• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I've grown to accept that Persona 5 won't be my most favourite game of the year but still a pretty good game that I've enjoyed.

I feel the same way. I loved persona 3 and 4 and played 3 four times (two original, one fes, one portable) and played 4 around four times (two original, two golden) and after I played 5, I had no desire to go back at all. I enjoyed my whole 96 hours that I played of the game, but nothing stuck with me at all in P5 like it did with the others and I just don't know why. Maybe I'll appreciate it over time but as of now it wouldn't even enter my top 5 GOTY right now and might be fighting for top 10 depending on how the games this holiday turn out.

BTA

Was listening to some of the FatT Patreon stuff I'd half-watched live while playing Rabbids, and I forgot "the racism of Dracula" and "...Siri, is Dracula racist?" were things Austin said this year. Those streams are real real good.

I downloaded the soundtrack when the game first came out in Japan last September and listened to Rivers in the Desert basically on loop, and I still listen to it pretty damn frequently. That track alone makes P5 deserving of Best Music.

Does that sexy
gown say what she's
got in store for her man?

Oh I am definitely still listening to a lot of the vocal tracks, yeah. I really should think about buying the soundtrack, hmm.

BTA

I mean Persona 5 ends with
you summoning Satan on Christmas Eve to put a bullet in God's stupid dome
so it's pretty alright.

I mean
you're underselling that it's basically a giant robot that your original Persona turns into but yes

also I just skimmed through Yakuza Kiwami's soundtrack and I feel like remixing/redoing this made it lose some of the appeal

Just got done with the bombcast.

"I nitpick Destiny super hard because like, ultimately, Destiny done right is the best possible video game that could exist for me" - Brad Shoemaker

I can't fucking wait for GOTY deliberations. Brad has his exotic filibuster all set and ready.

Just got done with the bombcast.

"I nitpick Destiny super hard because like, ultimately, Destiny done right is the best possible video game that could exist for me" - Brad Shoemaker

I can't fucking wait for GOTY deliberations. Brad has his exotic filibuster all set and ready.

I have to agree with Brad.

Destiny is one of the best games out there that is a few flaws from being perfect.

Salarians

1896310-1316405481027.jpg

Xeteh

Actually the most interesting GOTY battle for me now is Alex vs Dan: Yakuza 0.

I'm watching the playthrough now that I finally got the game for myself and man its frustrating how much they forget each episode. If it wasn't for Alex they'd have no idea what was going on at any point.

I have to agree with Brad.

Destiny is one of the best games out there that is a few flaws from being perfect.

ehh, I'm nearing the end of the game and speaking as a guy who doesn't care about loot, it's doing nothing for me. I will say though that the most memorable things about the game so far are the art direction and soundtrack. Everything else is on autopilot ZzZzZzZzZz mode. It certainly is the perfect podcast game, like it probably doesn't get better than Destiny.

Phatmac

That's gonna be the most heartbreaking category for me to get through come GOTY deliberations. I've been listening to
Metallic Madness Zone Act I
(I have no idea if people care about Sonic Mania spoilers at this point, but whatever) a ton lately, and that game also very much deserves massive recognition in respect to its soundtrack.
Good choice. Most of the remixes and new music is amazing. It makes the game so much better.

BTA

Awww yeah DNB confirmed.

I... don't know who Steven Hansen is though, huh. Looks like a Destructoid writer?

Harpuia

Someone hold me. I just had a mission in Xcom 2 where I popped two enemy pods at the same time, and it put me in a really really bad position. To top it off, reinforcements came and I had the dark event where the flesh mutants on the map.

I ended up accomplishing the mission at the cost of four soldiers.

If there's one thing I hate about Xcom 2 it's the missions where they already put down an evac spot on the map.

Harpuia

Still need to play Nier, but does it have anything that can top Rivers in the Desert?

I complained about it way back when, but Weight of the World is a really nice song. Bipolar nightmare and Voice of No return are good. Peaceful sleep is great.

Nier is really good at evoking emotion and it does it so well with the pseudo languages that the songs are sung in.

Persona 5 is a different type of music and it has more variety. It's kind of all over the place, sometimes not as perfectly as, say Mother 3 or Undertale. Those are examples that come to mind for me personally. Hm maybe if it worked in The stars and us into more of the themes instead of using it a lot towards the end, it would've had more of a sense of identity.

The game also has Song of the Ancients, but maybe it's not fair since it's from Nier.

Here's some links:
https://youtu.be/CKOM3lNFajE
(This one is just really great. Dramatic)

https://youtu.be/Tx0U9UsUgpI
(Honestly I think this is my favorite. It's so haunting)
https://youtu.be/k5Figo-QTW0
(a nice action theme)
https://youtu.be/rQuHwqMcN8w
(I like this one more for the scene associated but it's still great)
https://youtu.be/ubMf__iB8iI
(nice and calming)

Harpuia

Jeff: the UI is real bad in spots-
Brad: Yeahhhhh welllllll

God I really wanted to stop shitting all over Destiny fans with this game. I'm thinking about getting it once the PC version comes out.

But hearing him dismiss Jeff over and over for what is a legitimate complaint with "eh it wasn't a bother for me" was super frustrating.

Like c'mon dude. That's a bad design flaw any way you shake it.

jtar86

I was thinking this exact thing I was thinking driving home this morning. Like destiny that was a little less destiny and more Diablo would be a game I could play forever. Keep all the mechanics the same and throw in Diablo's rifts and tons more loot with random stats and I could play it everyday and be the happiest man alive.

I was thinking this exact thing I was thinking driving home this morning. Like destiny that was a little less destiny and more Diablo would be a game I could play forever. Keep all the mechanics the same and throw in Diablo's rifts and tons more loot with random stats and I could play it everyday and be the happiest man alive.

A rewarding loot system? You'll spend 10 hours to raise your power level by 2 meaningless digits and you'll like it!

Top Bottom