• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The remarkable thing for me about Abby is that there was no warmup period for her. The very first video she was in was the ranch soda one! She didn't hit the ground running, she hit it sprinting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The remarkable thing for me about Abby is that there was no warmup period for her. The very first video she was in was the ranch soda one! She didn't hit the ground running, she hit it sprinting.

I disagree with that. The first couple of weeks she was pretty reserved and pulled back. You could tell she was in stuff like that because Vinny wanted her involved but now she speaks up a lot more on videos and the beastcasts

As opposed to Ben who came off as overly familiar internship or not

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hmmmm, I feel like Ben is actually fairly more reserved nowadays, but I think Abby herself said that she needed to go to E3 to finally know that she's in this job for real.

How'd it take that long to figure it out? Honest question.

I thought Mordor was okay but would get sidetracked with doing Nemesis related things the whole time. I played Wardor for maybe...2 hours or so, had no interest in the story, saw myself just getting wrapped up in collectables again and said fuck it I'm out.

Less that it took that long, and more I liked OG Mordor a whole lot and just spent $60.00 on a game and really hoped I didn't get it wrong. The moment the map showed the eye of Sauron Towers was the moment I realized I made a huge mistake. But I kept pushing because I just didn't necessarily want to believe it.

Same sort of thing happened to me with Skyrim. Only I spent 10 hours there.

I'm looking forward to whatever GBeast has planned for Wednesday's stream.

I hope they play WWE2K18 and Dan/Alex introduce Abby to the world of really terribly awesome wrestling games.

wwe-glitch-4.gif

Harpuia

I know they don't do it because nobody wants to see them walk around just talking to the pianta and noki. But at least 40% of their "what do I do" complaints go away because NPCS drop some Nintendo ass Hints when talked to.

Less that it took that long, and more I liked OG Mordor a whole lot and just spent $60.00 on a game and really hoped I didn't get it wrong. The moment the map showed the eye of Sauron Towers was the moment I realized I made a huge mistake. But I kept pushing because I just didn't necessarily want to believe it.

Gotcha. Sorry you didn't like the game :/

Jintor

it's alright man. i played fallout 4 for about 40 hours trying to convince myself i was having a good time before i realised nah fuck this game

Megasoum

Banned
The character animations on that Skitchin games look incredible for a Genesis game

"It just doesn't rip like Spicy Placenta does tho" lmao

it's alright man. i played fallout 4 for about 40 hours trying to convince myself i was having a good time before i realised nah fuck this game

Gotcha. Sorry you didn't like the game :/

No worries. It's life playing video games. And I'll get some of my money to play something actually good eventually. I've been eyeing Condemned: Criminal Origins on PC. Tis the season!

EDIT: Or Divinity II. Holy shit that game looks good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No worries. It's life playing video games. And I'll get some of my money to play something actually good eventually. I've been eyeing Condemned: Criminal Origins on PC. Tis the season!

EDIT: Or Divinity II. Holy shit that game looks good.

Divinity 2 or Divinity OS 2?

The weird thing about this series is that there's also technically another Divinity 2 other than those 2.

Nothing

Wednesday DOTA

I would love to see Dan, Abby, and Alex 3 queue into a Dota match on stream.

In regards to Abby's tweet I think it's genuinely a great use of her twitter presence. Obviously she's incredibly brave to talk about things so openly to the world, but maybe it will encourage her fans to speak out against similar experiences or make some fans think twice about doing similar things e.g. accepting when people don't want to give them their number.

It's cool to see a crew member who can talk about these kinds of issues and attempt to intact change like Austin did before her.

BTA

Spent the night cleaning my room and setting up that record player I bought (except for the speaker wiring which I'll do later this week).

It's kinda dumb (particularly as... I still have a decent amount of cleaning to do and still need to unpack some boxes from when I moved in, what, 3 or 4 months ago now) but cleaning does really feel good, mentally; I'm gonna drag myself into living like a functional adult one way or another.

Zeroro

The cute, free Jack Frost Metroidvania that Atlus put out today should absolutely be considered for Best Surprise. It's really neat for a 2-3 hour thing.

Jintor

someone relinked an a.walker article re Shadows of Mordor and NPCs generally from 2014 and man, that dude is a fucking killer writer, holy shit.

There is one element of Watch Dog’s ctOS that I haven’t seen anyone address: sometimes, a crime occurs that ctOS misses. Sometimes it happens quickly.

