• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

Fortnite is actually a game and it's being released

I can hardly believe it

I still remember what I was doing as I was listening to the bombcast talk about that game 6 years ago. I remember being so hyped about the concept back then, but these days it doesn't seem unique at all anymore.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I still remember what I was doing as I was listening to the bombcast talk about that game 6 years ago now. I remember being so hyped about the concept back then, but these days it doesn't seem unique at all anymore.

Was it?

All i remembered about it back then was Minecraft clone.

Oh I was not aware of this Dota feature... yikes.

AwKYtcw.gif

Can you spoil it for me and say why it was go good?

So by the end, one of the main members was killed. 3 others become rich and famous. Toby becomes a Senate correspondent. The main leader however becomes depressed and practically has PTSD. Ax goes back to his home planet. The enemies are forced to transform into nothlits, that is forced to change into an animal and to be stuck in that form.

Jake is then pretty much coerced by the government to train new animorphs. However Ax went missing, so he gathers up the team except for his ex who he declined to bring along because she found someone else, and he thinks she'll be happier that way.

So they take a ship, and find Ax in The Blade Ship, which was a ship he was tasked to find. They communicate with the ship and find Ax, only that he has assimilated with a being known only as The One, who ripped Ax's face to give him the facsimile of a mouth, who threatens to consume the animorphs. The story ends with Jake ordering then to ram the ship.

Im sparing the details but I liked it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So by the end, one of the main members was killed. 3 others become rich and famous. Toby becomes a Senate correspondent. The main leader however becomes depressed and practically has PTSD. Ax goes back to his home planet. The enemies are forced to transform into nothlits, that is forced to change into an animal and to be stuck in that form.

Jake is then pretty much coerced by the government to train new animorphs. However Ax went missing, so he gathers up the team except for his ex who he declined to bring along because she found someone else, and he thinks she'll be happier that way.

So they take a ship, and find Ax in The Blade Ship, which was a ship he was tasked to find. They communicate with the ship and find Ax, only that he has assimilated with a being known only as The One, who ripped Ax's face to give him the facsimile of a mouth, who threatens to consume the animorphs. The story ends with Jake ordering then to ram the ship.

I thought I finished the series.

But apparently I didn't/

Wow.

That's nuts.

... Am I too old to revisit them all on Kindle? Probably.

Ashby

This sounds like if TNG never renewed after The Best of Both Worlds Part 1

I thought I finished the series.

But apparently I didn't/

Wow.

That's nuts.

... Am I too old to revisit them all on Kindle? Probably.

I'd still recommend it. The story is legitimately great, and despite being a kids story there are DARK moments in it.

This sounds like if TNG never renewed after The Best of Both Worlds Part 1

Yeah. It ends...darkly. I'm kinda sad there was never a continuation but y'know, it ended greatly.

TraBuch

Banned
I relatively recently found my entire collection of Animorphs books, including all the Megamorphs and Chronicles books, as well as both of those choose your own adventure books.

The box also had a lot of Goosebumps, all the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark books with the original horrifying art, some Captain Underpants, The Stinky Cheese Man, and some other books that're slipping my mind.

Good times. Gotta love those Scholastic book orders and fairs.

Mr. F

Banned
I relatively recently found my entire collection of Animorphs books, including all the Megamorphs and Chronicles books, as well as both of those choose your own adventure books.

The box also had a lot of Goosebumps, all the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark books with the original horrifying art, some Captain Underpants, The Stinky Cheese Man, and some other books that're slipping my mind.

Good times. Gotta love those Scholastic book orders and fairs.

I have a very specific nostalgia for leafing through book orders in class and going straight for the games section. Got rollercoaster tycoon and the sims that way, great times.

Hilariously great timing on that Jar Time, jumping into BF1 for the first time in a while and JT is oddly the first thing I think about when looking for Battlefield background noise.

This "Premium friends" thing or whatever seems to be working out really well, the last couple matches were nearly 1/4 filled with people taking advantage of it. Hope it helps to fight against the usual ghost town syndrome Battlefield tends to get a while into release. (Not that I'm actively playing this one at all.)

Also, these night maps, man.

Saturn emulation is like navigating a minefield when it comes to compatibility

I think my desktop had 10 different SSF folders before I bought a Saturn because I just couldn't take it anymore

Playing Super Mario Galaxy for the first time in Dolphin while watching Jar Time with Jeff.

So far the game is pretty good, but man does it ask you to do some obnoxious stuff with the Wiimote

pronk420

Who was it that tried to eat 100 nuggs on one of their streams? I think Jason but that doesn’t seem right since I don’t think he was there when the nuggening happened. Anyone remember which video it was?

Jesus Christ, Nintendo. Get your shIt together. Don't offer a pre-load for Splatoon 2 and can't even ensure the Eshop can handle the traffic load.

Playing Super Mario Galaxy for the first time in Dolphin while watching Jar Time with Jeff.

So far the game is pretty good, but man does it ask you to do some obnoxious stuff with the Wiimote

Some of the wii mote stuff is weird, but I liked the balancing on the ball with the wii mote gimmick for a couple levels.

Super mario galaxy is one of the best games of all time, SMG2 is even better somehow

Some of the wii mote stuff is weird, but I liked the balancing on the ball with the wii mote gimmick for a couple levels.

Super mario galaxy is one of the best games of all time, SMG2 is even better somehow

Yea I'm loving SMG2 so far! Just got up to 45 stars. Sadly it's gonna have to be On the back burner some tomorrow since I'll be getting Splatoon 2! Great game though, I'm going to beat it finally !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom