• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

he didnt level up
so it would still be his fault

But he's in the portal! You don't need high light to beat the portal!

DOG!
GOBLET!
AXES!

i'm very confused.

This part of the Raid is real weird, especially when watching from only one perspective. Essentially they kill the mobs at the start, giant blob monster throws them all into a portal, in the portal three of the guardians jump into the three balls in front of the crew while the rest stay behind. The three behind call out the symbol they see in giant blob monster's head, the three in the throne kill the glowing old man sitting on the symbol that wasn't called by the portal guys, repeat three times, then a bunch of skulls pour out of blob monster's mouth in the portal, guardians in the portal shoot the skulls, everyone gets transported over to the throne room, everybody shoots the giant blob monster until the phase ends, then repeat everything over again.

If Destiny 2's Raid light level range is to 260-280 why it is so hard to for Alex and abey? It makes no sense.

because the last fight requires a minimum of 280 to do without a struggle

its the same thing destiny has always done. The recommended light level is for the first few encounters, and by the last one it ratchets it up to the maximum.

Heroman

Banned
Because it's 260 at the start, and 280 at the end. Where they are now. It ramps up in difficulty.

Makes complete sense.
But the raid doesn't give gear to make you 280 by the end of the fight. If it almost impossible to complete the raid at sub 280 then why just make it 280 only.

Harpuia

because the last fight requires a minimum of 280 to do without a struggle

its the same thing destiny has always done. The recommended light level is for the first few encounters, and by the last one it ratchets it up to the maximum.

I get that the devs probably had to straddle the line between challenging and being too easy, but from what I've seen, damage input does not seem to be their issue here. They did a sizeable chunk of damage against Calus. The part in the shadow realm is so asinine and unnecessarily up to luck.

They sometimes get popped up because of small ramps, or sometimes they just seem to phase through the barriers. Plus the weird glitchiness that Alex was having with the symbols resetting?? That part is unforgiving but for all the wrong reasons. Cobble that up with their execution issues, its making this part really difficult!

Also looks like Dan's getting a lil spicy.

Harpuia

lmfao they really are gonna bring in a ringer.

Man they're going to have a rough time when they get to the part where they have to fish to get calus to choke to his death

Zocano

But the raid doesn't give gear to make you 280 by the end of the fight. If it almost impossible to complete the raid at sub 280 then why just make it 280 only.

It does technically drop gear that will level you up, the % chance to get it is just shit.

What exploit?

What exploit?

Eh
Not really an exploit but cheese? and may have been patched? Idk. One person in the spooky area slides towards the end and blocks themselves from going over by tucking behind some geometry. They could still kill and make call outs? Someone posted a video of it a few pages ago.

Though now that I think about it they would likely run out of revive tokens.

Oakinn

I get that the devs probably had to straddle the line between challenging and being too easy, but from what I've seen, damage input does not seem to be their issue here. They did a sizeable chunk of damage against Calus. The part in the shadow realm is so asinine and unnecessarily up to luck.

They sometimes get popped up because of small ramps, or sometimes they just seem to phase through the barriers. Plus the weird glitchiness that Alex was having with the symbols resetting?? That part is unforgiving but for all the wrong reasons. Cobble that up with their execution issues, its making this part really difficult!

Also looks like Dan's getting a lil spicy.

They're getting popped up by the guys they aren't shooting in time. I've spent hours on this raid and the shadow realm is the easy part

xuchu

Eh
Not really an exploit but cheese? and may have been patched? Idk. One person in the spooky area slides towards the end and blocks themselves from going over by tucking behind some geometry. They could still kill and make call outs? Someone posted a video of it a few pages ago.

Though now that I think about it they would likely run out of revive tokens.

Yes, I know about about that but it's actually very hard to do as you have to constantly fight against the sliding and only works for one person in shadow realm. It made the 2 man run possible but it certainly wouldn't make it standard 6 man run any easier. The reason they are wiping are stupid destiny physics and even if one person suddenly got better to use that spot, the two others would have to do what they are doing. And I'm pretty sure they can't make callouts as they'll fly off when turning around.

The 2 man run is not as easy as it looks.

Top Bottom