• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

LifEndz

Damn. I feel so bad for them. This is really going to sour some of them on the game. I hope Luke and the rest of his team are watching this. The amount of mechanics aside, some of the shit in the Callus fight is just cheap and kinda beneath what they should be capable of with several raids under their belt.

I'm pulling for these guys tho.

Edit: Okay, now I'm not so sure Bungie is as culpable as I thought they were. Watching these guys and they're just playing way too recklessly.

I haven't watched much tonight (tuned in to catch abby securing her place as GB's most lewd millenial, she's the best) but this thing seems like a good combo of tedious encounter design, generally poor game design, and some bad luck

it doesn't seem like they're playing badly anymore like they were at hour 6 of the last night, what's the deal right now?

xanavi

What's making it so hard to execute?

The spooky slide is extremely punishing. One fuck-up is all it takes to cause a wipe.

Ben has the right idea pre-aiming the psions but sometimes one person needs to kill two psions because someone will have their line of sight blocked by a ramp. It's pretty hectic.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mmm alright, I thought it would just be them not aiming good.

Are them flying off the wall to their ends msotly their fault or just shitty physics?

Harpuia

What's making it so hard to execute?

At first, they were fine. They switched up Ben and Alex for the shadow realm and he needed a bit of time to get the timing of calling out the symbols.

Not exactly sure what the root cause of the problems is now. Apparently they're not killing psions quick enough in the realm, which then pop them up. But from what I've been listening, everytime they fail the realm it's because someone got inexplicably popped over the barrier or someone dies.

Joeku

Are them flying off the wall to their ends msotly their fault or just shitty physics?

Part of it is the design of the spooky slide encouraging that. Part of it is janky programming/netcode fucking them. Part of it is they aren't great.

So...like half their fault there?

xuchu

Bit of both. Although they really, really should also use their power weapons on the yellow bar enemies instead of plinking away with primaries.

LifEndz

How are the people in the throne room dying so much? I can understand spooky slide because some straight up bullshit happens in there, but the people in the throne don't seem to be taking cover enough when their health is low.

xuchu

How are the people in the throne room dying so much? I can understand spooky slide because some straight up bullshit happens in there, but the people in the throne don't seem to be taking cover enough when their health is low.

They are just bad and don't know how to efficiently kill enemies.

Top Bottom