• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

Suits: "You want to turn our super successful multi million selling mainstream blockbuster franchise into the most niche and hardcore competitive Sim racer on console?"

"What."

I'm pretty sure the suit said "make an online focused game" and they did it their way. The way this is built seems like them chasing where the market is going but making it very Gran Turismo-y

Zaph

GT reminds me of the XSN Sports games on the OG Xbox. You had to enroll in tournaments by visiting the website, then play the games at a certain time. It was great - Links 2004 was the best console golf game.

kadotsu

Banned
Polyphony probably willingly bend over to get the FiA endorsement. That's why the game seems so up its own ass. The game itself feels like PD designed an endgame but forgot the content leading up to it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Does a FIA endorsement matter that much?

Do prior actually care about playing by FIA rules?

This is coming from someone who does not care about Motorsports at all, so I'm curious about it.

Finally found Dan's GAF account

2664058-0298306966-Ja74l.gif

Mario Lost Levels on NES until D-4

If they're going to go back to the Japanese SMB2 (which they absolutely should), it really should be the All-Stars version since they're not going to see worlds 9, A, B, C, or D unless they do

and they should really do those because they're fucked up:

tumblr_n1ibmgcsvX1rrftcdo1_500.gif

justjim89

The wrestling stream was great, I miss the Powerbombcast.

Peter Brown seems like a good dude, but holy shit he talks about the most boring stuff every time he's on the Bombcast. Also what they were hyping up makes no sense to me. The same people who had the most lukewarm response possible to the NES and SNES Classic get all jazzed about some $500 circuit board that can play NES and SNES games? What?

Me for my entire drive home while that segment was going: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAYacfN_n74

Should I play through Mario 64 for the first time in anticipation of Odyssey? I have it on my Wii and I'm guessing that version is fine. Is it considered a long game?

I'm thinking about playing either that or Super Mario World!

robotrock

Banned
Should I play through Mario 64 for the first time in anticipation of Odyssey? I have it on my Wii and I'm guessing that version is fine. Is it considered a long game?

I'm thinking about playing either that or Super Mario World!
You should just play 64 because it’s a spectacular video game that holds up.

You should just play 64 because it’s a spectacular video game that holds up.

It's good to hear that it holds up. I imagine so since I still see people playing/streaming the game on YouTube and what not. Maybe I'll get super used to 64 by the time Odyssey comes out and it'll end up blowing my mind even more :p

As opposed to be playing it “in anticipation for Odyssey”

Play SM64 because it’s a great video game. Play Super Mario World because it’s a great video game.

I’m pretty sure both will be worth coming back to even after Odyssey.

going all in on a game like Super Mario 64 for the first time so close to Odyssey seems like it might be over-saturating things a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom