• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Arkham combat is more fun than Warriors combat.

Eh they're both more or less the same. Button mash, do some special actions, rinse and repeat.

Huh. In the QL when Brad fucked up trying to ride that giant troll or whatever and there was a massive amount of Orcs chasing him around, I thought it looked like Dynasty Warriors for a second

Yup! You even have officers that do more compared to the grunts, and what not.

I started playing Shadow of Mordor over the weekend. I bought a copy during some PSN sale but never got to it 'till now. Im enjoying it ok enough but I really don't see what is so great about the Nemesis system. Brad has always gushed about it but its kinda just meh.

Nonsense!

You have-
Morale
Weapon Damage
Officers taken down
KO meter
Combo meter
Musou Bars to fill

In Empires you have:
Gold accrued
Territories gained
etc.

the numbers go up
You've convinced me.

DW feature when. They can call it Warrior in the West, to run counter with Beast in the East.

Murder Island is where they meet. The cinematic universe of Giant Bomb can start here.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
There are some seriously messed up people in this world...

https://twitter.com/ybbaaabby/status/920081217986482176
Can’t say we haven’t seen some of those comments in this thread too.

The #metoo campaign seems to be doing well. Enforcing those who stand with women (and men) who face abuse of varying levels and outing those who are callous enough to not care, even when those women are family and friends. I’ve seen plenty on both sides show themselves on all my social feeds.

Glad to see Abby has the strength to tell her story especially the boyfriend story. Non-consensual activities, even between partners, is still non-consensual.

Jintor

it's bad shit.

you can't merely refrain from this behaviour; you have to call it out and discourage it in others too.

I don't think there's a woman I know who hasn't actively had an anti-sexual assault strategy in place.

You'll definitely see abusive posts in GB's chat from time to time, free or Premium. They get nuked pretty quick, but I don't doubt that GB see some of them before moderators can get them. I imagine video comments are the same.

It's awful that people are so driven to harass others.
Sobering tweet from Abby about all the sexism and harassment she's faced, both in general and around the site.

This is depressing stuff. No one should have to suffer through this sort of garbage.

I hope GB's community can excise its gross elements. I'd say the same about the world at large, but I don't have that much faith available at the moment.

That tweet is terrifying

And yeah, I've seen them on video comments here and there. They comment on her 'cuteness' instead of the actual work.

I want to be supportive of Abby so here are five times Abby has made me laugh out loud from the other side of an ocean:

1) When she said "I've seen you eat" to Dan in that E3 t-shirt video.

2) When she became Neo in Steal My Sunshine and then immediately jumped off into the abyss.

3) When she did the Vinny impression on her first ever video.

4) "This is like Rocket League but on foot"

5) When she panicked and shot Vinny in PUBG

I want to be supportive of Abby so here are five times Abby has made me laugh out loud from the other side of an ocean:

2) When she became Neo in Steal My Sunshine and then immediately jumped off into the abyss.

All of these are pretty good.

I would add the Six crazy frights intro also

@ bold: IIRC Ben fucking lost it when this was uttered.

- J - D -

6) Her Bakalar impression. "Fantastic"

Totally 7)
2945032-abbyben2.jpg

Man. People should be better people.

Also this shit just makes me self reflect about stuff I totally should have handled differently years ago.

Jintor

oh yeah.

i don't think a 'times i was a fucking creepo' hashtag would go as well or virally, but i'm wondering if it would help. i know there have been many a time when i sexually harrassed someone. I think they were all before I was what I think of as reaching adulthood and actively starting to think about these kinds of things, but still.

I've clocked in about 4ish hours of Wardor before realizing this purchase was a mistake. I'm trying to trade-in to Amazon for steam gift cards, but the mutherfuckers at Amazon don't want to rip me off until they clear more of their new stock.

Such is life, I suppose.

EDIT:
Holy shit, I did not see the Abby tweet. God fucking dammit. Why do women have to deal with this bullshit?

danm999

Those stories are pretty heartbreaking but not at all uncommon sadly. I’ve heard similar stories from female friends and family, it makes you sick to your stomach, especially when authority figures find out and do shit all like in that first one.

YES

Cities + Expansions + Mods = the ultimate city sim game

Awesome, I thought that was the right one. Thank you.

I've clocked in about 4ish hours of Wardor before realizing this purchase was a mistake. I'm trying to trade-in to Amazon for steam gift cards, but the mutherfuckers at Amazon don't want to rip me off until they clear more of their new stock.

Such is life, I suppose.

How'd it take that long to figure it out? Honest question.

I thought Mordor was okay but would get sidetracked with doing Nemesis related things the whole time. I played Wardor for maybe...2 hours or so, had no interest in the story, saw myself just getting wrapped up in collectables again and said fuck it I'm out.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Such is life, I suppose.

EDIT:
Holy shit, I did not see the Abby tweet. God fucking dammit. Why do women have to deal with this bullshit?

lifetimes of patriarchy and deeply ingrained societal ideas and rules. the more people know its a problem the more that can be activated to push back when you see or hear of a problem.

Jintor

Awesome, I thought that was the right one. Thank you.

the thing is cities skyline is imperfect and could be better but it's still the best in class at the moment

i really hope they're working on a proper good sequel, i'm done with their expansion packs for now. it's just not sufficient.

other ppl making city builders are also welcome

Harpuia

I like how Abby says "oh mama". That along with her "noices" which Vinny has formally adopted into his vernacular. Her monologue about Sonic Mania was also pretty funny. Which speaks to how exciting her GOTY moments will be.

Her tweet and many others make it apparent that people continue to monumentally terrible, and possibly will be for the foreseeable future. Less people overall will not be terrible, hopefully and eventually. I hope nobody dismisses her or her tweets and instead thinks not about how they'll never do anything awful, but rather assesses how they carry themselves and ensure that they truly stand up for women who need help. Especially if they're men.

Sobering tweet from Abby about all the sexism and harassment she's faced, both in general and around the site.

Glad she was able to share those stories. People can be really disgusting. I have a friend who I took some computer science classes with me who would talk about how when she went to conferences and competitions, there would be people who were overly sexually suggestive to her and do accidental bumps into her to feel her butt and breast. It was really saddening to hear that and other stories of people who get harassed and the harassers playing it off as "it was a joke" and "it was harmless" and getting off scott-free. So Sickening.

Abby has been a wonderful addition to the giant bomb family and is very insightful and funny and can showcase even more of her talents as they produce more content for the site.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

"Fantastic."

Also yeah, I hope these tweets allow us to reflect and judge her from her work and not her looks, which is pretty classic workplace sexism.

Lari

I'm really glad for Abby speaking up about it. Really brave of her considering how unfriendly the gaming community can be.

People have to realize at some point that even small differentiations like saying "that guy is so smart and funny / that girl is so cute!" when trying to pay compliments can feel demoralizing and hurtful.
Not to say anything about the more objectionable comments / behaviors that are so common, unfortunately.

8) SWEARWORD-UH

That's probably my favorite Abby-ism! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom