• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Do you think Bungie saw people finding ways to solo Destiny 1 raids and just went "fuck you all. Lets go all the way stupid with overly complex team strats and copy / paste them all 4 times each just for a extra fuck you"

The D1 raids seemed much better paced then this wreck.

strafer

4fUyILig.jpg

Broken Abby

A Giant Bomber without a Destiny.

daveo42

Banned
Think that's what Vinny was trying to figure it out. He wanted West to take over but Jeff said it would maybe be all home streams? idk

I think if push comes to shove, Jeff will just stream his PoV on the site and then upload it from home. He's done it before, just not for a cross-coast stream.

BTA

Well, that was fun for the experience of seeing them all work together like that even it changed the course of what I was gonna do today.

It's making me think even more about trying to get into Monster Hunter World as a game to actually play co-op with people.

Everything I have seen about that new Harmonix DropMix game makes me think it would be a fun "Unplugged" stream. It is basically a fancy board game

Imagining all the fun/interesting things they could have tried instead of the all comsuming black hole that is Destiny 2 makes me sad.

tuxfool

Banned
I don't even know what to say. I thought for like a minute for a subtle Destiny 2 diss but I can't. This is just sad. 17 hours.

Yeah. Never mind the those depressing total runtimes of shows that were actually interesting, this week we lost SMS and whatever GBE would do on a friday.

It would have been a waste of time, even had they succeeded.

Kalor

I didn't watch everything but I'm glad they did this for a change of pace. It was fun to watch even if they had lost all morale by the end.

Gobias

Banned
You know there are actually people who requested them to stream the raid. I didn't care, but whatever. Not every piece of content has to appeal to you.

Also, saying this proves they should be able to put out this amount of hours each week doesn't apply. The East coast has stayed hours past normal work hours to do this.

BTA

Literally the moment the stream ended I was notified my Walmart SNES order charged and was shipped.

a curse was lifted

BTA

You know there are actually people who requested them to stream the raid. I didn't care, but whatever. Not every piece of content has to appeal to you.

Also, saying this proves they should be able to put out this amount of hours each week doesn't apply. The East coast has stayed hours past normal wok hours to do this.

Yeah, this is a good point. Though I think they usually start/end later than 9-5.

Starting next week Giant Bomb says "Going forward we are keeping one of these video combinations. The other options you'll never see again."

Your choices are :

D2 Raids + Quick Looks
ThursDOTA + Playdates
UPF + Whatever idea Beast is running like SMS/X-Com Corps

So if you want them to keep Quick Looks, you have to deal with D2 every week, and never see any other content category again in those other options.

Choose wisely.

Rainmaker

Banned
Mad props to them for sticking with it. I am really enjoying these streams. Seeing them all work together and not give up through the BS is endearing content.

Wunder

I think if push comes to shove, Jeff will just stream his PoV on the site and then upload it from home. He's done it before, just not for a cross-coast stream.

yeah the studio stream isn't that much different from a home stream, apart from getting it up on the site is probably easier and in-studio shots during breaks are funny. Worst case scenario they just all stream from home Monday night and find some way to rip the VOD and put it on the site.

Dineren

Banned
You could hear Vinny's heart break when Abby said Monday. Poor guy :(

I tuned in a few times during the day and managed to catch the end, I think I'll stay a casual destiny player and never do a raid

Raiding isn't for everyone (especially this one apparently), but within a few weeks there will be people leading raids that will clearly explain the mechanics of each encounter (and more importantly your role) and will make sure everyone succeeds in a reasonable amount of time. It's up to you, but your experience certainly doesn't have to end up like theirs.

loki 16

Do you think Bungie saw people finding ways to solo Destiny 1 raids and just went "fuck you all. Lets go all the way stupid with overly complex team strats and copy / paste them all 4 times each just for a extra fuck you"

People have already 2 man the last boss.

That and "oh you want matchmaking for raids? Lets kill that dream right now" lol

Gobias

Banned
I'd ask who said that?

Yeah, the whole spend 16 hours this week just playing this raid is totally fine, but ask them to even remotely spend any time with features people want and you get "they have meetings all week, you can't expect them to stream for more than a few hours a week" thing is bullcrap. Meetings isn't an excuse if they can play Battlgrounds and win this week, plus two FULL days of streaming and put out a few QLs and a 2.5 hour SNES stream. I hope someone calls them out in the aftershow next week which leads to either continue some of the forgotten content or for west to actually step up and do something more than complain that they don't have a 2nd video producer and barely put out 1/3rd of the content East does.

so the last 2 days of possible content has been replace with 18hrs of destiny? great

Imagine a 16 hour cross coast live stream with anything other than Destiny.

think of all the other, better things they could do with 16, 17 hours set aside for content

I don't see the point of calling out specific posts but it's easy to read some of these as saying that. Maybe they're not, I don't know

tuxfool

Banned
I don't see the point of calling out specific posts but it's easy to read some of these as saying that. Maybe they're not, I don't know

Nobody in those comments is asking them to play 16 hours a week. They're just asking for 16 hours of better content in the place of this turd.

Xyrmellon

I didn't see the end with them defeated, but count me as someone who totally wanted to see this. I enjoy both offices working together, and most of the time it was fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Someone already two-manned the boss fight so... yeah. lol

Gobias

Banned
I never said that I expect them to put out 17 hours of video content every week? What kind of madman would want that.
That's fair I may have misread your post I'm a little tired.

17 hours of Destiny is still better than 4 hours of Gears of War hoard mode. Now, that's a boring stream.

Zaph

I didn't see the end with them defeated, but count me as someone who totally wanted to see this. I enjoy both offices working together, and most of the time it was fun.

I enjoy when they're in with a chance, but they were just throwing themselves at a wall with Calus. Brad should have called it hours ago - he knew the fight, their gear level, and that they were unlikely to make up the difference with skill.

Jintor

what i've learned from this is that destiny is a bad game for bad people which is why we here at giant bomb dot com like it

dhlt25

That's fair I may have misread your post I'm a little tired.

17 hours of Destiny is still better than 4 hours of Gears of War hoard mode. Now, that's a boring stream.

I think you misread everyone's post there. All I'm saying is Destiny is boring as shit to watch I'd much rather watch the regular content they would have put out on thurs and friday.

Top Bottom