• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

daveo42

Banned
How are the people in the throne room dying so much? I can understand spooky slide because some straight up bullshit happens in there, but the people in the throne don't seem to be taking cover enough when their health is low.

Damage output is too low. Alex isn't doing as much damage as needed and Jeff seems to be hugging the left side to make up for it.

How are the people in the throne room dying so much? I can understand spooky slide because some straight up bullshit happens in there, but the people in the throne don't seem to be taking cover enough when their health is low.

I think they just picked up a bunch of bad habits in their time playing through the bulk of the content that they keep trying to do in the raid. Jeff for instance goes for melee kills a lot and it isn't a great idea to get into the fray in the raid because you just get swarmed from all angles.

LifEndz

That melee health regeneration has Jeff playing really recklessly. You gotta stop trying to melee an orange bar enemy.

Havok

Yeah - they're long past the point of mechanics being their problem. They're just not proficient enough at the combat, and it's causing deaths that leave them with no margin for error. By the time the boss starts charging up for his wipe attack, there should be zero enemies left in the throne room.

xuchu

I think they just picked up a bunch of bad habits in their time playing through the bulk of the content that they keep trying to do in the raid. Jeff for instance goes for melee kills a lot and it isn't a great idea to getting far into the fray in the raid because you just get swarmed from all angles.

Yeah, like what is going on the melees? Constantly trying to melee big yellow enemies and then "how did I die". He's got a merciless, just use it to blow them up.

Oakinn

The spooky slide is extremely punishing. One fuck-up is all it takes to cause a wipe.

Ben has the right idea pre-aiming the psions but sometimes one person needs to kill two psions because someone will have their line of sight blocked by a ramp. It's pretty hectic.

Left kills right
Right kills left.

You do that and you're fine

It's always worked in my groups but for some reason Abby shot that idea down and said she couldn't see the psions on other side.

I stay on left for slide and there's only one psion I can't see right away (left, middle or right) during the whole thing.

Oh, and they should take care of those dogs before they get on a platform. They often give ammo.

LifEndz

Yeah, I don't think they're going to get it tonight. Too much sloppy play. Maybe trying again after the reset once Abbie and Alex gain higher power level, although I don't think they'll want to do this again.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I don't think they're going to get it tonight. Too much sloppy play. Maybe trying again after the reset once Abbie and Alex gain higher power level, although I don't think they'll want to do this again.

They would have to do everything again.

It's either tonight, or they don't do it. Jeff at least won't.

xuchu

They're 100% not trying the entire thing again.

kai3345

Banned
I've just been checking in periodically here and there, but why do they have to say the spooky symbols in order? They seem to have died multiple times due to the third person not hearing the second person's symbol, and as such not saying their symbol in time. So why can't everyone just blurt their symbols at the same time to be more efficient?

edit - I should probably mention I've never played Destiny

They are, uh, not doing a lot of damage even with a large amount of stacks. Any titans in the group should use half-wall for instant reload. Super useful when using rockets. And warlocks should use empowering rift.

xuchu

I've just been checking in periodically here and there, but why do they have to say the spooky symbols in order? They seem to have died multiple times due to the third person not hearing the second person's symbol, and as such not saying their symbol in time. So why can't everyone just blurt their symbols at the same time to be more efficient?

Then they simply would be talking over each other and the people in throne room wouldn't be able to properly hear them. The throne room people need to punch the old man that corresponds to the one NOT called out.

kai3345

Banned
Then they simply be talking over each other and the people in throne room wouldn't be able to properly hear them. The throne room people need to punch the old man that corresponds to the one NOT called out.

Yeah I got that. It just seemed weird that there were a number of times that someone was waiting on Alex to call, when they could have filled that gap by calling their symbol.

valeo

edit - I should probably mention I've never played Destiny

Because everyone talking at the same time would sound like ghtabttbatbagobletfsafsafbaxes?

molnizzle

Yeah I got that. It just seemed weird that there were a number of times that someone was waiting on Alex to call, when they could have filled that gap by calling their symbol.

Issue is if you don't have an order, everyone talks over each other and throne room can't hear anything.

It's just important for everyone in shadow realm to pay attention and call their symbols immediately and in order.

Top Bottom