• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of the gundams in Gundam Versus has a move where he literally does a shanking animation

something about seeing a giant gundam shanking a suit is the funniest shit

AaronMT86

All I see

250px-WizpigDS.PNG

BTA

Definitely just got walked in on by someone inspecting apartments because I didn't hear them open the door due to my headphones.

honestly my room being a mess is probably the more awkward part

Teddified

my main problem during these figure out sections is that brad doesn't really feel like he contributes until everything is figured out then he leads them.

jaina

my main problem during these figure out sections is that brad doesn't really feel like he contributes until everything is figured out then he leads them.

Brad is contributing to chat during the "figure out sections". (Thanks Death Metalist for posting some)
Vinny should edit these messages into the video before uploading it. I'm sure he won't mind a 20 hour rerender.

Mupod

As someone who has raided extensively in WoW as well as a ton in TTK-era Destiny, the sensitivity towards 'spoilers' took me off guard.

In WoW, you're expected to have read up and watched videos on every fight. Not everyone does it, but at the very least you'll have a few dedicated players who studied or even did the fight on PTR and can explain it well.

I've never been good at reading or watching but I learn very fast by doing the encounter myself. But I still feel obligated to at least read over the mechanics, and I started doing this before going into the King's Fall raid but my group actually got pissed when I mentioned reading up. I was completely baffled by this especially considering the absurdly obtuse nature of some of the mechanics and puzzles.

That said, I kind of get why. The moment when the 'real' Oryx fight starts was very memorable and none of us expected it. It was kind of fun puzzling some of that stuff out. But the only reason you can get away with it is because Destiny raids are small scale and comparatively easy compared to a traditional WoW raid.

I'm holding off on watching GB play it because I guess Destiny players rubbed off on me. But I'll be bringing WoW players into the raid and I'd imagine they will be like I was, and just look everything up because they'd feel like they were holding the group back if they didn't.

Top Bottom