• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

oti

Banned
I have no idea what Nightfalls are but I'm super close to unlocking it. So far the Destiny 2 endgame has been pretty great. The adventures are neat, I like both strikes I've played so far, I'm actually pretty decent in PvP and the way Jeff was hyping up Nightfall makes my excited to see it.

Hasney

I remember Agent Under Fire being better
as in it was a better way to hack your OG XBox and run the wonderful world of homebrew

Gandie

gyvvpvp.png

drabnon

I want to like Kingdom Heartache but I mostly find myself skipping through the episode in 5 second increments to see when they make progess. The jokes aren't really landing for me, although maybe that's the point? I'm not really into anti-humor so idk.

I don't mind Ben shitting on the game too much because it hasn't aged great, but I feel like this series would be more focused and fun if the GB staff had a KH fan who knew the games and could help guide Ben through some of the more confusing stages (Like Dan's role in Metal Gear Scanlon). Sorry if all of this has been discussed, I just got around to watching the most recent episode.

I don't really know anything about PewDiePie to make a judgement on him as a person one way or another, but reading some of that thread made me wonder what the reaction to Ryan's slip during the Lantern run would be like if he said it in 2017.

It's the only real comparable thing I could think of when reading it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't really know anything about PewDiePie to make a judgement on him as a person one way or another, but reading some of that thread made me wonder what the reaction to Ryan's slip during the Lantern run would be like if he said it in 2017.

Well, the difference is that Ryan immediately posted this and didn't react with "lol nothing happened, just words, heated gaming moment lol triggered"

Also, reading this again, this quote is especially relevant
Context is meaningless, because that word comes with too much of its own hurtful baggage to ever possibly justify.

(Also Ryan didn't have a history of being a racist and making rape jokes)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Ryan also immediately apologised and made no bones that what he did was a terrible thing, so not really.

Hasney

I think if it's a one off and you own it and apologise for it while also being non-shitty to the communities you've accidentally insulted like with Ryan, then it's usually fine. A bit of uproar initially maybe, but it passes.

PewDiePie has a history of this shit. It's not the year, it's that we know this isn't a "slip of the tongue" at this point.

Well, the difference is that Ryan immediately posted this and didn't react with "lol nothing happened, just words, heated gaming moment lol triggered"

Also, reading this again, this quote is especially relevant

(Also Ryan didn't have a history of being a racist and making rape jokes)

Ryan also immediately apologised and made no bones that what he did was a terrible thing, so not really.

I think if it's a one off and you own it and apologise for it while also being non-shitty to the communities you've accidentally insulted like with Ryan, then it's usually fine. A bit of uproar initially maybe, but it passes.

PewDiePie has a history of this shit. It's not the year, it's that we know this isn't a "slip of the tongue" at this point.

Oh I totally agree his reaction made the world of difference, it just struck me that things like that don't go as unnoticed as they do a few years ago.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
At least Vinny
talked him out of renaming Brad. That would have been a pretty shitty move. The whole fun of this feature is having your soldiers named after real people.

Zaph

If you "don't really know anything" about PDP's history of monetising racism, maybe do a google search or two before making comparisons?

I feel like you want to just say "outrage culture" but you know that's frowned upon so here's this. If you watch the full clip in context it's pretty clear pdp has a habit of saying the word. As well as a history of racist "jokes".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh I totally agree his reaction made the world of difference, it just struck me that things like that don't go as unnoticed as they do a few years ago.

I mean it didn't exactly go unnoticed back then because I do remember a thread on gaming side about it, but he didn't try to bury it at all.

If you "don't really know anything" about PDP's history of monetising racism, maybe do a google search or two before making comparisons?

I wasn't comparing the two incidents in terms of malice, it just made me wonder in a post-GG world if people would have reacted differently to Ryan. Times they are a changing and all.

I feel like you want to just say "outrage culture" but you know that's frowned upon so here's this. If you watch the full clip in context it's pretty clear pdp has a habit of saying the word. As well as a history of racist "jokes".

I don't think there's anything wrong with people being mad at some bloke saying nigger on a stream mate lol.

I think it's less about "times are a changing" and more like people are becoming more aware especially with the advent of smartphones and the like which resulted in the internet landscape being 100x times bigger than it was 10 or so years ago.
Man chat is already hating Dan lmao.

Dan knows EXACTLY what he's doing

Dan knows EXACTLY what he's doing

I think that's the problem. It's tired.

However somehow this feature doesn't bother me because Dan would be shit at the game regardless. I do think it was kinda shitty that he was gonna change Brad into himself but Vinny stopped that. But I'm only halfway through this episode so who knows what else might happen!

Tubobutts

The key lesson between Exqusite Corps and Unplugged is that Dan and "Cooperative Storytelling" don't mix.

Which explains a lot about Pax Wrestling.

Top Bottom