• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does anyone know about how long a video stays up on Giant Bomb.com/chat after it's ended? I'm going to be busy during the first part of Sunshine today and would like to start the video at the beggining, but it stinks that they will sometimes take the page down halfway through me catching up.

So does anyone know about how long a video stays up on Giant Bomb.com/chat after it's ended? I'm going to be busy during the first part of Sunshine today and would like to start the video at the beggining, but it stinks that they will sometimes take the page down halfway through me catching up.

I would say 15 to 30 minutes tops, just a guess though.

Teddified

use https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/embed/8635/?allow_gb=yes to start watching it and it should stay up even if they take down chat, as long as you start when the stream is running and you don't refresh after chat is down.

BnRYwCG.png

Battlegrounds is an King of the Kill-like soo

And King of the Kill is an ARMA Battle Royale like

Didn't PU work on King of The Kill? I know he did some ARMA stuff as well.

Edit: Looking at his wiki, he did make the ARMA 2 mod and worked with Sony on King of the Kill

Strax

While I back to enjoying Zelda more after having lost some interest I gotta agree with Jeff on combat in the overworld being pointless and the drawn distance being terrible. I don't know how often I've paraglided to some place with no enemies until 2-3 secs before I land and then the place is suddenly crawling with them.

Tagyhag

Goddamn, Dan is really bad with the Kar98k lol.

Granted, it was a holographic sight, but he clearly missed a lot of shots.

And then trying to frag grenade and shoot the S12K from long distance...

OMG I was doing the Hitman elusive and I used the Explosive Phone and one of the bodyguards got stuck above the canopy and now a group of civilians are on top of this rooftop just staring at his corpse

WTF lol.

I just stopped listening to the bombcast like 2 or 3 weeks ago unless I just have no other podcasts to listen to anymore and I'm in a podcast-listening situation

it's clean living. It's a sad state of affairs, but lord it's bad

Joeku

https://twitter.com/adrian_a_forest/status/887521247113879552

This is the tweet that started the engine discussion. Long story short, dumb people use engines as shorthand for things being bad before they know it's bad and associate all game failures with an engine.

Unfortunately, this is probably necessary growing pains with middleware being as necessary as it is. Even the game companies blamed engines for their troubles, sometimes justifiably (UE3 pop-in last gen) and sometimes not (Bethesda saying "It was Gamebryo, the next one will be fine!").

OMG I was doing the Hitman elusive and I used the Explosive Phone and one of the bodyguards got stuck above the canopy and now a group of civilians are on top of this rooftop just staring at his corpse

WTF lol.

Pics.

derFeef

This is the tweet that started the engine discussion. Long story short, dumb people use engines as shorthand for things being bad before they know it's bad and associate all game failures with an engine.

Unfortunately, this is probably necessary growing pains with middleware being as necessary as it is. Even the game companies blamed engines for their troubles, sometimes justifiably (UE3 pop-in last gen) and sometimes not (Bethesda saying "It was Gamebryo, the next one will be fine!").

Pics.
Most of GAF hate Unity and often do that sadly, a lot of examples there where I ripped my hair out because of the stubbornness.

oti

Banned
I made a choose your own adventure game with Unity. It's super fascinating how that thing looks and works. I made it with a Udemy course though. Next project is the UI for a game that guesses a number.

Joeku

Most of GAF hate Unity and often do that sadly, a lot of examples there where I ripped my hair out because of the stubbornness.

When a tool is so widely available and so commonly used for dumb bullshit people associate things that use that tool with previous bullshit even if it's not fair. Considering how often the "video games have to reinvent the proverbial camera" keeps getting brought up, this feels closer to camera and film options right now. Some movie makers need to use film, some like crazy 3D shit, digital filmmaking automatically looks trashy and low-budget to some people, etc.

imBask

Banned
real talk it seems like the general tone of GB discussion has been really negative even outside of the usual places

idk... I feel like the Beastcast is stronger than ever now with Abby. The west is still a little weak, but Ben is a fun addition and I like him a lot

I feel like they could produce a little more fun features especially in the west. More Demo Derby, more Game Tapes, more weird stuff insted of only doing QLs but other than that this is the most happy i've been with the website since Patrick left. They are definitely being carried by East in my head tho

real talk it seems like the general tone of GB discussion has been really negative even outside of the usual places

that's because West is the worst it's ever been ever since Drew left. Let's be honest if not for East would anyone still be a subscriber? They're the only reason I re-upped. Nobody at West seems to give a fuck any more.

Hindl

While I back to enjoying Zelda more after having lost some interest I gotta agree with Jeff on combat in the overworld being pointless and the drawn distance being terrible. I don't know how often I've paraglided to some place with no enemies until 2-3 secs before I land and then the place is suddenly crawling with them.

I haven't had any problems with the draw distance personally, but agreed on combat. I've said it multiple times before but it's just too shallow. I think if it even just had one more button for a light/heavy combo or whatever, it would've drastically improved the game

It's definitely interesting to see that people outside of this hellhole of a thread have the same gripes with GB that we do.
It's nothing new, people forget the days when a majority of the GB forums was shitting on Ryan, claiming that he was done with games, didn't play anything, wasn't into it.

Then when Ryan passed away, that same majority started talking about how it was all doom and gloom for Giant Bomb without him.

These cycles happen all the time, GB gets into a slump at least once/twice a year.

If Ben comes up with just a single fun feature people will forget about it all instantly.

I think the Bombcast would benefit from a more peppy host. I love Brad, but he's far better when he brings that monotone fire from the side. He used to drop serious power arguments when he had time to stew on a story. Now he has to maintain the Bombcast flow and try to start up conversations on news topics, but I don't think he's as strong off the cuff.

Strax

It's definitely interesting to see that people outside of this hellhole of a thread have the same gripes with GB that we do.

A hellhole, c'mon now.

I haven't had any problems with the draw distance personally, but agreed on combat. I've said it multiple times before but it's just too shallow. I think if it even just had one more button for a light/heavy combo or whatever, it would've drastically improved the game

For me it's more it serves almost no purpose outside of getting monster parts and that's not a major part of the game. For the combat itself I'd like a roll button.

daveo42

Banned

My only issues are with West and their overall output. It seems like East just does more with what they have while West falls into a very similar routine week after week. Drew leaving and Dan moving to NYC I feel took the wind out of their sails without an actual replacement for either. I like Ben and what he brings, but he's no Dan. No one is, but you can't deny that while we all hate Dan, he brought much more than anyone else to the table in recent years. And not to knock Jason and all the work he puts in, Drew was real good at what he did.

A hellhole, c'mon now.

This place is constantly on fire from all the hot takes.

LiK

Pics.

Geez, now I finally understand wtf they're talking about. They really think everyone follows everything they tweet about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom