• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Mupod

A few pages ago someone just posted how when Jeff comes up with an opinion he pretty much never revises it. I'm sure he also talks about how he finished it quickly and was super disappointed or something. Whereas both of those things in a new Metroidvania are totally standard (map and game length)

A couple Bombcasts ago he revealed his disdain from Monster Hunter is mostly due to a bad experience with the first game, so maybe that does line up. I've got 1500+ hours on the series and even I probably couldn't play the first one...

Valtýr

I didn't play a lot of Ruiner but the first 15-20 minutes really soured my opinion of it. Nothing about i felt right, movement was too slow and the combat felt weird and clumsy. Instant turn off.

Holy shit all this content. I've still got 2 hours left on the first Destiny raid video and now there are 2 more quicklooks to add to the list.

Almost makes up for my Vita copy of Danganronpa getting delayed. Good ol' GB, always there in my time of need. <3

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Valtýr;250404233 said:
I didn't play a lot of Ruiner but the first 15-20 minutes really soured my opinion of it. Nothing about i felt right, movement was too slow and the combat felt weird and clumsy. Instant turn off.

Hmm, just played 30 mins of ruiner and I can kinda see that at first, but I felt like I got the hang of it by the last third. Just seems like you need to get the dashing down.

Jintor

i've been enjoying metroid 2 a lot but jesus, super metroid really is a fucking incredible game huh.

brad is right. so goddamn moody.

Glad I watched this quicklook of the SNES classic. After owning an NES classic and hardly using it, I was pretty sure I didn't need the SNES.

So I watched the QL and for every game they played, I asked myself, "Do I actually want to play this myself?"

And for a large majority of the games, the answer is "definitely no."

Jintor

Huh, for some reason I've put you in the "love P5" camp.

i like the OST and some of the characters and it was pretty good japanese practice, but as a whole I think my love belongs to P4.

P5 is good, but this year good isn't enough to stand out. And the story is really just eh, and not even good eh like P4.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Valtýr;250407389 said:
that was great. another quest was to sink a hole but you could only hit the ball on the deep rough... which was fun.

I had to hit a kid in the middle of a pond with a ball so he'd get out of the pond before alligators ate him

So I think we can all confirm that golf story is good.

daveo42

Banned
Don't see P5 winning much at GB this year. Don't have a problem with that either, even though I love the game.

This just ended up being a really varied year and P5 kinda hit GB with a dull thud.

Yeah, I'm not seeing P5 getting much love from GB. It's the best Persona I've played, but I know the formula has definitely worn thin for some after three games and the game does has issues. It still sits near the top of my GotY list, but that list is also packed as is and I haven't played anything released by Nintendo this year.

This year is stacked and P5 will more than likely get lost in the shuffle come end of the year.

BTA

Persona has style but a lot of it is the menus, which you become normalized to over time.

I spent 116 hours with it and greatly enjoyed it overall but compared to the many other excellent games this year... I don't think it really ranks.

Top Bottom