• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

3QlEYTm.png

only a day after IGN's purchase and we are already here

You know stuff like this is decided less then one day in advance, right?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
OMG finally beat cuphead.

Other than some RNG elements which really makes it feel more like trying to get the good patterns rather than being fully tested of my skill, definitely one of my favourite experiences this year. And I don't even particularly like these types of games.

Joeku

That third isle has been kind of the crappiest of the whole game, though. The
bee and robot bosses
, especially.

Antiwhippy

I actually didn't find them too bad after awhile.
Robot
took me awhile but it was just me not knowing how to manage the forms.

Isle 2 has the most fun bosses for sure, but the game ends on a hell of a high note.

Wunder

Isle 2 had the roughest start with 0 Run n Gun and 3 tough bosses to choose from

The castle lady wasn't actually that hard but I died a lot

I watched a streamer one shot the
Dragon boss
. Which I got stuck for like 30 minutes earlier today, but he had
access to the charge up shot
, and it made it look much easier so I'm going to give that a shot later.

Including or excluding
king dice/satan?

There are some really good ones but I didn't like the RNG elements in
calamaria & mousetank.

posted it before, but here's my tier list

TOP TIER
Dice Palace
Phantom Express
Sally Stageplay
Ribby and Croaks

HIGH TIER
Captain Brineybeard
Grim Matchstick
Beppi the Clown
Djimmi the Great
Hilda Berg
Werner Werman

MID TIER
The Devil
Rumor Honeybottoms
Baroness Von Bon Bon
Wally Warbles
Cagney Carnation
Cala Maria

LOW TIER
Dr. Kahl's Robot

TUTORIAL TIER
Root Pack
Goopy Le Grand

Ribby & Croaks is amazing in Expert mode because
the attack cycles overlap so you have to avoid the ghost punches while the other one's still spitting out fireflies

Antiwhippy

Huh, that's generally where I would put the isle 2/3 bosses at, except for
werner werman.

Good to see cala maria being that low.

Antiwhippy

I feel like I've heard more about Cagney Carnation in regards to that.

edit also man, reading up on the penultimate boss
and it seems like most people didn't realise that the dice roll isn't random?

why is Sally so high up

it's the most charming fight in the game (the groom/husband freaking out in the background and cheering whenever you take damage, the cardboard dude groaning during the big wave attack, the entire
Final Fantasy VI homage
, etc.) and as a fight it treads the line between dynamic action and pattern recognition very well

swimbuff

Catching up on UPF and just got to the Jackbox segment. Seems like an all right expansion, nothing amazing but I wonder if that's a factor of the West crew playing it. Fakin It seemed pretty tepid when they had it but I thought the GBE + Danika livestream of it was hilarious.

Edit: I guess its weird that they seem to be overanalyzing the mechanics of each game and trying to poke holes in it instead of just going with it. Sure Ben, you could hypothetically screw the game for everyone if you put in something boring but that goes for almost every game in the series.

swimbuff

Yeah this time especially the games seem diminished without a large audience voting along. Bracketeering looks fun but is totally designed for streamers rather than a group of 6-10 people playing at home.

I just want YDKJ 2018.

Cookie Masterson pls.

Oh god yes please. We're way overdue for another one.

Seriously? They decide to open up the movie with Shinji doing that in Asuka's hospital room while she is in a coma?

Anyway, the movie was great and I'm glad to have watched it.
Asuka's 1v9 fight was amazing. Shinji deciding not to fight, only to then go out in his EVA after Asuka is dead, while better late then never, is depressing. But then he decides to do nothing once he's out in battle and gets captured immediately making me want to break my TV. When given the choice to save or kill humanity, Shinji chooses for them all to die, only to say "nah, jk." Then he and Asuka end up on a beach and for some reason, his first instinct is to choke her.

Not only do I have unanswered questions, I still don't really understand the last two episodes of the anime.

p.s. What are dreams?

Ben making it a point to beat Super Mario World as fast as he can

casually hands off the controller to Brad, who beats the hardest level in the entire game, sight unseen, on his first try

Wunder

yeah if only there wasn't a natural disaster raging through california making people be on their toes and ready to leave at a moments notice

Stoze

OMG finally beat cuphead.

Other than some RNG elements which really makes it feel more like trying to get the good patterns rather than being fully tested of my skill, definitely one of my favourite experiences this year. And I don't even particularly like these types of games.
Yeah as someone who has had a hard time really liking run and guns and shumps, Cuphead really clicked with me.

posted it before, but here's my tier list
That's a good list. I especially agree with
Phantom Express up top which is brilliantly designed, and the Devil at mid-tier - his phases after the first one are a bit underwhelming mechanically speaking, and has a couple hard to parse attacks in the first phase.

Logistic

Alex will say "ay fughettaboutit" and then do a six minute improvised comedy scene about Mario and Luigi that nobody else on the cast backs him up on.

The beginning of the beast cast is exactly the same as the beginning of the WTF podcast. You can skip a solid 12 minutes.

derFeef

Ben driving quicklooks is always a bit nauseating. He always keeps moving and looking, never stops to look at interesting things.

imBask

Banned
Ben driving quicklooks is always a bit nauseating. He always keeps moving and looking, never stops to look at interesting things.

eh idk, i'll take that over Brad's method of spending 25 min in the menus, but I guess there's a nice middleground somewhere in there

Megasoum

Banned
I use lastpassword. Used to use keypass because it had better cross platform integration but I don't really play around with linux anymore. Lastpassword with chrome extension is your best bet if you just want to have strong, varied passwords for all your online access. I'd sign up and just add your sites to it as you use them. It's pretty good at autogenerating pw and filling in the blanks for you. I really recommend it.

I also use a yubikey attached to my keyring for that EXTRA security on the main passwords I remember.

Does it have app support too? Like for Steam, Origin, etc?

Zaph

Does it have app support too? Like for Steam, Origin, etc?

Some apps support the 1Password/Lastpass API's, but not many. I know Steam does not.

But you get used to multitasking back to the password manager, and its well worth the security benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom