

Way too many good OSTs this year.

With some awesome variation. Most years with the GB staff its: Which is these games has the best bass drop?

This year we got some good bass drops, but we also got some acid jazz, classical, and really rad Epcot music (Destiny 2)

BTA

Mhmm, that's fair. That definitely adds to the style, and it should still be a contender, but I don't know how much of an impact it really left on them.

though there is the part where I don't know what happened in the anime cutscenes

BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T FUCKING SUB SOME OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES

Might still be a little bitter! Maybe!

EDIT:

Event the loading screens have style.

I appreciated them regularly reminding me how much time they were stealing from me.

While its my GOTY (and will likely stay that way barring Mario completely blowing my mind), I see it getting on the list near the bottom at most.

Alex and Ben both really liked it, but most GB discussion centered on what they didn't like about it rather than what they did. No one else on staff seemed interested, and Jeff's on record saying "It literally does nothing for me." It's also not a big passion game for anyone. Alex has a bigger dog in the fight with Nier and Ben seems like he's more likely to go to bat hard for something like Battlegrounds.

I was just talking about for best style, but yeah I recognize it won't make it far if at all on the overall list. Sucks how everyone that isn't Alex is so dismissive of it though. It starts better than 4 and say what you want about the overall cast but imo Ryuji, Ann, and Yuske are more interesting than Yosuke, Yukiko, and Chie. But whatever.

daveo42

Banned
Hmm....I feel like half this stream is them executing close enough to beat the baths. They'll be streaming again on Monday.

It'll get mentioned and will probably be in the list, but it might not take the top spot in the category.

Way too many good OSTs this year.

Nier: A is the best OST of the hear. Hands down.

I was just talking about for best style, but yeah I recognize it won't make it far if at all on the overall list. Sucks how everyone that isn't Alex is so dismissive of it though. It starts better than 4 and say what you want about the overall cast but imo Ryuji, Ann, and Yuske are more interesting than Yosuke, Yukiko, and Chie. But whatever.

Agreed on every damn count. But eh, Jeff's heart wants what it wants. And in Jeff's case, it's high schoolers with a love of kung-fu and pro-wrasslin

I really hope Snake Pass gets at least a mention during best music. David Wise is top tier

Didn't you hear? Only Dan cares about David Wise

Zaph

Sounds dumb, but as a team they really need to be shooting more. There's too much downtime, especially while running back and forth.

Good trash management is kinda the key to this fight, or you'll get swamped during the centre phase

LiK

Number 1 priority are the Bathers. Second is to just kill as many adds as possible while rotating. Don't even need to kill them all, just a few here and there. Floaters can help out whoever needs help more.

Top Bottom