• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Look, I can accept that people don’t always recognise the true majesty of the Galaxy games, but calling their soundtracks “standard orchestral soundtracks” is a motherfucking OUTRAGE.

SOUNDTRACKS OF THE DECADE

Zocano

Banjo-Tooie is trash, and hewing closer to that style instead of BK's ruined Yooka-Laylee.

You should replay Tooie if you think it's like Yooka-Laylee. Kazooie is much more the "collectathon" than Tooie which is much more smaller puzzle oriented challenges and world/level connectivity.

Look, I can accept that people don’t always recognise the true majesty of the Galaxy games, but calling their soundtracks “standard orchestral soundtracks” is a motherfucking OUTRAGE.

SOUNDTRACKS OF THE DECADE

Snooze me to sleep.

vVPQMLF.png

BTA

I wonder if Sunshine or the Beastcast will provide a title to upset Big Corn.

Or if the thread will even last long enough for that to happen first.

I've (probably just for the near future) inherited my GF's iPad Mini. Are there any apps you guys would recommend for someone still not totally sure all the ways I can use this thing? Probably wouldn't bother recommending games because I don't fuck with that.

oti

Banned
I've (probably just for the near future) inherited my GF's iPad Mini. Are there any apps you guys would recommend for someone still not totally sure all the ways I can use this thing? Probably wouldn't bother recommending games because I don't fuck with that.

Duolingo, maybe? How's your German going along anyway?

Duolingo, maybe? How's your German going along anyway?

Ha fine, I need to read my book today. I can form basic sentences just fine (like talk about how there were too many people at Oktoberfest).

I actually will check out the iPad Duolingo app.

The Mario Galaxy games are timeless. You could release them today, they'd wipe the floor with 99% of games currently released.

I definitely agree with that :D. I would be cool with a remaster of them.

Is Kingdom Heartache dead

Nope, they teased it by showing a KH strategy guide near the end of the PC build stream. Probably haven't had time with interviews, the raid, etc.

If PUBG doesn't hit 1.0 this year I hope they keep it off the GOTY talks... Not just for this game, but because moving forward into the future what do they consider "finished" enough to be talked about in GOTY. Is Dead Cells eligible this year also, if not why? Will it be eligible next year also? What about Fortnight?

Like I get the argument that PUBG won't change much from early access to actual release. But then it will be a judgement call every year moving forward about which "early access" games are eligible... I like the idea that a game must hit 1.0 (or official release) just to make it simple even if it does mean some games get screwed.

drabnon

If PUBG doesn't hit 1.0 this year I hope they keep it off the GOTY talks... Not just for this game, but because moving forward into the future what do they consider "finished" enough to be talked about in GOTY. Is Dead Cells eligible this year also? What about Fortnight?

Like I get the argument that PUBG won't change much from early access to actual release. But then it will be a judgement call every year moving forward about which "early access" games are eligible...

I’m almost certain Jeff said that if it doesn’t release this year they won’t consider it. But also that he wants to have a discussion about unfinished games. Think this was on the bombcast after PAX

You should replay Tooie if you think it's like Yooka-Laylee. Kazooie is much more the "collectathon" than Tooie which is much more smaller puzzle oriented challenges and world/level connectivity.

I've played all of those games within the last few years.

BK is a pretty tight game. You can get everything in a level the first time you enter with one exception. Conversely, BT is super bloated, filled with giant levels, dumb minigames, and convoluted jiggy quests. Nothing is as straightforward as it should be, and it's frequently annoying. It's the type of sequel I wanted as a child:* just more, more, more because I have infinite time and the quantity is the most important part. It's just like Yooka-Laylee.

*I distinctly remember writing a crude outline for Donkey Kong 64 2 in which you controlled ten different Kongs (who collected ten different banana colors) and they all had even more stupid pad abilities. MORE

Top Bottom