• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddamn.

You know at this point they probably could get it done sooner by just playing in 4 hour chunks because after that point you're too gone mentally to actually play well.

swimbuff

Things I could do in the time I spent watching the Destiny 2 streams:

1. Level 2 alt characters to 290 from scratch in Destiny 2
2. Complete a playthrough of Uncharted 4
3. Fly to another country, have lunch there, and come back
4. Binge-watch the whole season of American Gods

Instead I spent my time with Giant Bomb.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Things I could do in the time I spent watching the Destiny 2 streams:

1. Level 2 alt characters to 290 from scratch in Destiny 2
2. Complete a playthrough of Uncharted 4
3. Fly to another country, have lunch there, and come back
4. Binge-watch the whole season of American Gods

Instead I spent my time with Giant Bomb.

I mean you could be doing all those while watching the raid!

Except probably like watch american gods.

Harpuia

Goddamn.

You know at this point they probably could get it done sooner by just playing in 4 hour chunks because after that point you're too gone mentally to actually play well.

I really do think it'd be better if they did this once every day this week. They don't have to subject themselves to these nearly entire day slogs, plus they can do other shows. Ones with more sun, perhaps.

robotrock

Banned
I mean I wouldn't play uncharted 4 at all.

So probably not.

wow. can you walk that one back a little please? thanks, trying to feel good about my PS4 purchase.

anyways yeah i think all the good parts of uncharted 4 would be lost if you were half watching/playing it with the destiny stream. you don't play those games for the running around or anything

BTA

I just made delicious homemade buffalo tenders and I feel incredibly powerful right now.

Easy cooking even I can pull off is wonderful.

robotrock

Banned
Cooking is dope.

Where's my giant bomb cooking channel

Giant Feast

half of the time I think this is a good idea and the other half I don't think I could actually watch it. Like, obviously Dan is crazy about food, but Jeff is no slouch either. New hire Ben eats bananas with ketchup

edit: Though I think Vinny hosted cooking show would be great. I still watch that corn tortilla video from time to time

BTA

How'd you do it?

I do chicken wings via the oven

In the oven, yeah. Just followed this recipe.

I'm still bad at prep and should have gotten more of the sauce ready to go when I put the tenders in the oven so that I could clean while things finished, so I have too many things to clean up after I eat, but still.

We could have had a cooking with Vinny stream with Alex drumming out in the background and Abby playing though scary games but nooooooooo 17 hours of Destiny

swimbuff

Yeah like an idiot I watched the stream and did nothing else.

To be fair I joined the stream at 3am after getting back from a Friday night out and I couldn't be bothered to have done anything else while watching.

hOjAhX8.png

Jintor

half of the time I think this is a good idea and the other half I don't think I could actually watch it. Like, obviously Dan is crazy about food, but Jeff is no slouch either. New hire Ben eats bananas with ketchup

edit: Though I think Vinny hosted cooking show would be great. I still watch that corn tortilla video from time to time

I think Vinny teaching Abby and Dan how to cook, but only after Dan 'experiments' or recounts a story of cooking disaster

A Dynasty Warriors game with raids on the PSP

Bungie is behind the times even compared to fucking Omega Force

They're even behind Nintendo. Know how in Splatoon you can just deal with things through the menu and skip the hub if you want? Not in Destiny's much bigger hub. Plus you can't access your vault unless you're in one specific place, you need to go through multiple loading screens to change gear in some circumstances.

From what I heard, this was close to Monster Hunter in terms of how the combat against monsters felt.

That sounds like the greatest Musou game ever.

Realistically if they do try the boss again on Monday, they should try the exploit, then they might have a chance; could even finish it in like half an hour.

They're even behind Nintendo. Know how in Splatoon you can just deal with things through the menu and skip the hub if you want? Not in Destiny's much bigger hub. Plus you can't access your vault unless you're in one specific place, you need to go through multiple loading screens to change gear in some circumstances.

That sounds like the greatest Musou game ever.

No one actually uses the vault to change gear. People just use Destiny Item Manager.

Oxirane

Everything I have seen about that new Harmonix DropMix game makes me think it would be a fun "Unplugged" stream. It is basically a fancy board game

Imagining all the fun/interesting things they could have tried instead of the all comsuming black hole that is Destiny 2 makes me sad.

I subscribed mainly because of Unplugged (and Alt-F1), and would be pretty disappointed if they chose this years piece of Unplugged content to be DropMix.

At least next year it's possible there could be
(there won't be)
a couple hundred hours of Monster Hunter content.

No one actually uses the vault to change gear. People just use Destiny Item Manager.

It shouldn't be down to third party phone apps to cover basic shit. It's the equivalent to Nintendo's team speak bullshit. Just let people access it in game through menus because you already let them access it at any time in the app. How does that not make sense? I'd love for any games journalist to actually ask how that makes any fucking sense.

It shouldn't be down to third party phone apps to cover basic shit. It's the equivalent to Nintendo's team speak bullshit. Just let people access it in game through menus because you already let them access it at any time in the app. How does that not make sense? I'd love for any games journalist to actually ask how that makes any fucking sense.

I mean yeah, it'd be nice if they did that. But I'd still rather use the third party app because it's much faster to move gear around using a mouse/touch screen than using a controller.

Jintor

nobody uses the functions splatoon offers on the phone (except ordering shit from splatnet and occasionally sharing match performance deets)

Top Bottom