• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

BTA

Realistically if they do try the boss again on Monday, they should try the exploit, then they might have a chance; could even finish it in like half an hour.

What exploit is this?

I subscribed mainly because of Unplugged (and Alt-F1), and would be pretty disappointed if they chose this years piece of Unplugged content to be DropMix.

At least next year it's possible there could be
(there won't be)
a couple hundred hours of Monster Hunter content.

As always I will be sad about the fact that we don't have Unplugged with Beast playing more DMless games. Maybe if things work out well with the next Beastcast holiday game (assuming we get that), it could lead to them wanting to play more... though I'm not sure how they're gonna handle 2 more people being involved as is, since that's beyond what most of that kind of game support as far as I know.

And yeah, realistically I'm gonna play it for a week or two but as someone who's looking forward to World as a Destiny-esque game I could actually see myself getting into with friends, I'd be down for MonHunday streams.

nobody uses the functions splatoon offers on the phone (except ordering shit from splatnet and occasionally sharing match performance deets)

I ordered a VERY cool jacket once.

though I haven't played Splat2 in a month or so cause I was away during the last splatfest

I should get some Salmon Run in because that's apparently the only mode I play

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Only because they made it such a pain in the ass to use lmao.

Onto beastcast stuff, it is kinda tragic how quick Abby is to assume that Dan will scam her lmao.

What exploit is this?

In the Shadow dimension you can stick to the right side and get stuck on some platforms near the end, so you don't even have to bother with calling out signs, or worrying about "old men", you just have to be good at sniping projections.

Thanks to that exploit this boss is beatable with only 2 people.

BTA

I've no interest in Destiny. At all. But are these vids fun for watching west and east getting frustrated? Cuz I'll watch for that :p

I mean, for me it was more just both coasts interacting being fun.

Though I'm not sure I'll go back to watch what I missed, since I only jumped in like 2 hours in today and saw none of Wednesday's. Maybe when I play more Golf Story...

robotrock

Banned
I've no interest in Destiny. At all. But are these vids fun for watching west and east getting frustrated? Cuz I'll watch for that :p

Wait for someone to make a 17 minute long super cut. I'm someone who can handle The Passion of the Christ but Giant Bomb tackling the raid was way too fucked up for me.

uLqhwoT.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You know the first few levels aren't that bad and it eases you into the rhythm of the game

Then you get to world 2 and 3 and the amount of platforming while fighting bosses increases dramatically on top of trying to line up your shots while a million things fly at you and watching for things to parry with only 3 units of health in solo mode and you slowly go insane.

I've played 12 minutes of Cuphead and already don't want to play anymore. I wish it just had a baby easy mode so I can just look at it all and not get pounded into the dirt.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, in a way that it is kind of a shame that an art style that has a wide appeal to a wide variety of people has gameplay that only a niche few can enjoy.

I think I'm part of that niche though.

Antiwhippy

Like honestly I can see cuphead getting best visuals & then P5 getting best style. They seem to have different rules regarding both

Antiwhippy

Thing is they've never been shy to put stuff like cuphead onto best visuals over the more traditionally "best visuals" kind of games.

Like I remember them putting fucking proteus on the list.

Thing is they've never been shy to put stuff like cuphead onto best visuals over the more traditionally "best visuals" kind of games.

Like I remember them putting fucking proteus on the list.
Wow, the Witness completely wiped any memory of this game for me, only now did I even remeber it existed at one point.

The audio/visual presentation puts it way above P5 in my estimation. P5 is sweet in the same way that P3 was sweet but with a less sweet opening theme. Cuphead nails its aesthetic and audio in an unthinkable way. A game like Skullgirls will hit the nostalgia with the announcer and themes but Cuphead actually feels like an old Micky cartoon. It's ridiculous.

Antiwhippy

I know, I'm saying that it'll win best visuals. :p

I feel like for styyyyyyyyle it's more about a game hitting a tone even if the visuals aren't great.

edit: oh that's right they somehow gave fucking galak-z best styyyyyyle.

AUUUUUUUUSTIIIIIIIIN.

I feel like for styyyyyyyyle it's more about a game hitting a tone even if the visuals aren't great.

AUUUUUUUUSTIIIIIIIIN.

Hey man
That was a really cool pause menu

Teddified

AUUUUUUUUSTIIIIIIIIN.

They really liked the pause screen....I think that was about it.

Antiwhippy

I'm pretty sure hotline miami 2 had the exact same pause screen that year too.

All I'm saying is Cuphead shouldn't aim for a chump award that galak-z can win.

It should go all the way with best visuals.

Teddified

I'm pretty sure hotline miami 2 had the exact same pause screen that year too.

All I'm saying is Cuphead shouldn't aim for a chump award that galak-z can win.

It should go all the way with best visuals.

It's lucky DBZ isn't coming out this year, though since they already acknowledged them with guilty gear maybe it wouldn't have as much power.

Top Bottom