• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Finally settled in and ready to watch the raid. Man, this weekend will be fun to catch up on GB content. Cuphead, Beastcast, Steamworld Dig 2 and that SNES QL. Buying Cuphead & Golf Story after the raid!

I think that today's stream will probably be a little less fun than Wednesday's, because the bath encounter doesn't seem half as fun to watch as Dogbottom.

And from what I've heard, the other two seem like a pain in the ass.

So set your expectations accordingly.

I think that today's stream will probably be a little less fun than Wednesday's, because the bath encounter doesn't seem half as fun to watch as Dogbottom.

One of the sections is a stealth section which sounds like a pain in the butt

strafer

I do like dogbottoms.

I do like dogbottoms.

image.php

Lari

I draw the line at dog bottom.
A dog bottomline if you will.

Thanks, that's my time. I'm here all week, please buy the CD on the way out.

Finally beat Horizon last night. Really enjoyed the story by the end of it! Even was taking the time to listen to audiologs and to read text based ones as well which is something I never do! Jeff was right about the story actually wrapping up and really leaving nothing in the unknown; something that has become a rarity nowadays.

However, I turned down the difficulty to the recently added "Story" difficulty. It's not that I found the game hard, it is just that I find it extremely tedious and sometimes annoying. Mind you, I would up the difficulty when fighting the large machines since those fights are when the combat is at its best, which is when you are using all the tools available to you.

I wouldn't call it GOTY as I came across a fair amount of glitches and open world jankness that had me pining for a more linear game sometimes. Again, the combat in the open world, when you are between missions, can be very annoying as well. I'm fully aware that you can pretty much just run away, but when there are tons of enemies around every corner who will chase you down (lest you have a mount), and the fact that you kinda need to fight these enemies as you'll be forgoing tons of XP, further drives home my opinion of the game's open world being kind of boring, if not, (you guessed it) annoying. Not to mention how lacking the inventory management was for so long. It was something that took Guerilla a couple of patches to bring it to the place it should have been at release. It was their first attempt at a game on this scale, so I won't really blame them for lack of QOL features. There's also things like the arbitrary limit of fast travel, making you spend "fast travel packs" until you buy an item that let's you fast travel as much as you like. Although, it's not like I really ran out of packs (it was only something that happened at the end of the game).

Overall, I enjoyed the experience and really want to thank Guerilla for adding the Story mode as it allowed me to finish the rest of the game pretty fast. I might come back to it with a new game plus save and really get into it, knowing all the caveats and upgrades I should use/get.

Who's ready?

BONESAW IS REEADY!

I should've tried to grab Bonesaw for a username.

Finally beat Horizon last night. Really enjoyed the story by the end of it! Even was taking the time to listen to audiologs and to read text based ones as well which is something I never do! Jeff was right about the story actually wrapping up and really leaving nothing in the unknown; something that has become a rarity nowadays.

However, I turned down the difficulty to the recently added "Story" difficulty. It's not that I found the game hard, it is just that I find it extremely tedious and sometimes annoying. Mind you, I would up the difficulty when fighting the large machines since those fights are when the combat is at its best, which is when you are using all the tools available to you.

I wouldn't call it GOTY as I came across a fair amount of glitches and open world jankness that had me pining for a more linear game sometimes. Again, the combat in the open world, when you are between missions, can be very annoying as well. I'm fully aware that you can pretty much just run away, but when there are tons of enemies around every corner who will chase you down (lest you have a mount), and the fact that you kinda need to fight these enemies as you'll be forgoing tons of XP, further drives home my opinion of the game's open world being kind of boring, if not, (you guessed it) annoying. Not to mention how lacking the inventory management was for so long. It was something that took Guerilla a couple of patches to bring it to the place it should have been at release. It was their first attempt at a game on this scale, so I won't really blame them for lack of QOL features. There's also things like the arbitrary limit of fast travel, making you spend "fast travel packs" until you buy an item that let's you fast travel as much as you like. Although, it's not like I really ran out of packs (it was only something that happened at the end of the game).

Overall, I enjoyed the experience and really want to thank Guerilla for adding the Story mode as it allowed me to finish the rest of the game pretty fast. I might come back to it with a new game plus save and really get into it, knowing all the caveats and upgrades I should use/get.

I totally get a whole lot of this, particularly the points about a whole lot of the combat getting stale unless fighting the giant beasts (at which point combat is AMAZING). I do appreciate how, unlike most video games, the story for Horizon only gets better as you continue through it. Most games have big third-act problems. Horizon's late game makes any slog at the beginning worth it.

Hindl

Is there a petition for a Dan playthough of FFVI. Because there should be.
Dan/Abby co-op Secret of Mana playthrough

Also instead of on UPF, Ben(/Rorie/others) should do a semi-regular series that's basically Load Our Last Save where he tries to beat the final level of old games he never finished

LiK

I do love that they seem to be fixated on "Dog bottom" cuz dogs are gonna be burned into their brains after today.

Oakinn

I started my 2nd playthru of the raid last night with 3 people who had not seen it yet. 280-299 power for the whole group. We finished the gauntlet and the baths in about 45 mins.

paul187

Dan/Abby co-op Secret of Mana playthrough

Also instead of on UPF, Ben(/Rorie/others) should do a semi-regular series that's basically Load Our Last Save where he tries to beat the final level of old games he never finished

They could stick a 3rd person in there.

Figuring out raids is way more fun than it looks. If they didn't glitch at the end of the gauntlet it would have been so different.

Oh, I'm aware, I just wanted to hear Odysseus's explanation.

EDIT:

Stockholm Syndrome

I think I kinda agree, but I do also agree with all users who say that it's also amazing when you figure out a portion of the Raid. I love/hate Destiny too much for my own good.

Top Bottom