Sometimes, for instance, you’re in “The Wards,” which is the game’s poor approximation of Chicago’s South Side. And sometimes, as you leave a store, you hear a gun shot. And then there is screaming—the carefully, professionally recorded screaming and sobbing of a young black woman.

And, sometimes, you run and you see her, and others, around the body of a young black man. And sometimes it is the early summer of 2014, and the deaths of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin will not leave your mind—my mind—and no, this is not a dead black man, it is the body of young black boy, in a hoodie and jeans, and I can’t check his name because he is already dead, and I see the man, the white man, fleeing.

And there aren’t any sirens at all, because the power fantasy of Watch Dogs is simple: in a world with oppressive, technocratic social structures, you get to be Aiden Pearce, the human force of justice. The fantasy isn’t fixing the system, it’s giving a gun to another white man. And it’s broken, and I feel broken for loving it. But I know that no one at Ubisoft wrote this particular scenario. No one is purposely capitalizing on my fears as a black man still feeling like a black boy. This is just an algorithm and it works all the better for it. This is just life, simulated.

And I decide that I won’t kill him, but I will hurt him, I will hurt him bad. I will hit the button that swings out Pearce’s baton. I’ll slam the button hard, as if that means something. But…

He has a sneering face and a stuffed bank account.

And he’s on that FBI watch list, and they did nothing, but they knew, they had to know.

And his name is William Jones.

And I shoot him three times, twice in the back and once in the head.

His piece on botw was one of the most beautiful piece on that game though.

i adored that--really captured the essence of what makes the game special imo. also enjoyed how he read it on the waypoint RSS feed. I would love to hear more things like that--just people reading their pieces aloud.

Meguro

Banned
He did mention that he finally has a concept for what he wants to write about Shadow of Wardor in a stream.

Abby's tweet probably took a lot of courage to write and I have nothing but respect and love for her and every woman and man that is speaking out against harassment by sharing their own experiences.

Hmmmm, I feel like Ben is actually fairly more reserved nowadays, but I think Abby herself said that she needed to go to E3 to finally know that she's in this job for real.

Sneaking dabbing into the holy ground of Giant Bomb, you mean.

edit: jesus fuck that tweet. Being a woman going alone at night should not be russian roulette.

BTA

i adored that--really captured the essence of what makes the game special imo. also enjoyed how he read it on the waypoint RSS feed. I would love to hear more things like that--just people reading their pieces aloud.

Ooh, I don’t think I ever actually read/listened to that, hmm. I should get on that.

I will say listening to the thing he wrote after the election was very good but jarring at first because the tone he took sounded very much like the voice he did for the narrator of the FatT arc which had very recently ended.

NightOnyx

Abby's tweet is heartbreaking, as well as all the other #metoo tweets. I'm sure it's very difficult to post that stuff up on Twitter for the world to see, but their bravery shows just how wide spread of an issue all of this is. It's sickening that someone could treat someone in such a disgusting manner, but sadly these things are a common issue that so many have to deal with daily.

I also have definitely seen the comments about Abby's appearance before, and it really sucks to see. While I consider the GB community to be one of the best gaming communities out there as far as being accepting and calling out BS like that, it still does happen. Women should never have to feel objectified like that, or feel like their rightfully earn praise is only earned because those people praising them are only horny. Abby does an incredible job, and is a perfect fit with GB! While I'm thrill GB has a women on staff finally, she has the job because she really damn good at it. The East crew content is something I constantly look forward to, and a big part of that is because of Abby. She's awesome, does amazing work, and meshes so well with the other crew.

I'm really proud of Abby, and all the women telling their story. I hope so much that this will let everybody look at themselves to make sure they are treating everyone with respect no matter their gender, race, sexual orientation, or anything else that may make them different than you. We also need to be better about calling that shit out. There will always be assholes out there, especially on the internet, but the more we let people know that these things are not alright, the better off we will be.

Salarians

Abby is much braver than I and I really respect her for this

the GB fandom is "generally" pretty ok, but maybe some of them will see this and reconsider their actions, and those of the people around them

Jintor

i'm playing on nemesis and it's still pretty easy. only died because they lock you in boxes where health regen is difficult

Anyone ride finding wardor to be ridiculously easy? It takes like 5 minutes to take down a fortress.

Playing on normal

My favourite thing about Shwardor so far is collecting a bunch of bullshit items so I could level up and control dragons only to find that if I go through the effort of bringing down a dragon and dominating it then it suddenly tanks my orc killing proficiency 500% because the dragon riding's worse than Lair plus the chief probably has fire immunity so it's meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom