• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I can listen to Austin talk forever. Dude's got the perfect balance of smarts and humor, and he knows exactly when to be warm and friendly and when to start spitting hot fire. I know there's still a decent portion in the games enthusiast audience that thinks there can still be "too much politics talk" in games discourse, but I'm all for it.

I mean when the old white boys club can talk about being man children with their dumb college escapades and alcohol-fueled adventures and the garbage food and beverages they consume, black folk can talk openly about being anime nerds and queer women can joke about which video game characters fuck and both can dump on shitty privileged pop stars. Gimme all of that.

I also just love it more when the random asides get balanced by thoughtful analysis of video games!

True that Jeff and Brad bring that industry vet insight when talking about the industry at large, and they have a good handle when it comes to breaking down the bare mechanics of games in genres they're into.

also people clown on ep 5 of life is strange way too hard count me in with classic gbeast who liked it well enough apart from the forced stealth section and the villain hamming it up in the beginning

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lost it at abby complaining about sonic being too hard and confusing then vinny and bakalar being like 'oh my young kid loves playing sonic mania'

freetacos

So what's the deal with this place? Just a neogaf community that enjoys giantbomb? How is this more popular than GB's actual forums? How did this get started?

Sorry, I'm new here. Changes scares me.

BTA

Oh shit, Playdate's in <20 minutes, isn't it? I was waiting for a bag of rice to be delivered before I actually made lunch but I guess I gotta get on that ASAP.

So what's the deal with this place? Just a neogaf community that enjoys giantbomb? How is this more popular than GB's actual forums? How did this get started?

Welcome!

We probably won't bite.

Teddified

#1 place to hate on UPF.

Welcome! Just a bunch of GB fans with divergent opinions really.

Wunder

we're a bunch of drug addicts that need giant bomb content to survive

after 24 hours without any content we go into withdrawal and start yelling about things

freetacos

we're a bunch of drug addicts that need giant bomb content to survive

after 24 hours without any content we go into withdrawal and start yelling about things

I've been falling asleep to Steal My Sunshine videos recently and been having terrifying nightmares of not being in control of my life. It's all coming together.

Ashby

If you want to talk about GOTY year-round then boy, is this the place for you.

Welcome! Only one rule of GBGAF, and that boils down to "Try not to be a dick!"

This rule is broken fourteen times a page.

goty deliberations is single-handedly my favorite gb content and 50% of the fun is following them throughout the year and seeing what they are into and trying to bet on what they will choose. it's why they are totally going to do gotg deliberations next summer for their 10th anniversary.

Teddified

So finally predictions on Playdate game?

Is Alex back? Maybe they'll do the GTA Online.

Destiny or Knack is my guess, unless they go back to the well and do an older game.

I could see them playing some Sonic to teach Abby about it too but I wouldn't put that guess too high up.

I enjoy GOTY prediction chatter, but I don't blame others who find it a bit exhausting.

The solution, though, is to do what I do when things get mean or creepy: change the subject! Pose a decent enough question targeted at everyone and often the gears switch.

I guess... There is a bit of a learning curve to the game. Cause I remember as a kid playing Sonic 1. I died a lot on the second level because you had to be mindful of the lava, so I just wanted to play the first level over and over.

But after a bit got the hang of the flow of the game, and started to have fun and got farther in the game (could never beat it tho). Hopefully Abby can stick through the rough start and gets to enjoy it.

Sonic 1's kinda rough. There's nothing anywhere near as bad as Labyrinth Zone in Mania.

And just like that

DJOKoLkUIAAofru.jpg

TheChits

I've been listening to Day 5 of the 2015 goty deliberations and Austin's defense of Invisible Inc. was great. Hopefully someone on the staff is that passionate about a game this year

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

well first, lose the pants.

second, get a 40.

c, order in some food and get comfortable.

welcome to flavor town.

Top Bottom