• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it have app support too? Like for Steam, Origin, etc?

Not really, but using the correct password is as simple as opening pwmanager->copy password -> pasting it in. It takes about the same time as it would to type these passwords in anyway.

The mobile apps are amazing, at least lastpassword for Android is. I believe it has the exact same functionality on iOS. Super smart about detecting what app you are using and matching it to the right account.

Zaph

How's the iOS implementation?

If you're on iOS/OSX, go 1Password. It's a much better app and the API implementation is very smooth for the supported apps. On Windows its fine but not great.

There was some recent controversy over them moving everything to the cloud, but I think they backtracked and still let new accounts sync with Dropbox.

Zero315

Banned
Not only do I have unanswered questions, I still don't really understand the last two episodes of the anime.

p.s. What are dreams?
The last two episodes of the series are supposed to be expanded versions of what happens during instrumentality, that's why EoE reuses some of the scenes and visuals during that sequence. As for
Shinji choking Asuka, I think it's supposed to be because he's still not sure what's real or not and whether he actually made it out of instrumentality.

The fact that the music is intact is really making me want to pick up Gundam Versus. The quick look is also reminding me of how bad the G Reco designs were.

Home now. Only needed 1 stitch.

I cut myself badly on a broken beer bottle. It was my fault, I tried to dispose of it and it got me good. And it sucks because it on my middle finger topside.

Playing Death of the Outsider should be fun tonight.

RIP

I hurt my middle finger too actually. More like a sprain. Its kinda numbish on the tip.

Salarians

is there a butt on it?
tumblr_of184b6Rnd1u4yqfao1_540.png

Catvoca

Banned
They need to get 6 or 7 people and some beer together to make their Jackbox coverage work. That UPF segment was dire. The beast stream with Danika was fun at least.

oti

Banned
listening to the 2009 GOTY casts, what's so crazy about the silent hill shattered memories story?
Turns out
you're the daughter from the beginning who survived and instead the dad died. The person at the psychiatrist is the daughter who's just imagining everything

I watched it all on YouTube. Cool game.

Salarians

listening to the 2009 GOTY casts, what's so crazy about the silent hill shattered memories story?
it's a horror/suspense story with a ton of twists but it also managed to be very heartfelt

SH2 and 3 are better games overall but it's really cool, especially how they got away with basically tossing out every one of SH's gameplay conventions, even if the results weren't perfect

best use of the wiimote

Hey guys remember Silent Hill Downpour?

I was so desperate for any new Silent Hill back then that I bought that full price. sigh.
I'm sorry

I did kind of like that game's open world and the music was pretty good too, but just about everything else was... yeah

daveo42

Banned
Still need to find a copy of Shattered Memories. I wish local shops around here had them, but no dice at any of the 2nd hand shops. SH2 is still best in series, though I enjoyed the other three before Team Silent stopped developing the games.

I think Jack Box coverage has run its course, I’m so tired of seeing it.

I think last year's Extra Life stream was about peak for me when it came to watching Jack Box streams. The rest have been kind of downhill from there. Still good, but man...that stream was on another level.

BTA

I played most of Shattered Memories at a friend’s house and then my save data got corrupted, or something? I just know a glitch happened that meant we couldn’t keep playing.

It was neat, especially as someone who hadn’t really played any 3D horror games before.

Ashby

I played most of Shattered Memories at a friend’s house and then my save data got corrupted, or something? I just know a glitch happened that meant we couldn’t keep playing.

It was neat, especially as someone who hadn’t really played any 3D horror games before.

Are you sure your save actually got corrupted or was the game being spooky

oti

Banned
After 30h I feel like I've hit a wall in Stardew Valley. Farming is pretty much an automated process at this point and I've finished the mines. Just found out what the community centre is all about and nope, not doing that. Also not really interested in the romance mechanic. I think I'll stop playing for now and focus on other stuff. Maybe Uncharted or Overwatch. 12 days to go until Mario, surely I can finish Uncharted and play some Halloween matches in Overwatch in that time.

Sakwoff

I think last year's Extra Life stream was about peak for me when it came to watching Jack Box streams. The rest have been kind of downhill from there. Still good, but man...that stream was on another level.

Yup.

I guess it was pretty amplified by the craziness of extra life and everyone having a great time with it. Jackbox streams only work if everyone super rolls with it.

Also man, that Erica/Alexis/Drew Extra Life stream was just generally super pleasant wasn't it... now I kinda want to rewatch parts of it. :)

I'm kind of excited for Ben's first Extra Life run. He'd probably be up for a proper studio 24h.

FINALLY playing Wallenstein The New Order and the world / cutscenes are all amazing.

I hope they really nail the gameplay in the sequel and have looked hard at what made DOOM great because The New Colossus could be amazing if it ends up being the stop notch storytelling of The New Order + the tight, dumb fun of Doom.

In any other year that would be GOTY material.

FINALLY playing Wallenstein The New Order and the world / cutscenes are all amazing.

I hope they really nail the gameplay in the sequel and have looked hard at what made DOOM great because The New Colossus could be amazing if it ends up being the stop notch storytelling of The New Order + the tight, dumb fun of Doom.

Wallenstein the New Order is my favorite childrens tale.

Sakwoff

Doom really made me realise why I don't really dig for example Destiny as a shooter. Brad/Jeff are always bringing up how great the shooting is in that game, and... I really don't agree.

Like the audiovisual feedback aspect to it is really good, yeah. But the encounter design falls comparatively flat. Like, there is no dance to it. It's just shooting things until they drop ad nauseam. Conversely, that's exactly what Doom did so well. Basically by just looking back at the original Doom games, and how different setups of very specific, varied enemy types with specific roles in different spaces can lend themselves to interesting combat situations. Rather than just grinding down dudes with guns.

Also see: how the raid in Destiny has to rely on gimmick after obtuse gimmick as opposed to actually interesting fights.

About a half hour into the Layers of Fear video and I'm tempted to actually turn it off and go play it myself. I've never really sought it out, but I've always been intrigued by the idea of horror games that are more atmospheric and spooky than jump-scarey. (Or at least jump scares that are more "practical" and not all screaming and gore and stuff.) Something like PG13 stuff like The Ring or some of the recent indies like It Follows or The Babadook.

oti

Banned

I loved everything about TNO but the shooting, to be honest. Didn't feel that great to me. Would've finished it too, but a faultry cable on my PC deleted my save. I should just watch the rest of it on YouTube at this point.

I think Jack Box coverage has run its course, I'm so tired of seeing it.

From the looks of it, they seem to like the odd numbered ones. They liked 1 and 3, but seemed down on 2 and 4.

I think the ones that have resulted in the best moments are Fibbage, Drawful, Quiplash, Tee KO, Trivia Murder Party, and Fakin' It.

Hey guys remember Silent Hill Downpour?

I was so desperate for any new Silent Hill back then that I bought that full price. sigh.
The side quests were really well designed and I thought it played well. The enemy designs were so generic tho that it brought down the entire experience and it could have been so great.

tesqui

Ben making it a point to beat Super Mario World as fast as he can

casually hands off the controller to Brad, who beats the hardest level in the entire game, sight unseen, on his first try

Yeah that level is some trial and error bullshit, but brad makes it seem extremely easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom