• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah Odyssey’s probably gonna end up being that when I’m digging through levels and have already heard the music and such.

I’m happy I finished V3 faster than expected because playing so many VNs wasn’t helping my podcast backlog, hah. Gonna start The Letter next week though cause I’ll fiiiiinally finish the last bit of CxM tonight.

I must say though this year is probably my most VN heavy year in awhile.

Though a couple of them were released last year.

BTA

I must say though this year is probably my most VN heavy year in awhile.

Though a couple of them were released last year.

Yeah, same. Like I’ve always played a few VNs a year, but this year has had a significant dive into my backlog from the past year or two plus a lot of good ones coming out that I’ve played as well. And I haven’t even gone near the Utawarerumono games and people speak really highly of those.

The first Evil Within made me feel sick. The terrible framerate combined with the aspect ratio and general griminess of the picture gave me a crazy headache. I eventually watched a playthrough, and it seems like a pretty interesting, completely unpolished game with basically every horror idea Mikami had thrown in. The sequel looks to be significantly more polished, but that spark of imagination is completely gone.

On Waypoint, Patrick trashed how restricted the first game made him feel, while praising the flexibility of the sequel's combat scenarios even in the early game. But horror should be about restriction, and you should have to earn and plan for flexibility. I was surprised the star of spooking with scoops had such an odd outlook on the action-horror subgenre.

The first Evil Within made me feel sick. The terrible framerate combined with the aspect ratio and general griminess of the picture gave me a crazy headache. I eventually watched a playthrough, and it seems like a pretty interesting, completely unpolished game with basically every horror idea Mikami had thrown in. The sequel looks to be significantly more polished, but that spark of imagination is completely gone.

On Waypoint, Patrick trashed how restricted the first game made him feel, while praising the flexibility of the sequel's combat scenarios even in the early game. But horror should be about restriction, and you should have to earn and plan for flexibility. I was surprised the star of spooking with scoops had such an odd outlook on the action-horror subgenre.

Patrick likes horror, not survival

The Evil Within is one of my favorite games in the genre but it’s legitimately difficult and vicious in a way that games aren’t anymore. Having to deal with enemies, traps and rare instant death creatures at once make it incredibly tense. I played on pc so I avoided the technical issues of the console versions.

Story is gibberish tho.

Yeah the story of The Evil Within 1 is bad, and I think The Evil Within 2 starts with the dumbest most backwards continuation of that story, no one learned anything from the first game and they are all stupid people.

Mechazawa

The first Evil Within is pretty much an action game, though. With the exception of a handful of stealth sequences, the "restriction" in that game was basically "can you shoot these guys good enough so you don't blow all your ammo or have to restart the encounter"

I'm sad that the only ones of the GB crew that have seen Gundam are Austin, Ben and/or Vinny

Gundam would be so much their shit. Bens seen G-Gundam(The GOAT) but the regular Gundam series are so politically dramatic and it's amazing.

Jintor

you know it occurs to me that I could have had a reasonable chance to send in a submission for the AusPax wrestling show, get in that, and then close my Kevin Bacon levels to anyone on GB staff

Dude how the hell can people look so young

Like don't get me wrong, I look 16 without any facial hair

But like, there was a new girl at my job, and i giving her the tour of the place. When I got to the bailer, I showed her the bin for the people under 18 you can't operate the machinery. She then says she's not under 18 and I was like oh she must be just over then in my head

and then

she tells me that she is 30

THIRTY

what

So it got me wondering who the youngest gbgaf lad/ladette is

I wonder what the age gap is even like for people who sub to GB

Stoze

So it got me wondering who the youngest gbgaf lad/ladette is

I wonder what the age gap is even like for people who sub to GB
I'd say that subbing to anything for a price probably puts people in their teens at least, but after the birth of Twitch subscriptions I'm not so sure about that anymore.

Stoze

Man I want to get a Switch pro controller for Mario Odyssey, but god damn at $70. That could fuel like all my indie purchases for the rest of the year.

Wish I had got into Gundam as a kid.

When I was a whee lad of like, 7-8 years old, I remember I asked my dad to get me a toy that was Gundam Death. I had no idea what Gundam was, didn't know i had to build it, but I thought it looked cool as shit.

Then like 11 years later it went full circle as I started collecting Gundam.

I'd say that subbing to anything for a price probably puts people in their teens at least, but after the birth of Twitch subscriptions I'm not so sure about that anymore.

Stats probably say that they have to have at least one person under 10 who watches their stuff. I wanna know who the G that asks mom and pop for a GB sub is

Wish I had got into Gundam as a kid.

I was so close to becoming a Gundam fan at one point I feel

I had a PS2 Gundam game that I couldn't even progress through past the first level and my parents got me a Gundam model for X-Mas that I never messed with

The pieces were in place

Was there a big Gundam spike in the US during the early 00's ?

BTA

Man I want to get a Switch pro controller for Mario Odyssey, but god damn at $70. That could fuel like all my indie purchases for the rest of the year.

I’m interested to hear why you wanna go Pro? You’re obviously not alone in doing so, but I’ve never really understood why people feel it’s necessary - particularly at that cost. Potential dpad issues aside, Joycons are legitimately some of my favorite controllers.

EDIT:
no actually 08th MS Team is better because it's embarrassing for an academic to admit that the show where stereotypes punch each other and scream is super awesome

You say this as if Austin hasn’t talked about specific moments from it before and also as if, as someone who’s never watched Gundam but has seen people reccomend shows a lot, 08th MS Team isn’t the most common thing people recommend.

UC Gundam is one of the 20th century's great epics. G Gundam is silly shonen trash.
Tomino can't write dialog or characters worth shit, it's like watching a bunch of people give parallel monologues about whatever bizarre issues he had in his head during production. Imagawa is a damn master storyteller compared to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom