• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

The side quests were really well designed and I thought it played well. The enemy designs were so generic tho that it brought down the entire experience and it could have been so great.

Nothing quite says "Silent Hill" like this motley bunch:
SH_Downpour-Cast.png

TraBuch

Banned
Anyone here have any experience with Travelocity? I just booked a flight. Do I just need to print out the itinerary and bring it to the airport and I'm good? Or are there any other steps involved?

Jintor

i should probably lay off the Shadows of War for a bit i think. Nemesis system not really procing for me the way I want it to.

Remembered I already have too many games to play so I just went ahead and watched the rest of the Layers of Fear video. Sounds like the game is only a few hours long, so it's a bummer they played this much without continuing.

Vinny and Abby have a great dynamic for playing through these kinds of games!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
About 2/3rds of the way through a recent playthrough of TNO I got frustrated and just turned it down to easy and felt exactly zero guilt about doing so. Playing Wolfenstein "well" was not enough of a reward for me to feel bad

Megasoum

Banned
My only complaint about The New Order is that the PC version doesn't have Steam Cloud support which is ridiculous for a 2014 game...

I wanted to play it during my lunch breaks at work but oh well...

Mr. F

Banned
Anyone here have any experience with Travelocity? I just booked a flight. Do I just need to print out the itinerary and bring it to the airport and I'm good? Or are there any other steps involved?

Yeah, if your itinerary had a barcode or booking reference number on it you scan/punch that into a kiosk or give it to an agent at the airport and they'll give you your ticket iirc

...I feel like they're starting to lean a little too hard into that now, considering the game itself isn't likely to be "saying" much re: current events.

(Paranoid edit: To be extremely clear, I 100% agree with "There is only one side" and I'm on board with punching Nazis. Just want to make sure this isn't taken the wrong way, lol.)

robotrock

Banned
...I feel like they're starting to lean a little too hard into that now, considering the game itself isn't likely to be "saying" much re: current events.

yeah it comes across pretty hollow. think this is the most Bethesda has marketed a game that wasn't Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

still very excited for the game itself though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, I can see it as hollow and pandering, but I guess in a way it's good that this kind of message can be used for marketing?

Ashby

Considering all the violent shit you'll be able to do to Nazis in that game I was a bit let down that it's just some weak looking punch. If you're gonna go for it, go for it.

Antiwhippy

Considering all the violent shit you'll be able to do to Nazis in that game I was a bit let down that it's just some weak looking punch. If you're gonna go for it, go for it.

I mean, if you're going by the last Wolfenstein game trust me, the melees will get super gross.

I actually did like Silent Hill Downpour's side quests and still generally think the game is ok because of them. Those monster designs though....yeeash. If The Evil Within 2's side missions go in the direction of Downpour's, I might have to check that game out.

Aselith

Basically their marketing team is giving people enough rope to hang themselves. People are hyped for the games on it's own terms and they are playing some actual (not me being sarcastic) 5d chess with their marketing.

Just consider that that clip has literally no specific connection to current events but your head still went there. It's actually brilliant.

I beat TNO on the hardest difficulty and didn’t even die on the final boss. Mouse and keyboard skillz

And damn, those Downpor creatures are even worse than I remembered

Also, it did a questionable thing of depending on your actions the ending completely changed whether you were actually a murderer or not. There was no set character

Antiwhippy

I must say, if there's one thing that does annoy me about the beastcrew it's their old ass views on esports.

"Who wants to watch people play games" "Speed-runners have more of a community" "At least speedrunners acknowledge what they do is inherently ridiculous."

I must say, if there's one thing that does annoy me about the beastcrew it's their old ass views on esports.

"Who wants to watch people play games" "Speed-runners have more of a community" "At least speedrunners acknowledge what they do is inherently ridiculous."

Which is funny considering what they Giantbomb does on a weekly basis.

Antiwhippy

TBF I think it was just mostly Vinny. Abby and Alex seems to at least have some respect for it.

I dunno, it's just a weird bit overall. Dunno why Vinny would bring up the E-sports news bit seeing that most of them don't seem to really care about it, and there are a lot of other e-sports news they don't bring up.

I love that Yakuza 0's cabaret club storyline has this weirdly wholesome underdog-soccer-team-prevails-through-the-power-of-friendship tone for a minigame about recruiting JAV idols to work in your sleazy hostess bar

TBF I think it was just mostly Vinny. Abby and Alex seems to at least have some respect for it.

I dunno, it's just a weird bit overall. Dunno why Vinny would bring up the E-sports news bit seeing that most of them don't seem to really care about it, and there are a lot of other e-sports news they don't bring up.

Esports is a West thing, to be honest.

Antiwhippy

No joke, completing cuphead probably made my fingers the most numb they've been in a long time. :p

Managing charge shot is a pain in the ass when it comes to that.

Jintor

I love that Yakuza 0's cabaret club storyline has this weirdly wholesome underdog-soccer-team-prevails-through-the-power-of-friendship tone for a minigame about recruiting JAV idols to work in your sleazy hostess bar

i still want to play a mobile game just based off this because it seemed like the only gameplay part of yakuza zero that really spoke to me

imBask

Banned
now if you have beaten and enjoyed Cuphead, move on to beating I Wanna Be The Boshy

i'm telling you friends, if you manage to pull it off you'll feel like a warrior

Antiwhippy

now if you have beaten and enjoyed Cuphead, move on to beating I Wanna Be The Boshy

i'm telling you friends, if you manage to pull it off you'll feel like a warrior

Thing is, I realised that I liked cuphead because it's mostly about bosses. Like I find the run and gun sections to be very forgettable.

For some reason I like sidescrolling when it comes to platformers but if you add an active combat system to it I tend to not love it? The last one of that type I liked before cuphead was like... metal slug 3.

BTA

Spent the past few hours farming for upgrade materials in the original Nier.

It was actually pretty nice to just play something mindless and listen to podcasts. Honestly this weekend’s pretty chill; I marathonned all of The Good Place too and that was some good TV.

and now I’m gonna go finish 2 other video games so that’ll also feel good

Megasoum

Banned
Setting up LastPass right now... Easy enough to setup but I just realized that I will probably have to enter that new shiny super long and fucked up Netflix password on my Roku tv? ugh lol

Same thing with XBox and PSN

Setting up LastPass right now... Easy enough to setup but I just realized that I will probably have to enter that new shiny super long and fucked up Netflix password on my Roku tv? ugh lol

Same thing with XBox and PSN

That's why you use pass phrases and enable 2 step where possible

Antiwhippy

Spent the past few hours farming for upgrade materials in the original Nier.

It was actually pretty nice to just play something mindless and listen to podcasts. Honestly this weekend’s pretty chill; I marathonned all of The Good Place too and that was some good TV.

and now I’m gonna go finish 2 other video games so that’ll also feel good

Yeah cuphead has been that podcast + gb video game for me. The next 2 games I want to play are too story intensive for me to do that though (danganronpa and chaos;child).

Maybe odyssey can be that game for me

BTA

Yeah cuphead has been that podcast + gb video game for me. The next 2 games I want to play are too story intensive for me to do that though (danganronpa and chaos;child).

Maybe odyssey can be that game for me

Yeah Odyssey’s probably gonna end up being that when I’m digging through levels and have already heard the music and such.

I’m happy I finished V3 faster than expected because playing so many VNs wasn’t helping my podcast backlog, hah. Gonna start The Letter next week though cause I’ll fiiiiinally finish the last bit of CxM tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom